LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 228 users in the forums

SF 49ERS at Eagles Pregame Thread - 2022 Season Conference Final

Shop Find 49ers gear online
After all the analysis, bottom line is either team can win by 3 points.
I've waited all week, longest week of my life. So here it is, 9ers win! 31-23. The number analysts keep saying is 70 as in 70 sacks. When you look at closer you will see that 46 came in 6 games and only 24 in 11. Those 6 games were against bad teams with horrible OL's and no running games to neutralize them. So as I have said before, they are good but not as good as the numbers show. Watched a couple of their games and their OL and DL are pretty physical but they aren't ready for what's coming. They haven't faced a team like ours that will not only match but exceed the physicality.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
It's weird that they think it's cool to physically hurt folks or harass them. Lol this is a franchise with very little to no success ever besides one super bowl run. I mean they've had overall success since the 2000s but it's weird that a fan base thinks so highly of themselves when there isn't much to be proud of besides 1 Super Bowl win and getting knocked out of the playoffs regularly.

im curious if Andy Reid feels more like a Chief or an Eagle. I'd imagine chiefs because of how successful he has been there and how much better the fan base/ownership treats him

The true degenerates can't afford to actually go to the game. The Philly people playing that "better not step foot inside the stadium" crap are full of it.

True. Lol tickets price those people out. I always felt like the raiders and niners game in the preseason were dangerous because the tickets were so cheap that any and everyone could go - you usually don't get the best crowd in those situations.

49ers fans: "People get STABBED at our games. We're not trapped in here with you, you're trapped in here with us!"
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by Patton:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Kinlaw blocked a Field Goal in last years eagle/49er game.

I just re-watched the 49ers vs Eagles game last year. The deebo catch and run on that last two minute drive to end the half, he basically YAC'd his way through the Eagles defense. They looked terrible in tackling last year.

Oh we beat them last year too.

Just rewatched the highlights after seeing your post. One thing that stood out is how completely different the current offense is compared to that offense and also, Jalen Hurts was a beast.

I think the current offense is going to prove to be good enough to win the game, but if Hurts makes the same throws and runs as last game, the defense is going to have their hands full.

One other glaring difference was how the offense only dinked & dunked the ball with Jimmy, there wasn't any shots down the field hardly. One major difference that jumps out also is the RBs. CMC has completely changed the offense and with Mitchell & Mason, the running game is much better.

It's going to be a slugfest for sure.

I watched the condensed version of that game last night. One of the biggest things that jumped out at me was how aggressive their d line was playing early on. It seemed they were in the backfield a lot. We started countering that by letting them get by our o lineman and throwing screen passes behind it. It worked really well and helped open the offense up later in the game. The run game wasn't getting much early on but we stuck to it and eventually 1-2 yard gains started turning into 6-7 yard gains late in the game.

In the Dallas game, Kyle did a good job of switching between man and zone blocking. The sole TD was a counter-trey play which is a classic man blocking play. I think in the Eagle gsme, Kyle is going to go zone at first then man. Once Kyle gets those DLinemen to hesitate because they get wrong-footed, he's got them on the run game. He's one of the best run game designers I've ever seen. I love his run blocking - they are so complicated. Sometimes he combines both zone and man blocking schemes in one play.
  • thl408
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Eagles radio guys on 9.57 the game saying Nick Sirianni & Hurts are going to revolutionize the game the same way Walsh and Montana did, and that 49ers fans will die if they go to the game wearing apparel

these idiots are delusional

Conceptually, there is nothing innovative about what PHI does on offense. From my observation, it's Chip Kelly like - except PHI has a dynamic runner at the QB position which makes their zone read potent. And their two top WRs are studs along with a good TE. And they have an awesome OL. Inside zone, some gap runs, zone read, RPOs, Air Raid concepts - these are nothing new. It's the talent they have that makes it good.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by Silky:
Every hour is different for me. One moment i'm feeling confident that we have the better team. The next moment I list all the reasons we'll lose (rookie QB on the biggest NFC stage, away game 3 hour time difference, mobile QB who can throw, etc). We gotta get through this team. Hopefully it's a surprise to all and we beat their a**. I know its just a game but the anxiety mounts with every playoff win

This game will be a tight contest throughout. Anyone thinking otherwise is fooling themselves. This game will ultimately come down to which QB can handle the pressure better and I like our chances with Brock Purdy who has been outstanding in that area for 8 straight games.

Agree 💯%, Brock is playing like a veteran. He doesn't have to shoulder the entire burden. Kyle shoulders the playcalling and Purdy can lean on CMC, Deebo and Elijah by just handing it off to them. All Brock has to do is throw the ball accurately and avoid turning the ball over. Easy peasy.😉
It's weird that they think it's cool to physically hurt folks or harass them. Lol this is a franchise with very little to no success ever besides one super bowl run. I mean they've had overall success since the 2000s but it's weird that a fan base thinks so highly of themselves when there isn't much to be proud of besides 1 Super Bowl win and getting knocked out of the playoffs regularly.

im curious if Andy Reid feels more like a Chief or an Eagle. I'd imagine chiefs because of how successful he has been there and how much better the fan base/ownership treats him

The true degenerates can't afford to actually go to the game. The Philly people playing that "better not step foot inside the stadium" crap are full of it.

True. Lol tickets price those people out. I always felt like the raiders and niners game in the preseason were dangerous because the tickets were so cheap that any and everyone could go - you usually don't get the best crowd in those situations.

49ers fans: "People get STABBED at our games. We're not trapped in here with you, you're trapped in here with us!"
I got a good feeling we're going to see a lot of red. This tailgate crew is expecting to have at least 300 people and most of them from just the Santa Clara/San jose area

[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jan 27, 2023 at 10:06 AM ]
Originally posted by thl408:
Eagles radio guys on 9.57 the game saying Nick Sirianni & Hurts are going to revolutionize the game the same way Walsh and Montana did, and that 49ers fans will die if they go to the game wearing apparel

Conceptually, there is nothing innovative about what PHI does on offense. From my observation, it's Chip Kelly like - except PHI has a dynamic runner at the QB position which makes their zone read potent. And their two top WRs are studs along with a good TE. And they have an awesome OL. Inside zone, some gap runs, zone read, RPOs, Air Raid concepts - these are nothing new. It's the talent they have that makes it good.

What happened to defenders hitting the QB every time he fakes it. That was what teams started doing to Kap. Did rule changes to protect QBs affect this?
Originally posted by Oscar8325:
I've waited all week, longest week of my life. So here it is, 9ers win! 31-23. The number analysts keep saying is 70 as in 70 sacks. When you look at closer you will see that 46 came in 6 games and only 24 in 11. Those 6 games were against bad teams with horrible OL's and no running games to neutralize them. So as I have said before, they are good but not as good as the numbers show. Watched a couple of their games and their OL and DL are pretty physical but they aren't ready for what's coming. They haven't faced a team like ours that will not only match but exceed the physicality.

That's exactly how I feel. It reminds me of when cam Newton won mvp, I thought that was an absolute joke. If you look at his stats that year 75% of his touchdowns came in four games. Which means the rest of the season he averaged 1-1 TD/int ratio. He was good but not mvp worthy, that defense was incredible.
it's why I bet the broncos would win, because I knew Newton stood no chance against an elite defense.

im not saying the eagles aren't a good team, they most definitely are, but I think a lot of people are going to be surprised at how well we do against them. Purdy is going to have four touchdowns (3pass and 1 rush)
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

What happened to defenders hitting the QB every time he fakes it. That was what teams started doing to Kap. Did rule changes to protect QBs affect this?
they did change it, not too long after they did it to Kaep

Welp, here to report that the NFC is ours and the Eagles for the next 30 years. Jerry Jones just said that Mcarthy is going to coach as long as…..wait for it….Tom Laundry😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆. Done deal😆😆😆😆😆
[ Edited by socal1632 on Jan 27, 2023 at 10:14 AM ]
Usually, when the niners lose - I stopped paying attention. I didn't even watch the super bowl last year because I couldn't care less who won.

i used to be a massive fan and watch as many games as possible, but as I got older, I stopped caring. I didn't want to waste so much energy and time on teams/people that couldn't care less about me and I have no control over. So I just enjoy the niners and follow them until they are eliminated.

When the Niners season is over my season is over and I use that time to dig into my own projects
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
starting to get jacked up for this game
looking forward to Mayo's peen report today

It's here. Penis see's it, 27-17, Niners.

Brock Purdy's 3rd leg 2.0 does it again!
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

they did change it, not too long after they did it to Kaep

Got ya that's the weak NFL I have come to expect. Can't wait for more QBs to do fake slides as a juke and the NFL not knowing how to deal with it.
Simms picked against the niners. He actually said Shanahan has to "show" him. Some buddy he is, d******d
Share 49ersWebzone