There are 131 users in the forums

SF 49ers vs Commanders Pregame Thread - 2022 Season Week 16

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SF 49ers vs Commanders Pregame Thread - 2022 Season Week 16

Originally posted by Waterbear:
They actually strike me as a team we could lose to.

The commanders and lions are two teams that play tough and match up well against us.

Now... we should be favored because we're a much better team than both.

But styles make fights and Washington gave Philly their only loss.

I like our pass rush vs heinicke
Go Niners Go !!!!
Couldn't they have come up with a better name besides the Commanders? Lol
Originally posted by Montana:

And wtf did they have to change their logo? Its just like land-o-lakes company logo. Remove the native american and keep the land.
Originally posted by Montana:

Washington: Team With No Name would of been better.
Somewhat meaningless game. I'd employ some real snap counts on our stars. It certainly should not be a "Run the ball with CMC 26 times" type game
Originally posted by mattster03:
Somewhat meaningless game. I'd employ some real snap counts on our stars. It certainly should not be a "Run the ball with CMC 26 times" type game

Meaningless why? You still have to win to get that 2nd seed and that seems like the goal to end the season heading into the playoffs. I do agree with not running CMC that much
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Meaningless why? You still have to win to get that 2nd seed and that seems like the goal to end the season heading into the playoffs. I do agree with not running CMC that much

To me the difference between 2nd seed & 3rd seed does not seem worth trying extremely hard for.

To me the difference between 2nd seed & 3rd seed does not seem worth trying extremely hard for.

2nd seed ensures 2 Home Games, so that is something to fight for if it is still available.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

2nd seed ensures 2 Home Games, so that is something to fight for if it is still available.

Plus the #1 seed is technically still in play too.

Yeah, I get that... but if you had me choose between a healthy team / not losing any players between now and Wildcard weekend or being guaranteed two home games, I'd choose the former for sure. We will likely naturally win 2 out of the final 3 even with hefty snap count reductions. I don't know, I'd be conservative, but I'm also not a head coach in the NFL.
Originally posted by walker807:

I think if Min loses this weekend we get the #2 seed correct? We would be tied at 10-4, can anyone look into that?

Also yes 2 home games in the playoffs is much better than 1. Also if somehow Philly loses first, we'll get 3 home games if I'm not mistaken.

Exactly, 2 home games no flights and a Philly mess up away to hosting the title game. You definitely go hard for the 2nd seed
[ Edited by FredFlintstone on Dec 16, 2022 at 2:44 PM ]
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by walker807:

I think if Min loses this weekend we get the #2 seed correct? We would be tied at 10-4, can anyone look into that?

Also yes 2 home games in the playoffs is much better than 1. Also if somehow Philly loses first, we'll get 3 home games if I'm not mistaken.

Yes we would take over the 2nd and if we end up tied at the end of the season we will hold the tie breaker due to better conference record
I think the Vikings are going to lose 2 more times. Giants and Packers.
Share 49ersWebzone