LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 316 users in the forums

SF 49ERS at Eagles Pregame Thread - 2022 Season Conference Final

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Oscar8325:
I've waited all week, longest week of my life. So here it is, 9ers win! 31-23. The number analysts keep saying is 70 as in 70 sacks. When you look at closer you will see that 46 came in 6 games and only 24 in 11. Those 6 games were against bad teams with horrible OL's and no running games to neutralize them. So as I have said before, they are good but not as good as the numbers show. Watched a couple of their games and their OL and DL are pretty physical but they aren't ready for what's coming. They haven't faced a team like ours that will not only match but exceed the physicality.

That's exactly how I feel. It reminds me of when cam Newton won mvp, I thought that was an absolute joke. If you look at his stats that year 75% of his touchdowns came in four games. Which means the rest of the season he averaged 1-1 TD/int ratio. He was good but not mvp worthy, that defense was incredible.
it's why I bet the broncos would win, because I knew Newton stood no chance against an elite defense.

im not saying the eagles aren't a good team, they most definitely are, but I think a lot of people are going to be surprised at how well we do against them. Purdy is going to have four touchdowns (3pass and 1 rush)

I'm bumping this post so others don't miss Oscars sack breakdowns. That's important to understand for this matchup.

Agree 💯%, if Oscar's analysis is correct, it makes me feel a ton better going into the game. I watched last years Eagle/49er game and I didn't see a '85 Bears type level of pressures or sacks. So my gut says Oscar is on the money.

Thank you! I couldn't believe the 70 sacks so I had to research and found what I posted. I think our OL will be just fine.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'm fairly confident in the game, but I'm still stressing our secondary may get burned if they lay off too much on their receivers.
Originally posted by Rocket4989:

How eagles fans been all week talking about the 49ers

Originally posted by JTB1974:
Yeah, we've both had some luck schedule wise - it's a big reason why we are so healthy this post season relative to previous years.

i don't think the eagles can match our physicality all game. Especially their secondary

There was only like 6 good teams in the league this season, So all of them had a weak schedule. So many teams that were expected to be good turned out to be horrible. Going into the season we had like the 5th hardest schedule and at the end it was like dead last.

That is true - it seemed like there were a lot more mediocre teams than usually this season. Might partially be because of injuries (like 70qbs played this year).

fortunatly - the only backup who's been any good is our rook 😈😈

Several teams flopped this year for one reason or another. The AFC West was supposed to be really strong but Wilson fizzled in Denver and the Raiders didn't take that giant leap. Carr had one of his worst years even though he got his old buddy at receiver. The Chargers improved but lost their 2 best receivers for much of the season. The NFC West wasn't as strong either because the Rams were decimated with injuries and were absolutely horrible. Seattle was a surprise but they still have a lot of holes.
  • thl408
Originally posted by cortana49:
Originally posted by Rocket4989:

How eagles fans been all week talking about the 49ers

oh s**t it's that hooked on phonics cheer! E!A!G!U!L!L!S! EGULLS!
The disrespect is REAL!
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
hope he's going to hold court at the Linc, JR is the 9er mascot

He's the heart and soul of the Niners.
I say we wear them the hell out, grind & pound em hard.
Originally posted by Cville4137:
Originally posted by 5Jan2003:
So, Hurts against the Giants last week had 9 rushes for 34 yards and a touchdown, & passing he was 16 of 24 for 154 yards and 2 touchdowns?
Against the Giants D.

I mean that's an adequate stat sheet managing the offense of a stacked team against an utterly underwhelming opponent, but I fail to see how that signifies an unstoppable force.

I think our D has the answer to keep him stuffed in a phone booth without his cape.

His stat line was that because the Eagles ran for like 234 rushing from their RBs. Hurts didn't need to do much last week because the Eagles dominated the line of scrimmage.

So a last minute change for the Eagles that will help on their defensive side. Avonte Maddox was a full participate at practice today. He's one of the best slot corners in the league. This allows the Eagles to move CJ Gardner Johnson back to safety and Reed Blankenship will now be back to his backup role.

Running backs got 234 yards!!!
Lol the Giants were more hideous than I imagined.
That's 2.5 games against the 49ers rushing defense.
Good luck with that.
I hear about all the talk about Brock and the offense, honestly, what I'm worried about is the defense. I think they're offense is more physical than our defense is, plus Hurts is a running QB to boot. I could see them wearing down the defense, then playaction pass deep to AJ Johnson. Then we'd have to rely on a rookie QB to keep up, that's what I'm worried. I need somebody to tell me why I'm wrong.

Originally posted by Scooper1:
He is a 6th round pick with years left on his contract. He costs nothing there is zero chance we get rid of him. Where do some of these posts even come from. Good lord.

That was a stupid post
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
hope he's going to hold court at the Linc, JR is the 9er mascot

He's the heart and soul of the Niners.

Here's some ole nostalgia to hype it up!

Originally posted by goldlame2013:
I hear about all the talk about Brock and the offense, honestly, what I'm worried about is the defense. I think they're offense is more physical than our defense is, plus Hurts is a running QB to boot. I could see them wearing down the defense, then playaction pass deep to AJ Johnson. Then we'd have to rely on a rookie QB to keep up, that's what I'm worried. I need somebody to tell me why I'm wrong.

AJ Johnson is unstoppable so we're definitely in trouble…
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
Originally posted by goldlame2013:

AJ Johnson is unstoppable so we're definitely in trouble…

🤣
The Dolphins were the hottest team on the planet when we played them. How quickly we forget. McDaniels was the real genius. How were we going to stop Tua and the two speed demons in Waddle and Tyreek Hill?

We dismantled that team and single handedly destroyed their season. They weren't the same since. But in reality, we didn't really do anything to them. The only thing that changed was the perception surrounding the team. Everyone thought Miami was unstoppable because they hadn't played the Niners yet.

Philly hasn't played the Niners yet.
Share 49ersWebzone