Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by Shorteous:
My formula has us winning and the bengals winning. The formula is 9-1 in straight up picks. 6-0 in the WC round and 3-1 in the DP round. But I was 4-0 against the spread last weekend.

Share the formula!!! I'm a probability junky

DM

I have on here a few times already.

I look at pressure efficiency stats for both defense and QB. For defense, the pressure stats are pressure rate, TTT under pressure and passer rating. For QB's its big time play percentage, turnover worthy play percentage and passer rating. How quickly and how often a defense can apply pressure is one of the biggest influences on a football game. How well QB's handle that pressure is just as important.

I began by using only pressure stats for games against other playoff teams during the season. I add on the stats each week during the playoffs to adjust for most recent performance.

For offense
BTP%- TD%+1stD%.
TWP%- how often a QB puts the ball in harms way.

For defense
Pressure rate- the number of pressures divided by dropbacks.
TTT- time to throw before pressured (PFF exclusive).

Example from last week.

CIN vs BUF

Joe Burrow had a lower TWP% and a higher passer rating than Josh Allen. Allen had a higher BTP%. So Joe Burrow got 2 points and Josh Allen got 1 point.

CIN's defense had a higher pressure rate and a lower passer rating than BUF's defense. BUF had a lower TTT than CIN. So CIN's defense received 2 points and BUF's defense received 1 point.

CIN beats BUF 4-2 in those 6 pressure categories.

The only pickem loss for this formula was that it had JAX over KC. Believe me, I was reluctant at first but the spread was +8.5 for JAX. So I took that bet.
i may have missed it, but what's your numbers say for this weekend ?

Joe Burrow beats Patrick Mahomes in all 3 categories and CIN's defense has a higher pressure rate, and a lower passer rating. So CIN beats KC 5-1.
and the other game ?

I figured I would try to build some suspense.

Brock Purdy beats Jalen Hurts in all 3 pressure categories. Eagles defense has a higher pressure rate, a lower TTT but 49ers defense has a lower passer rating. So 49ers beat eagles 4-2.
i hope your not just trying to sweet talk us

Very interesting formula. Thanks for sharing that. I was already thinking 49ers vs bengals but that's a cool way to look at it.
Seems like a large majority of the national media is picking PHI.

There's a reason no rookie has won this game, this is what a FQB does.

What the talking heads don't really discuss is Hurts has one bad game and one good game in the playoffs.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Seems like a large majority of the national media is picking PHI.

There's a reason no rookie has won this game, this is what a FQB does.

What the talking heads don't really discuss is Hurts has one bad game and one good game in the playoffs.

He had a really bad game last year. When he has been challenged this year, he hasn't been great. I think our defense is going to be more than they expect, he also has a bum shoulder - so he will play skiddish because he knows our guys are violent and he doesn't want to get further injured.

idk why not a single person in the media isn't talking about that because he had a decent game against an average team last week.

Brock Purdy beats Jalen Hurts in all 3 pressure categories. Eagles defense has a higher pressure rate, a lower TTT but 49ers defense has a lower passer rating. So 49ers beat eagles 4-2.
Like it, sounds good to me!!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I just want to win already enough of this b******t talk!!!'

Everbody taking the Eagles, so many reasons to take them too. But f**k that I just wanna see the 9ers not onlt win this game but punch these muther f**kers right in their grill!!!
Originally posted by Eaglesfan32:
Originally posted by Silky:
I think that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Not you Baldie. Just what that radio station said. How are you going to think the #1 defense will be a cakewalk? How do you think CMC, Deebo, Kittle, Aiyuk, solid Oline, juice, and even an efficient Purdy will be a cakewalk. How would you not practice hard before the NFCCG regardless of the opponent. That's just 100% some dudes random thoughts

This is stupid and not true. Eagles been practicing all week. Nobody is going to take a Championship game lightly. These are 2 of the best rosters in football. Eagles know that. Nobody thinks it's a cake walk.
At least it's the early game. I'll either watch intently for the second game or not waste my time.
Originally posted by JMC52:
Originally posted by Silky:
Originally posted by Baldie:
Was listening to 95.7 earlier and they were saying it was reported that Philly didn't even practice much this week with the feeling that Philly probably thinks this game is a cake walk. They already got post game plans to see a concert as a team, etc. It feels like they already know their going to Glendale.

I so hope we beat these b*****ds.

I think that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Not you Baldie. Just what that radio station said. How are you going to think the #1 defense will be a cakewalk? How do you think CMC, Deebo, Kittle, Aiyuk, solid Oline, juice, and even an efficient Purdy will be a cakewalk. How would you not practice hard before the NFCCG regardless of the opponent. That's just 100% some dudes random thoughts

Yup, it's cap they want to win just as much as we do and they aren't taking it lightly

Also remember when we scheduled lil Wayne for the Superbowl after-party? It still happened! Nothing makes sense

Our formula is this....we go out....and we HIT EM IN DA MOUTH! And then we BLUDGEON BLUDGEON BLUDGEON because who's got it better than us!? NOOOOBODY!!!

[ Edited by D0PEMAN on Jan 27, 2023 at 5:26 PM ]
Originally posted by Shorteous:
My formula has us winning and the bengals winning. The formula is 9-1 in straight up picks. 6-0 in the WC round and 3-1 in the DP round. But I was 4-0 against the spread last weekend.

Share the formula!!! I'm a probability junky

DM

I have on here a few times already.

I look at pressure efficiency stats for both defense and QB. For defense, the pressure stats are pressure rate, TTT under pressure and passer rating. For QB's its big time play percentage, turnover worthy play percentage and passer rating. How quickly and how often a defense can apply pressure is one of the biggest influences on a football game. How well QB's handle that pressure is just as important.

I began by using only pressure stats for games against other playoff teams during the season. I add on the stats each week during the playoffs to adjust for most recent performance.

For offense
BTP%- TD%+1stD%.
TWP%- how often a QB puts the ball in harms way.

For defense
Pressure rate- the number of pressures divided by dropbacks.
TTT- time to throw before pressured (PFF exclusive).

Example from last week.

CIN vs BUF

Joe Burrow had a lower TWP% and a higher passer rating than Josh Allen. Allen had a higher BTP%. So Joe Burrow got 2 points and Josh Allen got 1 point.

CIN's defense had a higher pressure rate and a lower passer rating than BUF's defense. BUF had a lower TTT than CIN. So CIN's defense received 2 points and BUF's defense received 1 point.

CIN beats BUF 4-2 in those 6 pressure categories.

The only pickem loss for this formula was that it had JAX over KC. Believe me, I was reluctant at first but the spread was +8.5 for JAX. So I took that bet.
i may have missed it, but what's your numbers say for this weekend ?

Joe Burrow beats Patrick Mahomes in all 3 categories and CIN's defense has a higher pressure rate, and a lower passer rating. So CIN beats KC 5-1.
and the other game ?

i hope your not just trying to sweet talk us

Nah. I wouldn't do that. I was nervous and waited until like Thursday to run the numbers.
When asked if there was any memory from college that showed the type of leader Purdy was, Hall revealed the QB's ultra high competitive levels:

"It's just all those little things. Just seeing how competitive Brock was. He was my roommate for two years, so we'd be up in his room playing Madden or 2K and if I beat him, he wouldn't talk to me. I'd go mess with him and try to give him a hug and he tried to wrestle me and kick me out the room. So just little things, seeing how competitive he was on video games, in the weight room, on the field running, even though he knew he wasn't faster than me and stuff like that. Just seeing how he hated to lose and how competitive he was every day. It never changed and never wavered."

I told you all he is still pissed about losing to hurts in college. Lol
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
At least it's the early game. I'll either watch intently for the second game or not waste my time.

Yea same here. If we lose, my season is done. Won't bother watching the other game and the SB I'll watch in passing, as in flipping the channels casually on SH Sunday.

I really do hope we win.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL2540/history/20230127/2240Z/KSJC/KPHL
2 more hours for landing
Niners almost there! gonna beat them eaglettes!
Share 49ersWebzone