49ers rookie Ricky Pearsall will make NFL debut vs. Chiefs →

There are 160 users in the forums

SF 49ERS at Eagles Pregame Thread - 2022 Season Conference Final

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Baldie:
Was listening to 95.7 earlier and they were saying it was reported that Philly didn't even practice much this week with the feeling that Philly probably thinks this game is a cake walk. They already got post game plans to see a concert as a team, etc. It feels like they already know their going to Glendale.

I so hope we beat these b*****ds.

I think that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Not you Baldie. Just what that radio station said. How are you going to think the #1 defense will be a cakewalk? How do you think CMC, Deebo, Kittle, Aiyuk, solid Oline, juice, and even an efficient Purdy will be a cakewalk. How would you not practice hard before the NFCCG regardless of the opponent. That's just 100% some dudes random thoughts
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
My formula has us winning and the bengals winning. The formula is 9-1 in straight up picks. 6-0 in the WC round and 3-1 in the DP round. But I was 4-0 against the spread last weekend.

Share the formula!!! I'm a probability junky

DM

I have on here a few times already.

I look at pressure efficiency stats for both defense and QB. For defense, the pressure stats are pressure rate, TTT under pressure and passer rating. For QB's its big time play percentage, turnover worthy play percentage and passer rating. How quickly and how often a defense can apply pressure is one of the biggest influences on a football game. How well QB's handle that pressure is just as important.

I began by using only pressure stats for games against other playoff teams during the season. I add on the stats each week during the playoffs to adjust for most recent performance.

For offense
BTP%- TD%+1stD%.
TWP%- how often a QB puts the ball in harms way.

For defense
Pressure rate- the number of pressures divided by dropbacks.
TTT- time to throw before pressured (PFF exclusive).

Example from last week.

CIN vs BUF

Joe Burrow had a lower TWP% and a higher passer rating than Josh Allen. Allen had a higher BTP%. So Joe Burrow got 2 points and Josh Allen got 1 point.

CIN's defense had a higher pressure rate and a lower passer rating than BUF's defense. BUF had a lower TTT than CIN. So CIN's defense received 2 points and BUF's defense received 1 point.

CIN beats BUF 4-2 in those 6 pressure categories.

The only pickem loss for this formula was that it had JAX over KC. Believe me, I was reluctant at first but the spread was +8.5 for JAX. So I took that bet.
Get ready for a lot of Kevin Hart this weekend. He's a huge eagles fan. He got hammered at their Superbowl and tried to walk on the stage with the team and hold the trophy lmao. He does make me laugh
My formula has us winning and the bengals winning. The formula is 9-1 in straight up picks. 6-0 in the WC round and 3-1 in the DP round. But I was 4-0 against the spread last weekend.

DM

I look at pressure efficiency stats for both defense and QB. For defense, the pressure stats are pressure rate, TTT under pressure and passer rating. For QB's its big time play percentage, turnover worthy play percentage and passer rating. How quickly and how often a defense can apply pressure is one of the biggest influences on a football game. How well QB's handle that pressure is just as important.

I began by using only pressure stats for games against other playoff teams during the season. I add on the stats each week during the playoffs to adjust for most recent performance.

For offense
BTP%- TD%+1stD%.

For defense

Example from last week.

CIN vs BUF

Joe Burrow had a lower TWP% and a higher passer rating than Josh Allen. Allen had a higher BTP%. So Joe Burrow got 2 points and Josh Allen got 1 point.

CIN's defense had a higher pressure rate and a lower passer rating than BUF's defense. BUF had a lower TTT than CIN. So CIN's defense received 2 points and BUF's defense received 1 point.

The only pickem loss for this formula was that it had JAX over KC. Believe me, I was reluctant at first but the spread was +8.5 for JAX. So I took that bet.
i may have missed it, but what's your numbers say for this weekend ?
Originally posted by Silky:
I think that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Not you Baldie. Just what that radio station said. How are you going to think the #1 defense will be a cakewalk? How do you think CMC, Deebo, Kittle, Aiyuk, solid Oline, juice, and even an efficient Purdy will be a cakewalk. How would you not practice hard before the NFCCG regardless of the opponent. That's just 100% some dudes random thoughts

This is stupid and not true. Eagles been practicing all week. Nobody is going to take a Championship game lightly. These are 2 of the best rosters in football. Eagles know that. Nobody thinks it's a cake walk.
[ Edited by Eaglesfan32 on Jan 27, 2023 at 4:33 PM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

DM

For offense
BTP%- TD%+1stD%.

For defense

Example from last week.

CIN vs BUF

Joe Burrow beats Patrick Mahomes in all 3 categories and CIN's defense has a higher pressure rate, and a lower passer rating. So CIN beats KC 5-1.
Originally posted by Eaglesfan32:

This is stupid and not true. Eagles been practicing all week. Nobody is going to take a Championship game lightly. These are 2 of the best rosters in football. Eagles know that. Nobody thinks it's a cake walk.

🤣 Why people keep falling for clickbait media bs is beyond me.

DM

For offense
BTP%- TD%+1stD%.

For defense

Example from last week.

CIN vs BUF

Joe Burrow beats Patrick Mahomes in all 3 categories and CIN's defense has a higher pressure rate, and a lower passer rating. So CIN beats KC 5-1.
and the other game ?

DM

For offense
BTP%- TD%+1stD%.

For defense

Example from last week.

CIN vs BUF

and the other game ?

I figured I would try to build some suspense.

Brock Purdy beats Jalen Hurts in all 3 pressure categories. Eagles defense has a higher pressure rate, a lower TTT but 49ers defense has a lower passer rating. So 49ers beat eagles 4-2.

The NFL on YouTube is going to block this, but here's a nice Week 10 reminder that Eagles fans do not like to see. The Eagles, undefeated and at home against Washington, get walloped by the Commanders.

Lesson? The Eagles are beatable. Even with a healthy Jalen Hurts.

Originally posted by Youngbuck17:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Lane is a RT. If he was truly elite he'd be a LT. Remember when Joe Staley said he'd rather retire than take a demotion to RT? Thats the hierarchy in the NFL. He's arguably the best RT in football, but theres a difference.

He's a RT because when he came to the Eagles future 1st ballot hall of famer Jason Peters was at LT, and was there until just recently. Johnson is an absolute beast. Bosa is lucky he's got a serious injury. You don't go two years without giving up a sack by accident.

lol Lane Johnson would have given up sacks in the last 2 years if he was constantly facing off against teams' best pass rushers, who are usually on the LT side.

Bosa is the best pass rusher in the league. He doesn't need luck or injury to beat anybody.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Was listening to 95.7 earlier and they were saying it was reported that Philly didn't even practice much this week with the feeling that Philly probably thinks this game is a cake walk. They already got post game plans to see a concert as a team, etc. It feels like they already know their going to Glendale.

Yup, it's cap they want to win just as much as we do and they aren't taking it lightly

This is the best news I heard all week if true. I'm confident enough to say 49ers will blow out the Eagles if they're taking them lightly to the point of not practicing and already punching in their ticket to Glendale
[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Jan 27, 2023 at 5:03 PM ]

DM

For offense
BTP%- TD%+1stD%.

For defense

Example from last week.

CIN vs BUF

and the other game ?

I figured I would try to build some suspense.

Brock Purdy beats Jalen Hurts in all 3 pressure categories. Eagles defense has a higher pressure rate, a lower TTT but 49ers defense has a lower passer rating. So 49ers beat eagles 4-2.
i hope you're not just trying to sweet talk us
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jan 27, 2023 at 7:47 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone