There are 185 users in the forums

SF 49ERS at Eagles Pregame Thread - 2022 Season Conference Final

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Eagles radio guys on 9.57 the game saying Nick Sirianni & Hurts are going to revolutionize the game the same way Walsh and Montana did, and that 49ers fans will die if they go to the game wearing appeal.

these idiots are delusional

Dude, I listen to sports talk all day and I don't even listen to those guys.
Originally posted by BirdRick2112:
Eagles radio guys on 9.57 the game saying Nick Sirianni & Hurts are going to revolutionize the game the same way Walsh and Montana did, and that 49ers fans will die if they go to the game wearing apperal.

Joe DeCamara & Jon Ritchie?
[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Jan 27, 2023 at 9:13 AM ]
I'm starting to get antsy, I'm glad we're the first game. After we win I can settle in and watch the second game. Kind of decompression so I don't get the bends coming to the surface too quickly.
Originally posted by Patton:
Eagles radio guys on 9.57 the game saying Nick Sirianni & Hurts are going to revolutionize the game the same way Walsh and Montana did, and that 49ers fans will die if they go to the game wearing appeal.

Stay classy Philly.

It's weird that they think it's cool to physically hurt folks or harass them. Lol this is a franchise with very little to no success ever besides one super bowl run. I mean they've had overall success since the 2000s but it's weird that a fan base thinks so highly of themselves when there isn't much to be proud of besides 1 Super Bowl win and getting knocked out of the playoffs regularly.

im curious if Andy Reid feels more like a Chief or an Eagle. I'd imagine chiefs because of how successful he has been there and how much better the fan base/ownership treats him
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jan 27, 2023 at 9:20 AM ]
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I'm starting to get antsy, I'm glad we're the first game. After we win I can settle in and watch the second game. Kind of decompression so I don't get the bends coming to the surface too quickly.

Yea but if we lose I won't be be able to watch the great matchup in the 2nd game.

I won't even make it to game two if it doesn't go our way. But no need to worry. I may be blasted on bacardi by game two anyway

There is only one good out of this and I am such a diehard football fan in general I have a ton of things that need attention and cleaning around the house inside and out. I will get some of my life back and get the place back in top top shape soon.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Patton:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Kinlaw blocked a Field Goal in last years eagle/49er game.

I just re-watched the 49ers vs Eagles game last year. The deebo catch and run on that last two minute drive to end the half, he basically YAC'd his way through the Eagles defense. They looked terrible in tackling last year.

Oh we beat them last year too.

Just rewatched the highlights after seeing your post. One thing that stood out is how completely different the current offense is compared to that offense and also, Jalen Hurts was a beast.

I think the current offense is going to prove to be good enough to win the game, but if Hurts makes the same throws and runs as last game, the defense is going to have their hands full.

One other glaring difference was how the offense only dinked & dunked the ball with Jimmy, there wasn't any shots down the field hardly. One major difference that jumps out also is the RBs. CMC has completely changed the offense and with Mitchell & Mason, the running game is much better.

It's going to be a slugfest for sure.

Jimmy was terrible in the beginning of that game, and 49ers had a couple of ticky tacky penalties called against them.

To me, the difference between Purdy and Jimmy is Purdy's accuracy. Jimmy overthrew Mohammed Sanu on a couple of wide open paases. No eagle within 4 yards of Sanu.

Our run defense did a good job on their run offense last year. This years eagles are definitely different from last years eagles, so I'd take about 50% to 60% as comparable to last year and the rest as unknown. In other words this years eagles look much more explosive than last year, and their defense is much tougher, but *how* they do things on offense and defense still look pretty similar.
Originally posted by 9erson3:

I won't even make it to game two if it doesn't go our way. But no need to worry. I may be blasted on bacardi by game two anyway

There is only one good out of this and I am such a diehard football fan in general I have a ton of things that need attention and cleaning around the house inside and out. I will get some of my life back and get the place back in top top shape soon.
Usually, when the niners lose - I stopped paying attention. I didn't even watch the super bowl last year because I couldn't care less who won.

i used to be a massive fan and watch as many games as possible, but as I got older, I stopped caring. I didn't want to waste so much energy and time on teams/people that couldn't care less about me and I have no control over. So I just enjoy the niners and follow them until they are eliminated.
Originally posted by tankle104:
It's weird that they think it's cool to physically hurt folks or harass them. Lol this is a franchise with very little to no success ever besides one super bowl run. I mean they've had overall success since the 2000s but it's weird that a fan base thinks so highly of themselves when there isn't much to be proud of besides 1 Super Bowl win and getting knocked out of the playoffs regularly.

im curious if Andy Reid feels more like a Chief or an Eagle. I'd imagine chiefs because of how successful he has been there and how much better the fan base/ownership treats him

The true degenerates can't afford to actually go to the game. The Philly people playing that "better not step foot inside the stadium" crap are full of it.
Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
Originally posted by Eaglesfan32:
Not saying they won't apply great pressure and/or get a sack or so - but if we held the cowboys to 2 sacks with the abuse they gave us, I think we can hold our own against Philly.

Dallas has a pretty good O line and we sacked them 5 times the last time we played.

dont think the Niners sacked them once

Twice

Would have been three times had Arik not passed on that end zone safety. But, the game was essentially over at that point.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

The true degenerates can't afford to actually go to the game. The Philly people playing that "better not step foot inside the stadium" crap are full of it.

True. Lol tickets price those people out. I always felt like the raiders and niners game in the preseason were dangerous because the tickets were so cheap that any and everyone could go - you usually don't get the best crowd in those situations.
My confidence is based on the fact that the 49ers have more veteran players and coaches (on both sides of the ball) that have been on this stage, and have felt what it's like to lose.
If you've ever been to a Niner vs Raider game in Oakland then going to Philly is a walk in the park
Originally posted by BirdRick2112:
Eagles radio guys on 9.57 the game saying Nick Sirianni & Hurts are going to revolutionize the game the same way Walsh and Montana did, and that 49ers fans will die if they go to the game wearing apperal.

Joe DeCamara & Jon Ritchie?

Rarely, and I'm especially not a fan of the Cous. It's so f ing homery, if that's a word. I tend to listen to Skip and Shannon in the morning and Cowherd in the afternoons. I remodel and mostly work alone so the talk shows help move my day along. Used to listen to Stern but not so much anymore.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Most likely true. I still have no desire to take my family to that game. I always go to see the Niners in D.C. but I'm not going to Philly. I love the Niners, but I'm not risking my family safety.
Share 49ersWebzone