SF 49ERS at Eagles Pregame Thread - 2022 Season Conference Final

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by mayo49:
T-minus 1 day.

Yup, one more day of lack of sleep.

Join me tonight, Giedi - if you can't sleep. I'm pulling an all nighter.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 28, 2023 at 9:11 AM ]
RB receiving stats vs eagles

Week 1- D'Andre Swift- 3 receptions on 3 targets for 31 yards at a rate of 10.3 YPRec.

Week 4- JaMycal Hasty- 2 receptions on 2 targets for 22 yards at a rate of 11.0 YPRec.

Week 5- Eno Benjamin- 3 receptions on 4 targets for 28 yards at a rate of 9.3 YPRec.

Week 8- Jaylen Warren- 3 receptions on 3 targets for 25 yards at a rate of 8.3 YPRec.

Week 12- Aaron Jones- 3 receptions on 4 targets for 56 yards at a rate of 18.7 YPRec and 1 TD.

Week 12- A.J. Dillon- 3 receptions on 4 targets for 24 yards at a rate of 8.0 YPRec.

Week 14- Saquan Barkley- 2 receptions on 2 targets for 20 yards at a rate of 10.0 YPRec.

Week 15- David Montgomery- 3 receptions on 3 targets for 38 yards at a rate of 12.7 YPRec and 1 TD.

Week 16- Tony Pollard- 6 receptions on 8 targets for 61 yards at a rate of 10.2 YPRec.

DP- Saquan Barkley- 2 receptions on 3 targets for 21 yards at a rate of 10.5 YPRec.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Jan 28, 2023 at 9:09 AM ]
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by Silky:
I'm so scared. Are we going to win?

I'm getting a little nervous myself. Tomorrow could be the last niner game until August with possibly different guys in some positions.

The being away factor really sucks
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Iowa St vs OKLA last 10 minutes, Brock vs Hurts, 2019. FOX sports 1

This is just as Brock tore it up bengals down 28-42.

Purdy nearly stole this game against Jalen Hurts. Jalen had the team full of talent. Lamb at WR. Sermon at RB. He had weapons all over the field that would later enter the NFL.

Brock Purdy had Brock Purdy. He still nearly took that game. Now Brock Purdy is on a team surrounded by NFL talent. Can you guess what might happen?
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for Cg9erSF.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by tankle104:
I'd love to rock with you guys at a game. Hahaha I got a crew full of the realest that's deep as the Pittsburgh Steelers
Retired bank robbers, ex-dope dealers,and adversary killers
Our mission is simple - get a ring and stay on top!

Yea bro! Now I've been clean cut all my life but a couple of my dudes are on the straight and narrow the last decade or so but can't say the same for the entire time I've known em but we are good family men now but you can't always tell by looking at some of them

lol

Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Lol ok, Philly has played nobody
You are not going to like what we are bringing. Stay tuned!!!
Originally posted by YACBros85:

Week 1- D'Andre Swift- 3 receptions on 3 targets for 31 yards at a rate of 10.3 YPRec.

Week 4- JaMycal Hasty- 2 receptions on 2 targets for 22 yards at a rate of 11.0 YPRec.

Week 5- Eno Benjamin- 3 receptions on 4 targets for 28 yards at a rate of 9.3 YPRec.

Week 8- Jaylen Warren- 3 receptions on 3 targets for 25 yards at a rate of 8.3 YPRec.

Week 12- Aaron Jones- 3 receptions on 4 targets for 56 yards at a rate of 18.7 YPRec and 1 TD.

Week 12- A.J. Dillon- 3 receptions on 4 targets for 24 yards at a rate of 8.0 YPRec.

Week 14- Saquan Barkley- 2 receptions on 2 targets for 20 yards at a rate of 10.0 YPRec.

Week 15- David Montgomery- 3 receptions on 3 targets for 38 yards at a rate of 12.7 YPRec and 1 TD.

Week 16- Tony Pollard- 6 receptions on 8 targets for 61 yards at a rate of 10.2 YPRec.

DP- Saquan Barkley- 2 receptions on 3 targets for 21 yards at a rate of 10.5 YPRec.

Is it just me or does it seem like opposing teams don't throw to the rb much against these guys? We throw a lot to CMC and others - should be interesting. Doesn't mean they're bad at it, potentially means we don't have a large enough sample size.
I'm hoping all this Eagles hype is due to recency bias as well, not a lot of people were confident they would do much before they blew out a mediocre Giants team they beat twice and very familiar with.

Niners are by far the best team they've played all year.
[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Jan 28, 2023 at 9:12 AM ]
  • pd24
  • Veteran
We are dropping 30 plus. I think every game we scored under 20 this season, next game is 25 points plus, usually I'm the 30s.
I need to know if our offense is truly regressing, or if the Dallas game was a blip and we'll get back to our dominant ways
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
I'm hoping all this Eagles hype is due to recency bias as well, not a lot of people were confident they would do much before they blew out a mediocre Giants team they beat twice and very familiar with.

Niners are by far the best team they've played all year.
We saw what happens when your qb has a bad shoulder and your best tackle is injured last year in the NFCC. It's times they find out

I need to know if our offense is truly regressing, or if the Dallas game was a blip and we'll get back to our dominant ways

We did not regress. Dallass defense is the second best defense in the league in comparison to ours. They also match up very well with us because of their speed. Couple that with the fact that they CAME TO PLAY against us (which garners my respect) - I don't think it's a blip. If anytbing, a tip of the hat to our offense and rook for holding in there and not making mistakes.
I'm worried about two areas.....otherwise we seem solid everywhere else. 1) Corners.......we need to apply pressure on their QB so he doesn't have time to connect on those long bombs, and 2) McGlinchey needs to have one of his best games ever because I think the Eagles will focus on him and I don't want to see him get beaten like a drum or we are toast. To be fair he played decently so far in the playoffs, but he will really be tested on Sunday.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Purdy nearly stole this game against Jalen Hurts. Jalen had the team full of talent. Lamb at WR. Sermon at RB. He had weapons all over the field that would later enter the NFL.

Brock Purdy had Brock Purdy. He still nearly took that game. Now Brock Purdy is on a team surrounded by NFL talent. Can you guess what might happen?

So Trey Sermon is an NFL talent but Breece Hall isn't? Way to stay objective.

Dallas matched up well against our strengths and Shanahan played jimmy ball keep away.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by YACBros85:

Is it just me or does it seem like opposing teams don't throw to the rb much against these guys? We throw a lot to CMC and others - should be interesting. Doesn't mean they're bad at it, potentially means we don't have a large enough sample size.

Teams don't throw a lot to the RB's against the eagles. But when they have, they have averaged over 8 yards per reception. Tony Pollard 6 of 8 for 61 yards. Tony Pollard is no CMC. But look at Aaron Jones and David Montgomery?
Share 49ersWebzone