LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 279 users in the forums

SF 49ers vs Commanders Pregame Thread - 2022 Season Week 16

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SF 49ers vs Commanders Pregame Thread - 2022 Season Week 16

Originally posted by 49erKing:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
everyone talking about the commanders defense. Guess Brock is in for a big test?

Less we forget he's been practicing against the #1 defense all this time.

Commandos defense - what's so great about them? Their D-line starters, that's it right?

Top 10 pass defense, scoring defense and redzone defense. They look like they are vulnerable to the ground game though.
During this current win streak, our IOL guys have been improving, especially Brendel. So, this will be a good test. Pro Bowl Jonathan Allen reminds me of Chris Jones in the way he collapses the front of the pocket. He will get double-teamed a lot which means the rest of the OL will have to win their one-on-one battles in PP. Daron Payne, the other DT, is no slouch but not at the same level as Allen.

Chase Young will play tomorrow. Whether he is ready for extended PT or not remains to be seen. How Montez Sweat didn't make the Pro Bowl is puzzling but he will test McGlinchey.

That is the battle that I will be watching. Gonna be fun.
Please no injuries.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Check the Latest Preview video! Like and Subscribe to the Channel to help support! Thank you all! Happy Holidays!

Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Won't be easy and they may need help from the offense to go up a few scores to force WAS away from their run game.

Going to be tough. WAS has 2 pretty good RBs

We have the No.1 Run Defense, so their best weapon/play on offense is playing against one of our Defense's strengths. Just hope that theres not alot of 2/3 & shorts.

WAS has been running the ball very well the past six games, all 137+ yards. Kinlaw will be tested right away. Let's see how he holds up against double team blocks.

Yup, Lets hope him and Armstead make a stand and they both hold up all game.
I can't imagine the game plan Shanny has for this game considering he got extra days to install. He's going to expose their weakest link, 100%.

Commanders gonna be too busy trying to figure out where the ball is before they even get to Purdy.
[ Edited by D0PEMAN on Dec 23, 2022 at 7:47 PM ]
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
I can't imagine the game plan Shanny has for this game considering he got extra days to install.

Commanders gonna be too busy trying to figure out where the ball is before they even get to Purdy.

I think our teams have actually came out slow coming off Bye weeks lol considering this was a mini bye week.
I can't imagine the game plan Shanny has for this game considering he got extra days to install. He's going to expose their weakest link, 100%.

and he and trent hate washington
Im amazed they didn't have Trent Mic'ed up this week instead of vs the Seahawks.
I can't imagine the game plan Shanny has for this game considering he got extra days to install.

I think our teams have actually came out slow coming off Bye weeks lol considering this was a mini bye week.
Yeah, it seems we do bad after bye weeks. It's like Kyle forgets to game plan due to the long break.

Originally posted by Alfienator:

Yeah, it seems we do bad after bye weeks. It's like Kyle forgets to game plan due to the long break.

It's different this year. You can tell.

Plus we already beat the chargers after the actual bye.
Chase Young will only play 12-15 snaps per the Washington beat writers.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Chase Young will only play 12-15 snaps per the Washington beat writers.

LMFAO 40+ snaps confirmed!

when he lines up against McGlinchey on 3rd down for the love of god, Kyle please put a TE/FB/RB to help him!
Originally posted by Shifty:
Check the Latest Preview video! Like and Subscribe to the Channel to help support! Thank you all! Happy Holidays!

Good video thanks!! Wash D looks kinda stacked, hopefully, they will be shut down.
Originally posted by 9moon:
Prediction ???

PAINNNNN !!!!

SF 24
WA 9

"You ain't so baddddd. You ain't so bad"

"Yeah…..well I ain't breathing heavy!"

They have a top 3 DL BUT their back 7 are average at best. They are vulnerable at LB, S and cbs
[ Edited by elguapo on Dec 23, 2022 at 11:26 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone