LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 277 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs ARIZONA CARDINALS - 2022 Game 17

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs ARIZONA CARDINALS - 2022 Game 17

• Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
Back to back weeks the defense has looked bad against subpar opponents. Not ideal heading into the playoffs

Rogers is licking his chops
heres an idea, lets appreciate all our QBs regardless of who you prefer
The 49ers have a problem. The lowly Raiders exposed this defense. The lowly Cardinals are exposing this defense as well. Thirteen points are not much, but it's just because the opposing QBs are NOT elite.
Rodgers, Hurts, & even Cousins can easily do the same, maybe more effectively. Then come Mahomes or Allen or Burrow.

Win or lose today's game, something is off & the 49ers need to fix the DB situation.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Purdy is just continuing the trend that he's had of getting worse each start.

He's been off today and the accuracy is off. Guys are so wide open against the 3rd stringers of their bottom tier defense it just doesn't matter.

How about a consensus vote to just ban this guy?

This would instantly improve the quality of the community overall, and especially the quarterback threads. Therefore, it probably won't happen. I think the forum benefits from the drama...lots of traffic as these threads go on for days hanging on whether almost-interceptions are real stats.

yea if sdniner hasnt been banned nor will ring

SD is less aggressive though.

SD has mod-level nuance and respect compared to ring.
Originally posted by Koldo:
Trey'd better get used to holding the clipboard.

Our QB's get hurt. So Trey will likely see playing time at some point next season.
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Purdy is just continuing the trend that he's had of getting worse each start.

He's been off today and the accuracy is off. Guys are so wide open against the 3rd stringers of their bottom tier defense it just doesn't matter.

How about a consensus vote to just ban this guy?

This would instantly improve the quality of the community overall, and especially the quarterback threads. Therefore, it probably won't happen. I think the forum benefits from the drama...lots of traffic as these threads go on for days hanging on whether almost-interceptions are real stats.

It's crazy the number of people here that think the forum would be better if everyone agrees about everything and no one was ever critical of anything the team did.

No, we just know the forum would be better if YOU weren't here.

Here's an idea, just ignore the poster or use the hide post feature and then you don't have to deal with it.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersking:
The 49ers have a problem. The lowly Raiders exposed this defense. The lowly Cardinals are exposing this defense as well. Thirteen points are not much, but it's just because the opposing QBs are NOT elite.
Rodgers, Hurts, & even Cousins can easily do the same, maybe more effectively. Then come Mahomes or Allen or Burrow.

Win or lose today's game, something is off & the 49ers need to fix the DB situation.

With who, Ambry Thomas? They really have no where else to go. Maybe roll help to his side all the time but that exposes other areas of the field.
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
heres an idea, lets appreciate all our QBs regardless of who you prefer

What a concept! 😄

Defense got too much hype. Could be a blessing in disguise!
D in back to back games looks very ordinary. Very concerning

There was no game film on the QBs this week or last week. There is a ton of studies that can be done on those other guys. I'm a believer that the coaching staff will figure it out.

Defense is absolutely the biggest concern in my mind. The secondary (outside of the Wards) isn't getting it done, and the pass rush isn't enough to cover up that deficiency. If we go anywhere in the playoffs, I think we'll do so via track meets.

I hope it's because they took the foot off the gas due to clinchjng the division and being guaranteed the #3 spot.
Originally posted by Predator85:
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
Brock 5 straight starts with 2 TD's

Jimmy doesn't do that.

Jimmy balance it out with 2ints.

Originally posted by thl408:
I think missing Greenlaw is huge. I know Bosa is awesome and all, but I feel the biggest strength of this defense is the Warner/Greenlaw duo, dropping back in coverage and controlling the middle of the field.

That's why I think they need to continue drafting LB. I hope for God's sake that they don't take another RB early. LB is always welcome, building a steady pipeline of high quality talent.
Share 49ersWebzone