There are 196 users in the forums

SF 49ers vs Commanders Pregame Thread - 2022 Season Week 16

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SF 49ers vs Commanders Pregame Thread - 2022 Season Week 16

Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
If you don't think the Cowboys D is legit I don't know what to say…

I don't think either team are frauds. I respect MIN's offense and DAL's full team, but I also like our chances at home and away against both.

Teams I think we actually could lose to:
1) PHI
2) DET (assuming they even make it)
3) DAL
4) MIN

5) SEA / WAS / NYG
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Why are people underestimating Washington? This is a much better team than they're given credit for.

They're a winning team who beat the best ranked team in the league, don't care if it was a division game. You could argue that makes it even more significant because of how tough they had to play.

They're absolutely stacked on the DL with Young who should be active this week and Sweat, Payne, and Allen. It's going to be a dog fight in the trenches this week IMO, and Purdy needs to be protected, considering his injury.

We are more talented overall and play at home, so yes we should have an edge. But I don't want to overlook that team.

Or it might say something about the Eagles. I'm not convinced that they are as good as their record might suggest. If the football gods make it so I have a feeling that we could go into Philly and kick their ass.
SF always owns Ron Rivera
Commanders play that old NFC East smash-mouth football.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I don't think either team are frauds. I respect MIN's offense and DAL's full team, but I also like our chances at home and away against both.

Teams I think we actually could lose to:
1) PHI
2) DET (assuming they even make it)
3) DAL
4) MIN

5) SEA / WAS / NYG

Det????? You do realize they have Goff at qb and the WORST defense in the league. (Or 2nd worst with Minn taking that title today)
Time to break down the Condomers
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Team49ers:
Can't count on other teams beating the vikings, so i wouldn't mind dropping a loss to washington and getting a loss out of the way. Then going on a winning streak into the playoffs.

I didn't know that's how the system works. Getting a loss just for the sake of getting it out of the way
I find that the Taylor Heinike vs. Brock Purdy matchup in this game interesting. They are very similar. Slightly undersized white dudes with slightly below average arm strength, not too fast but can run if needed. In fact has anyone seen both of them at the same time.
Sounds like Chase Young will probably make his debut against us. Dude hasn't played like in over a year so not worried

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Sounds like Chase Young will probably make his debut against us. Dude hasn't played like in over a year so not worried

He's fresh, so I think we *should* be concerned.

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
lol, commanders

8 game win streak, next!

They actually strike me as a team we could lose to.

The commanders and lions are two teams that play tough and match up well against us.

Now... we should be favored because we're a much better team than both.

But styles make fights and Washington gave Philly their only loss.

Agreed. Washington really has come alive. I'm expecting it to be the most difficult game left of the season. We should roll on the Cards and the Raiders, while more talented, have no heart.

You seriously think the Cards and Raiders have more talent than the Niners? If so you are loco.
[ Edited by pdfortune on Dec 18, 2022 at 8:20 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Why?? The 49ers have the best Left Tackle in the game. With that said, Washington should be concerned, they're gonna have the #1 pass rusher coming for them!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Why?? The 49ers have the best Left Tackle in the game. With that said, Washington should be concerned, they're gonna have the #1 pass rusher coming for them!!!

I'm not worried about Trent, I'm worried about MM. He's gotten owned plenty of times this year by top tier pass rushers. When a team is stacked with multiples like Washington, unfortunately that means MM has to take on one of them alone sometimes. We are gonna have to help him which might limit the number of options we have in the passing game.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Det????? You do realize they have Goff at qb and the WORST defense in the league. (Or 2nd worst with Minn taking that title today)

The Goff slander is ridiculous. He's been balling this year and the Lions are scary because they will play hard every single snap of the game.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by elguapo:

The Goff slander is ridiculous. He's been balling this year and the Lions are scary because they will play hard every single snap of the game.

DET is dangerous.
Share 49ersWebzone