There are 246 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs ARIZONA CARDINALS - 2022 Game 17

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs ARIZONA CARDINALS - 2022 Game 17

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
I guess we want to Vikings to lose the morning game so we have a better chance of resting players earlier in the game. I guess it depends how much of a curb stomping the Eagles are doing to the Giants, who are not even trying to win.

It doesn't matter if the Vikings win or lose, we're locked at #2 and hoping they lose isn't going to let us rest our players. Your kind of not making sense, Slip.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I guess we want to Vikings to lose the morning game so we have a better chance of resting players earlier in the game. I guess it depends how much of a curb stomping the Eagles are doing to the Giants, who are not even trying to win.

It doesn't matter if the Vikings win or lose, we're locked at #2 and hoping they lose isn't going to let us rest our players. Your kind of not making sense, Slip.

That is not true. If vikings win today they will have 13 wins. If we lose we will have 12 wins.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YACBros85:

That is not true. If vikings win today they will have 13 wins. If we lose we will have 12 wins.

Yeah, your right, we're not locked in at #2, we just occupy it right now. If forbid we lose, a Vikings loss would secure is the #2 seed.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 8, 2023 at 5:23 AM ]

No, we're not. We get the 2nd seed if the we have a better record then the Vikings or tie them record wise.

• 49ers and Vikings both win: We get the 2nd seed due to our tied records at 13-4.
  • 49ers and Vikings both lose: We get the 2nd seed due to our tied records at 12-5.
  • 49ers win and Vikings lose: We get the 2nd seed due to having a better record, 13-4 vs 12-5.
  • 49ers lose and Vikings win: We're the 3rd seed due to Minnesota having a better record, 13-4 vs 12-5.

Minnesota does play before us, so we'll know what has to happen for us to get the 2nd seed by kickoff.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by linkboy:

No, we're not. We get the 2nd seed if the we have a better record then the Vikings or tie them record wise.

• 49ers and Vikings both win: We get the 2nd seed due to our tied records at 13-4.
  • 49ers and Vikings both lose: We get the 2nd seed due to our tied records at 12-5.
  • 49ers win and Vikings lose: We get the 2nd seed due to having a better record, 13-4 vs 12-5.
  • 49ers lose and Vikings win: We're the 3rd seed due to Minnesota having a better record, 13-4 vs 12-5.

Minnesota does play before us, so we'll know what has to happen for us to get the 2nd seed by kickoff.

Yeah, I know.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran

I have this gut feeling we will get the #2 seed and GB will come to town. The one team I hoped we didn't have to play., I know we own them but i feel like their a team that can get an upset right now.
Originally posted by YACBros85:

Yeah, your right, we're not locked in at #2, we just occupy it right now. If forbid we lose, a Vikings loss would secure is the #2 seed.

Its ok, I thought maybe I was wrong since I haven't had my morning cup of Black Coffee yet.

[ Edited by GoreGoreGore on Jan 8, 2023 at 6:08 AM ]
Gameday!!!

Win this scrimmage before the playoffs. Let's go!!!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

If Purdy does end up winning ROTY and has a good career - they should rename "Mr. Irrelevant" to "Purdy Relevant"!

that is like years away, if ever, but that would be pretty cool. See him change the perspective of that pick forever.

Yeah, I know.

Hahaha it's early! Cut Mayo a break. He's focused on getting a tingly sensation 😈.

we lose if he doesn't, it's a fact.
Blough has never won and NFL game 0-6, let's make it 0-7. Muhahaha
Shanny better not overwork CMC, Deebo, and Elijah. Keep those boys fresh. Let's see Mason and TDP get some work in today.
Originally posted by 49erKing:
Shanny better not overwork CMC, Deebo, and Elijah. Keep those boys fresh. Let's see Mason and TDP get some work in today.

I'm hoping to see like 4-5 drives in the first half wirh CMC and Mitchell - so they can get some reps and get comfortable with it before the playoffs. If it's a close game, then keep playing them, but if not - rest him as the game goes on.
Share 49ersWebzone