LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 276 users in the forums

SF 49ERS at Eagles Pregame Thread - 2022 Season Conference Final

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Youngbuck17:
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:

it doesn't start getting heated until around the 13/ 14 minute mark

So while they brought up Montana and Walsh, the hosts were arguing that like that, Hurts and Sirianni are ahead of the curve with regards to what they think is the future of QB play in the league (i.e. - a mobile QB being a necessity but who can also throw well, vs a Montana - who wasn't a statue - utilizing the WCO). In no way were they saying that Hurts is equal to Montana or Sirianni to Walsh. The SF hosts even tried to put words in their mouth saying I can't believe "that Sirianni is better than Walsh." Immediately the Philly host pipes up and said, "I didn't say he was better than Walsh," and then goes on to explain himself yet again. Either the SF hosts are too dense to understand or they are purposely trying to fire things up for radio. I tend to think the latter for the same reason you even mentioned this on this board. People like to get fired up about the other side, even if it takes hyperbole.

I'll also say that Joe DeCamara, the one Philly host, is an idiot. Always has been. I actively skip his show because his takes are terrible. Says things just to get a reaction, as perviously mentioned.

Thank you for posting the clip!

The host from Philly is also an idiot talking about Walsh and Montana and comparing it to what Philly is currently doing.

they don't have some new offense that the league has no clue about lol. It's RPOs and read options. It's every college football game on Saturday lol.

Damn near ever single NFL offense with a QB that's somewhat athletic run the same s**t.

it has nothing to do with their HC being some offensive savant…and everything to do with Howie building a great roster (with a ton of FA next yr) and the fact that Hurts is damn good at running read options. It's nothing unique though.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 27, 2023 at 11:23 AM ]
  • thl408
What's the better matchup, Juice on the field with PHI's 3rd LB? Or Jennings on the field vs PHI's slot CB?
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Originally posted by PA49ersfan:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
My final thoughts on this game. Like every other Niner fan I want to wiin this game in a big way. However I have some real concerns.

Number one is the line matchups. Both teams have good O lines and D lines but Philly's O line is exceptional. I think they're going to be able to nullify the Niners pass rush enough to give Hurts time to hit one of those fast receivers for a couple of big gains. Maybe long TDs. The Niners DBs have shown that they have a problem losing coverage on long passes. I'm also concerned about Hurts taking off and running sinc ethat's something that's been an issue with this team.

On the other side the Niners O line is good but other than Williams it's not as good as Philly's. The Eagles have a huge front line and I'm worried that they'll put so much pressure on Purdy that he won't have time to do much. He's may be running for his life much of the day. I also think they're capable of stuffing the run.

I give the Niners the coaching edge but the Eagles got 2 extra days to prep and rest. That could be a difference maker for 2 teams so evenly matched. The Niners had a tough time last week against the Cowboys at home. The Eagles are a similar team but better at every position other than RB. Plus they hav ethe home team advantage.

I think it comes down to who can play the cleanest game. (fewest penalties and turnovers) Big news flash right. That's usually the case but even more so when 2 teams are this evenly matched. All things considered I have to pick the Eagles. I'm not into predicting scores but I say they win by 7 points or more.

Sorry but I'm just not getting good vibes on this game. The Niners had a nice run winning 12 straight and Purdy has played far better than any of us would have predicted. I just think it comes to an end this week.

Exactly how I feel. Glad you took the time to write it. But anything is possible.

Sorry you guys feel this way. I have good vibes about our chances and think we will come out on top. We'll see on Sunday, enjoy everyone

All the concerns are very legit. It starts in the trenches and usually ends there too. Objectively, they are better but that doesn't guarantee anything on game day. The gap isn't super significant so it's very possible our OL/DL out perform them on Sunday. And if that happens, I like our odds after that.

Or both teams can even each other out and an X-factor such as Jennings could end up being the difference. Or a kickoff return for a TD by Ray-Ray McCloud.

We could get attacked deep and with a running QB and get down big early and it's just too much to overcome in the end too. LOL

That's why they play the game!

I'm just as concerned as the WZ crashing. LOL
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 27, 2023 at 11:24 AM ]
Originally posted by thl408:
What's the better matchup, Juice on the field with PHI's 3rd LB? Or Jennings on the field vs PHI's slot CB?

That is a tough one.

Kittle vs any of their LBers/S
I truly believe all of our players will show up this week.

I expect Deebo to have a big game…..

This Game is too close to call just don't overlook our talent or our depth….We can and will make plays on both sides of the ball.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Bosa vs a Grizzly bear
BCB has played in bigger stadiums with arguably louder crowds. He will be fine come Sunday.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Bosa vs a Grizzly bear

Let's gooo!
My formula has us winning and the bengals winning. The formula is 9-1 in straight up picks. 6-0 in the WC round and 3-1 in the DP round. But I was 4-0 against the spread last weekend.

Originally posted by Youngbuck17:
Eagles radio guys on 9.57 the game saying Nick Sirianni & Hurts are going to revolutionize the game the same way Walsh and Montana did, and that 49ers fans will die if they go to the game wearing apparel

these idiots are delusional

Do you have a link to this? I listen to 94.1 here in Philly and no radio guys would ever say either of those things. Seems a bit of hyperbole on your part, but if you can prove it I'm happy to eat crow. But I seriously doubt they said the words that "Sirianni & Hurts are going to revolutionize the game the same way Walsh and Montana did" or that you will "die if they go to the game wearing apparel."

it doesn't start getting heated until around the 13/ 14 minute mark

Lol niner fans will die…clearly he's never been to some old school Niner vs Oakland games. Ain't nobody scared of a bunch of drunk philly fans full of cheesesteaks. GTFOer with that nonsense.
Hearing that someone messed with the Rocky statue so now eagles fans are calling this game a blowout by the eagles .

Depends on situation. 3rd and Juan would want Jennings, inside the 10 yard line Juice in the flat for 6 points
Originally posted by YACBros85:
My formula has us winning and the bengals winning. The formula is 9-1 in straight up picks. 6-0 in the WC round and 3-1 in the DP round. But I was 4-0 against the spread last weekend.

Mind sharing your forumula?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
The latest trend is that the Eagles are going to blowout the Niners.
Share 49ersWebzone