LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 251 users in the forums

SF 49ERS at Eagles Pregame Thread - 2022 Season Conference Final

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
My formula has us winning and the bengals winning. The formula is 9-1 in straight up picks. 6-0 in the WC round and 3-1 in the DP round. But I was 4-0 against the spread last weekend.

Mind sharing your forumula?

I don't mind.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Patton:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
I watched the condensed version of that game last night. One of the biggest things that jumped out at me was how aggressive their d line was playing early on. It seemed they were in the backfield a lot. We started countering that by letting them get by our o lineman and throwing screen passes behind it. It worked really well and helped open the offense up later in the game. The run game wasn't getting much early on but we stuck to it and eventually 1-2 yard gains started turning into 6-7 yard gains late in the game.

I'd like to see Mason get some carries. We need to wear them down early, then let Brock find those seam passes down the field.

One thing for certain, no costly mistakes!! Can't give them anything, at the same time we have to force them into mistakes.

One other thing, last time they played it was only Demeco's 2nd game as DC, I think he's come a long way since then.

The problem with playing Mason is that it makes our play calling a lot more predictable - that's probably why he doesn't play much until the end

I get it and someone countered me with that point when I asked for more Mason. While it does telegraph what we will do, Mason still gets yards. I get why CMC is out there most of the time, but if our O-line guys start blowing Phillys D-line off the ball in the run game, I want to see more Mason and Mitchell.
Originally posted by mayo49:
The latest trend is that the Eagles are going to blowout the Niners.

Love it, we do well every time we're the underdog.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:

Yeah, the penis see's it 27-17, Niners. I'm believing that, than a Philly blowout.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 27, 2023 at 11:58 AM ]
Hell yea f**k Philly and their stupid ass statue. Also the Niners did this last year as well
[ Edited by ninerfan4life on Jan 27, 2023 at 11:55 AM ]
  • thl408
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Hell yea f**k Philly and their stupid ass statue. Also the Niners did this last year as well

I would have preferred a Rambo statue. I guess it's not too late, just put a sleeveless shirt and some pants on.
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:

Yep, all the pundits are coming down on the side of the Eaglets. Massive disrespect. Players like Kitlle and Bosa feed on that stuff. Most of the disrespect is aimed squarely at Purdy. My bet is the kid is just loving this.

I think the game comes down to experience. Who has been there. Who hasn't. This is the third trip to the NFC Championship game in four years for the 49ers. They've tasted victory. They've tasted defeat. The 49ers will be far more comfortable in this playoff setting than the Eaglets.

And after we win on Sunday, the next latest trend is that the Chiefs/Bengals are going to blow us out.
I usually love the week before these games because at least SOME of the shows are unbiased and at least show us having a chance. Guess I'll just have to wait until next week when they're all talking about how Philly lost it rather than how we won.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5Jan2003:

And after we win on Sunday, the next latest trend is that the Chiefs/Bengals are going to blow us out.

Who cares what people think is going to happen. Let the process play itself out.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 27, 2023 at 12:11 PM ]

I like how everyone picking eagles cause their record yet they haven't played nobody all year long, and then the saints punched in the mouth in their turf, we beat the saints, I think eagles are in for a rude awakening
[ Edited by PRIMETIME21 on Jan 27, 2023 at 12:05 PM ]
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
I usually love the week before these games because at least SOME of the shows are unbiased and at least show us having a chance. Guess I'll just have to wait until next week when they're all talking about how Philly lost it rather than how we won.

It is possible that the unbiased opinion is that the Eagles will win. They won their game convincingly while we had a fight with the Cowboys. I personally think this will be another fight and having experience with that kinda game will help us. But from a casual looking at the overview I can't blame them for taking the Eagles. But honestly it will just make winning feel even better if we pull it off.
hope he's going to hold court at the Linc, JR is the 9er mascot

Lol they really do idolize that thing lol I don't understand 🙃 😏 🤭
Originally posted by EaglesFanPhila:

Minnesota fans did the same thing, and how did that work out for them. Big mistake. And as you see, the 49ers fan did that late at night. He would have been destroyed if Eagles fans had rode by and saw them doing that. Big mistake 9ers fans. Big mistake. There will be no mercy on 9ers and their fans on Sunday.

Lol we did this s**t last year too. How did that turn out for you guys?
Share 49ersWebzone