LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 138 users in the forums

SF 49ERS at Eagles Pregame Thread - 2022 Season Conference Final

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Damn more and more people are siding with Philly in a not so close game. I don't know about a win but I know Philly won't win in a blowout
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YACBros85:
For every passing TD our defense has given up this season they have matched it with an INT. While the eagles pass defense has a lower completion percentage than us, we have given up 1st downs at a lower rate.

People keep talking about how Nick Bosa is our only real pass rusher. The numbers say other wise. Eagles top 5 pass rushers average less than 1% higher than our top 5 pass rushers in pass rush win%. I think a lot of their sacks have come due to their solid coverage corners on the outside. Not saying their pass rush isn't really good. I just think it has been a bit over exaggerated is all.

Jalen Hurts has been sacked 39 times in 16 games which is an average of 2.4 sacks per game. Brock Purdy has been sacked 14 times in 8 games which is an average of 1.8 times per game.

Eagles defense gave up an average of 2.2 TD's per game during the regular season. The 49ers defense gave up an average of 1.8 TD's per game during the regular season.

It wouldn't shock me if the game was lopsided. They can't stop the run and their back 7 can't tackle. That's not a good matchup for them.
Originally posted by EaglesFanPhila:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Philly media talking about hurts and whoever their HC is like they're Walsh/Montana….and Philly fans are upset over a stupid rocky statue? Lol GTFO

Niners fans are cocky as crap. Lane Johnson will handle Bosa easily, and Mailotta will destroy anyone on his side. Kelce speaks for himself. Best center in the league. San Fran will be brought to reality this Sunday. It's a Philly thing!

Hopefully you keep your cool if the 49ers win Sunday and don't go and attack innocent fans. We all know Philly fans are the worst of the worst when it comes to that. It's really sad.
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Landed two minutes ago. Taxi on.

Its real! Go 9ers

RESPECT! Go NINERS!

DE FENSE! DE FENSE! DE FENSE!
You'd think the Niners won 9 games and got lucy making it to the NFC Championship the way the media and Philly fans are talking. We had 1 less win than the Eagles and are on a 12 game win streak. We're the mothaf**ken Goliath going into this game!!
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
Happy the weather won't be an issue whatsoever.

Yep, low 50s is about as good as one could ask for this time of yr I would think
Originally posted by All22:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
For every passing TD our defense has given up this season they have matched it with an INT. While the eagles pass defense has a lower completion percentage than us, we have given up 1st downs at a lower rate.

People keep talking about how Nick Bosa is our only real pass rusher. The numbers say other wise. Eagles top 5 pass rushers average less than 1% higher than our top 5 pass rushers in pass rush win%. I think a lot of their sacks have come due to their solid coverage corners on the outside. Not saying their pass rush isn't really good. I just think it has been a bit over exaggerated is all.

Jalen Hurts has been sacked 39 times in 16 games which is an average of 2.4 sacks per game. Brock Purdy has been sacked 14 times in 8 games which is an average of 1.8 times per game.

Eagles defense gave up an average of 2.2 TD's per game during the regular season. The 49ers defense gave up an average of 1.8 TD's per game during the regular season.

It wouldn't shock me if the game was lopsided. They can't stop the run and their back 7 can't tackle. That's not a good matchup for them.

It isn't a good matchup for them. But their receivers vs our corners are not a good matchup for us either. We need to find away to limit their opportunities. This will be a grind it out, control the clock, win the turnover battle type of game. Just like Dallas but Dallas is better at those two areas you mentioned.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Damn more and more people are siding with Philly in a not so close game. I don't know about a win but I know Philly won't win in a blowout

A lot of the talk show hosts are siding with the Niners, even the East Coast guys. But, your right the trend right now is going with Philly.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
Happy the weather won't be an issue whatsoever.

Yep, low 50s is about as good as one could ask for this time of yr I would think

It's what the Niners have been practicing with in the Bay Area, so we should be good.
Originally posted by mayo49:

A lot of the talk show hosts are siding with the Niners, even the East Coast guys. But, your right the trend right now is going with Philly.

Who cares? They don't know anything. It's all the Purdy nonsense. Without them realizing he's the best QB on the roster. They will find out soon.

Philly media talking about hurts and whoever their HC is like they're Walsh/Montana….and Philly fans are upset over a stupid rocky statue? Lol GTFO

Niners fans are cocky as crap. Lane Johnson will handle Bosa easily, and Mailotta will destroy anyone on his side. Kelce speaks for himself. Best center in the league. San Fran will be brought to reality this Sunday. It's a Philly thing!

Your quarterback has a bum arm that was never tested against the giants. Lane Johnson had a torn abdominal muscle going up against the DPOY. Those are MAJOR things that everyone is ignoring for some reason cause the trash giants got beat. Lol

mailota is your worse pass protect (although still good) and our guys aren't just scrubs because the sack numbers aren't there. Lol
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jan 28, 2023 at 7:41 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by mayo49:

Who cares? They don't know anything. It's all the Purdy nonsense. Without them realizing he's the best QB on the roster. They will find out soon.

Yeah, they will. Good to see you again, SanDiego, by the way.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:

Your quarterback has a bum arm that was never tested against the giants. Lane Johnson had a torn abdominal muscle going up against the DPOY. Those are MAJOR things that everyone is ignoring for some reason cause the trash giants got beat. Lol

mailota is your worse pass protect (although still good) and our guys aren't just scrubs because the sack numbers aren't there. Lol

Good point, tankle. I want to see Hurts throw with that bum shoulder, especially if the temperature starts to drop.
Another day closer

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Another day closer

Yeah, about 30 hours.
Share 49ersWebzone