There are 121 users in the forums

SF 49ERS at Eagles Pregame Thread - 2022 Season Conference Final

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Niners win by 50
  • thl408
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Eagles radio guys on 9.57 the game saying Nick Sirianni & Hurts are going to revolutionize the game the same way Walsh and Montana did, and that 49ers fans will die if they go to the game wearing apparel

these idiots are delusional

Conceptually, there is nothing innovative about what PHI does on offense. From my observation, it's Chip Kelly like - except PHI has a dynamic runner at the QB position which makes their zone read potent. And their two top WRs are studs along with a good TE. And they have an awesome OL. Inside zone, some gap runs, zone read, RPOs, Air Raid concepts - these are nothing new. It's the talent they have that makes it good.

What happened to defenders hitting the QB every time he fakes it. That was what teams started doing to Kap. Did rule changes to protect QBs affect this?

I think part of hitting the QB at the mesh point is being able to get to him in a reasonable amount of time after he hands off to the RB - can't smack the QB late. Offenses also prevent getting their QB hit by having a TE sift across the formation to create interference. PHI interior OL is good so committing to take away the QB keeper means a numbers advantage for the HB dive. If the 49ers want to smack Hurts no matter what, the DTs must have a good game.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Niners win by 50
Originally posted by socal1632:
Welp, here to report that the NFC is ours and the Eagles for the next 30 years. Jerry Jones just said that Mcarthy is going to coach as long as…..wait for it….Tom Laundry😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆. Done deal😆😆😆😆😆

Lmao I'm listening to that literally as I read your comment. Hilarious
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Usually, when the niners lose - I stopped paying attention. I didn't even watch the super bowl last year because I couldn't care less who won.

i used to be a massive fan and watch as many games as possible, but as I got older, I stopped caring. I didn't want to waste so much energy and time on teams/people that couldn't care less about me and I have no control over. So I just enjoy the niners and follow them until they are eliminated.

When the Niners season is over my season is over and I use that time to dig into my own projects

Yes sir. Same here! I don't enjoy watching anyone else win. lol im a sore loser like that but at least I'm aware of it. Hahah
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Niners win by 50

Eagles radio guys on 9.57 the game saying Nick Sirianni & Hurts are going to revolutionize the game the same way Walsh and Montana did, and that 49ers fans will die if they go to the game wearing apparel

Do you have a link to this? I listen to 94.1 here in Philly and no radio guys would ever say either of those things. Seems a bit of hyperbole on your part, but if you can prove it I'm happy to eat crow. But I seriously doubt they said the words that "Sirianni & Hurts are going to revolutionize the game the same way Walsh and Montana did" or that you will "die if they go to the game wearing apparel."
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Usually, when the niners lose - I stopped paying attention. I didn't even watch the super bowl last year because I couldn't care less who won.

i used to be a massive fan and watch as many games as possible, but as I got older, I stopped caring. I didn't want to waste so much energy and time on teams/people that couldn't care less about me and I have no control over. So I just enjoy the niners and follow them until they are eliminated.

When the Niners season is over my season is over and I use that time to dig into my own projects

Yes sir. Same here! I don't enjoy watching anyone else win. lol im a sore loser like that but at least I'm aware of it. Hahah

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. Let me give you all some good news then: Yesterday I found out that I'll be scheduled to work on the Super Bowl. That means that we'll 100% be playing in it and I'm going to have to miss it.
Originally posted by Oscar8325:
I've waited all week, longest week of my life. So here it is, 9ers win! 31-23. The number analysts keep saying is 70 as in 70 sacks. When you look at closer you will see that 46 came in 6 games and only 24 in 11. Those 6 games were against bad teams with horrible OL's and no running games to neutralize them. So as I have said before, they are good but not as good as the numbers show. Watched a couple of their games and their OL and DL are pretty physical but they aren't ready for what's coming. They haven't faced a team like ours that will not only match but exceed the physicality.

That's exactly how I feel. It reminds me of when cam Newton won mvp, I thought that was an absolute joke. If you look at his stats that year 75% of his touchdowns came in four games. Which means the rest of the season he averaged 1-1 TD/int ratio. He was good but not mvp worthy, that defense was incredible.
it's why I bet the broncos would win, because I knew Newton stood no chance against an elite defense.

im not saying the eagles aren't a good team, they most definitely are, but I think a lot of people are going to be surprised at how well we do against them. Purdy is going to have four touchdowns (3pass and 1 rush)

I'm bumping this post so others don't miss Oscars sack breakdowns. That's important to understand for this matchup.

• thl408
I've waited all week, longest week of my life. So here it is, 9ers win! 31-23. The number analysts keep saying is 70 as in 70 sacks. When you look at closer you will see that 46 came in 6 games and only 24 in 11. Those 6 games were against bad teams with horrible OL's and no running games to neutralize them. So as I have said before, they are good but not as good as the numbers show. Watched a couple of their games and their OL and DL are pretty physical but they aren't ready for what's coming. They haven't faced a team like ours that will not only match but exceed the physicality.

That's exactly how I feel. It reminds me of when cam Newton won mvp, I thought that was an absolute joke. If you look at his stats that year 75% of his touchdowns came in four games. Which means the rest of the season he averaged 1-1 TD/int ratio. He was good but not mvp worthy, that defense was incredible.
it's why I bet the broncos would win, because I knew Newton stood no chance against an elite defense.

im not saying the eagles aren't a good team, they most definitely are, but I think a lot of people are going to be surprised at how well we do against them. Purdy is going to have four touchdowns (3pass and 1 rush)

I'm bumping this post so others don't miss Oscars sack breakdowns. That's important to understand for this matchup.

I posted this in the stats thread, it should also be attached to this exchange:
PHI got sacks in bunches versus some meh QBs.

Carson Wentz 9 sacks (in one game)
Kenny Pickett 6 sacks
Ryan Tannyhill 6 sacks
DJones/Tyrod Taylor 7 sacks combined
Justin Fields 6 sacks
Dak Prescott 6 sacks
Saints 7 sacks (Dalton 6/Taysom 1)
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Agree 💯%, if Oscar's analysis is correct, it makes me feel a ton better going into the game. I watched last years Eagle/49er game and I didn't see a '85 Bears type level of pressures or sacks. So my gut says Oscar is on the money.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Agree 💯%, if Oscar's analysis is correct, it makes me feel a ton better going into the game. I watched last years Eagle/49er game and I didn't see a '85 Bears type level of pressures or sacks. So my gut says Oscar is on the money.

Eagles D this years is incomparable to last years. Feel free to watch last year's tape as much as you want. It's not a comp.

Niners win by 50

The only one who likes this is Carson Daly circa 2000
Originally posted by Youngbuck17:

Do you have a link to this? I listen to 94.1 here in Philly and no radio guys would ever say either of those things. Seems a bit of hyperbole on your part, but if you can prove it I'm happy to eat crow. But I seriously doubt they said the words that "Sirianni & Hurts are going to revolutionize the game the same way Walsh and Montana did" or that you will "die if they go to the game wearing apparel."

it doesn't start getting heated until around the 13/ 14 minute mark
Share 49ersWebzone