LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 252 users in the forums

SF 49ERS at Eagles Pregame Thread - 2022 Season Conference Final

Shop Find 49ers gear online
good collab!

I really appreciate Matt Maiocco's objective analysis

Pat McAfee believes in us!

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
My final thoughts on this game. Like every other Niner fan I want to wiin this game in a big way. However I have some real concerns.

Number one is the line matchups. Both teams have good O lines and D lines but Philly's O line is exceptional. I think they're going to be able to nullify the Niners pass rush enough to give Hurts time to hit one of those fast receivers for a couple of big gains. Maybe long TDs. The Niners DBs have shown that they have a problem losing coverage on long passes. I'm also concerned about Hurts taking off and running sinc ethat's something that's been an issue with this team.

On the other side the Niners O line is good but other than Williams it's not as good as Philly's. The Eagles have a huge front line and I'm worried that they'll put so much pressure on Purdy that he won't have time to do much. He's may be running for his life much of the day. I also think they're capable of stuffing the run.

I give the Niners the coaching edge but the Eagles got 2 extra days to prep and rest. That could be a difference maker for 2 teams so evenly matched. The Niners had a tough time last week against the Cowboys at home. The Eagles are a similar team but better at every position other than RB. Plus they hav ethe home team advantage.

I think it comes down to who can play the cleanest game. (fewest penalties and turnovers) Big news flash right. That's usually the case but even more so when 2 teams are this evenly matched. All things considered I have to pick the Eagles. I'm not into predicting scores but I say they win by 7 points or more.

Sorry but I'm just not getting good vibes on this game. The Niners had a nice run winning 12 straight and Purdy has played far better than any of us would have predicted. I just think it comes to an end this week.

We have The advantage, don't buy into that media nonsense. If the Eagles are a better team, why does their play fall off when they were missing their qb? We have The better team, if you put the eagles on their third qb, they'd fold like a cheap lawn chair. It's possible that they could win, but its far from a forgone conclusion. Their "superstar" qb has a history of choking in big games.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Just to repeat, the penis see's it - 27-17, Niners.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
hope he's going to hold court at the Linc, JR is the 9er mascot

He's the heart and soul of the Niners.

I love how much he loves the niners. It's so much cooler for fans to see the teams greatest players being a fan and still supporting the team.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Out of curiosity, what did it see last week?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YACBros85:

42-17, Niners.

Does in here have a secret scrotum that can add some
More tingle here??

42-17, Niners.

Damn. That is a 25 point differential. I say it will be closer than a 10 point game and so does vegas.
Edit- Oh I see there is a thread about stopping Jalen Hurts.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Jan 27, 2023 at 2:06 PM ]

Yeah those eagles are really underdogs

• mayo49
  • Veteran

42-17, Niners.

Damn. That is a 25 point differential. I say it will be closer than a 10 point game and so does vegas.

That was his Cowboys game prediction.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 27, 2023 at 2:07 PM ]
Originally posted by EaglesFanPhila:
Minnesota fans did the same thing, and how did that work out for them. Big mistake. And as you see, the 49ers fan did that late at night. He would have been destroyed if Eagles fans had rode by and saw them doing that. Big mistake 9ers fans. Big mistake. There will be no mercy on 9ers and their fans on Sunday.

I'd be willing to bet your dumbf**k coach did it trying to manufacture some outrage. That's just about that meat head's speed.
[ Edited by Memphis9er on Jan 27, 2023 at 2:07 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
How are we going to spy Hurts? Cross Posting from the 3-4 thread.. but I do like this approach of having the defender who is stunting inside instead keeps an eye on Jalen and beats him to the outside if need be.

this is how it is done, the interior pushes but under control ready to slide off their blocker once he climbs the pocket or flushes outside
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
It´s a Jordan Mason game IMHO. The run game needs to be good from start to finish. Mason has the power to break the wall. It´s gonna be a tough battle.
Share 49ersWebzone