LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 240 users in the forums

SF 49ers vs Commanders Pregame Thread - 2022 Season Week 16

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SF 49ers vs Commanders Pregame Thread - 2022 Season Week 16

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

The niners are #1 on the Hot/Crazy curve. That is all you need to know from this graph
21-14 niners

This is going to be ugly and boring
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
If anyone was wondering what the exact numbers are: 24.1 PPG scored on offense, 15 PPG allowed on defense. 27.6 PPG scored on offense, 11 PPG allowed on defense during the 7 game win streak.

We've given up a total of 77 points during the last 7 games. We gave up 72 points in the 2 games prior.

Pretty much the 6 teams likely to play in Glendale.

Now watch it be something absurd like LAC vs MIN.
Originally posted by FL9er:
Pretty much the 6 teams likely to play in Glendale.

Now watch it be something absurd like LAC vs MIN.

Craziness always happens in the playoffs. The Bengals got to the SB last year. The Niners cannot lose to one of those "upset" teams. Niners will be favored in most playoff matchups until it's the Eagles most likely
Kyle gonna dismantle Rivera's defense again like he did to the Panthers a few years ago
Commanders get Chase Young back....we get Kinlaw. Not exactly even but both Dlines will be improved
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Every week we hear from posters how tough our opponent will be. But all our wins have pretty much been blow out wins. Our closest margin of victories have been 6 and 8 points.

we all have PTSD from the beginning of the season.

The two L's that give me the most grief are the Bears and Broncos. I'm giving Kyle a pass but I wish we could have our sh*t together the first 5 weeks of the season. Such easily winnable games. We'd be right there fighting for the #1 seed
I hope Kyle shanahan wears a sweater or hat that says "Snyder did it" hahahaha

I would be down to chip in to pay his nfl fine. Hahaha
Originally posted by Silky:
Every week we hear from posters how tough our opponent will be. But all our wins have pretty much been blow out wins. Our closest margin of victories have been 6 and 8 points.

The two L's that give me the most grief are the Bears and Broncos. I'm giving Kyle a pass but I wish we could have our sh*t together the first 5 weeks of the season. Such easily winnable games. We'd be right there fighting for the #1 seed

This is the second season in a row that we got off to a rough start, digging ourselves a hole (that we've fortunately climbed out of both times).

i wonder if it's just coincidence and a bunch of random factors out of control, or if he needs to adjust how he approaches training camp? I'd like to see us start 8-0 like we did in 2019 again 😈.

kyles definitely improved as a coach over the years though, I love to see it.
Originally posted by tankle104:

This is the second season in a row that we got off to a rough start, digging ourselves a hole (that we've fortunately climbed out of both times).

i wonder if it's just coincidence and a bunch of random factors out of control, or if he needs to adjust how he approaches training camp? I'd like to see us start 8-0 like we did in 2019 again 😈.

kyles definitely improved as a coach over the years though, I love to see it.

A lot depends on the schedule. In 2019 the early part of the schedule was the easiest. After the bye things got tougher. This year the early part was the toughest part. We had a couple of bad weather games and most of our road games were in the first half. The last part of our schedule this year couldn't have been any better if it was hand picked by Kyle.

Anyone with an injury of any degree should sit out. We're fine the 3rd seed.
Commanders get Chase Young back....we get Kinlaw. Not exactly even but both Dlines will be improved

Young probably going to be on a limited snap count. At least I hope so.

This graph puts us on a roughly equal aggregate axis to Bills and Eagles, with a bias towards defence, balance, and offence for each team. At first glance some people might think this sits us no.1 since 'higher' usually means better, but it's more like a 3-way tie and then take your pick on strategy.

eta: I bet a second-half of regular season so far would look mighty different!
[ Edited by joeknows on Dec 21, 2022 at 8:53 AM ]
Originally posted by joeknows:
This graph puts us on a roughly equal aggregate axis to Bills and Eagles, with a bias towards defence, balance, and offence for each team. At first glance some people might think this sits us no.1 since 'higher' usually means better, but it's more like a 3-way tie and then take your pick on strategy.

eta: I bet a second-half of regular season so far would look mighty different!

Roughly
Originally posted by asvidzinski:

Roughly

I know what you marked up is pretty accurate and it's "roughly". I'm just saying I'd take the chiefs and bengals over eagles, cowboys, and bills (I think the bills are very good). Chiefs are amazing as usual and Bengals are a really tough team with burrow at the helm.
Share 49ersWebzone