There are 140 users in the forums

SF 49ERS at Eagles Pregame Thread - 2022 Season Conference Final

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
RB receiving stats vs eagles

Week 1- D'Andre Swift- 3 receptions on 3 targets for 31 yards at a rate of 10.3 YPRec.

Week 4- JaMycal Hasty- 2 receptions on 2 targets for 22 yards at a rate of 11.0 YPRec.

Week 5- Eno Benjamin- 3 receptions on 4 targets for 28 yards at a rate of 9.3 YPRec.

Week 8- Jaylen Warren- 3 receptions on 3 targets for 25 yards at a rate of 8.3 YPRec.

Week 12- Aaron Jones- 3 receptions on 4 targets for 56 yards at a rate of 18.7 YPRec and 1 TD.

Week 12- A.J. Dillon- 3 receptions on 4 targets for 24 yards at a rate of 8.0 YPRec.

Week 14- Saquan Barkley- 2 receptions on 2 targets for 20 yards at a rate of 10.0 YPRec.

Week 15- David Montgomery- 3 receptions on 3 targets for 38 yards at a rate of 12.7 YPRec and 1 TD.

Week 16- Tony Pollard- 6 receptions on 8 targets for 61 yards at a rate of 10.2 YPRec.

DP- Saquan Barkley- 2 receptions on 3 targets for 21 yards at a rate of 10.5 YPRec.

Is it just me or does it seem like opposing teams don't throw to the rb much against these guys? We throw a lot to CMC and others - should be interesting. Doesn't mean they're bad at it, potentially means we don't have a large enough sample size.

Another thing is these stats reflect the RB out of the backfield? Sometimes CMC is in the slot or out side. Something unique about Shanny is he has guys all over the field.
Originally posted by Ottawa49er:
I'm worried about two areas.....otherwise we seem solid everywhere else. 1) Corners.......we need to apply pressure on their QB so he doesn't have time to connect on those long bombs, and 2) McGlinchey needs to have one of his best games ever because I think the Eagles will focus on him and I don't want to see him get beaten like a drum or we are toast. To be fair he played decently so far in the playoffs, but he will really be tested on Sunday.

I'm worried most about the running QB. The Niners D plays off talent and doesn't do much trickery schematically and doesn't deviate from the usual plan.

The usual plan is to rush four and have everyone else in coverage to help out a secondary that is the weakest unit on the field.

A mobile and running QB throws a big wrench in this plan. The coverage help edge gets negated if a qb can scramble and then hit guys downfield. Having someone be a spy obviously means one less person in coverage. A mobile qb on the edge means the ends in this wide-9 have to contain the edge and if they don't it will be long gains. This in turn means you cant be nearly as aggressive rushing the passer off the edge, which is Bosas MO.
Originally posted by Silky:
I need to know if our offense is truly regressing, or if the Dallas game was a blip and we'll get back to our dominant ways

Dallas is ranked 5th in tackling, 11th in coverage and 2nd in pass rush. Those 3 in combination will make it very tough on any offense.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Stanley:
I need to know if our offense is truly regressing, or if the Dallas game was a blip and we'll get back to our dominant ways

Dallas matched up well against our strengths and Shanahan played jimmy ball keep away.

We started off slow against Dallas, but Shanny adjusted and we ended up pulling away in the 2nd half. I reckon we'll start off fast and keep it going through out the game.
Originally posted by Baldie:
RB receiving stats vs eagles

Week 1- D'Andre Swift- 3 receptions on 3 targets for 31 yards at a rate of 10.3 YPRec.

Week 4- JaMycal Hasty- 2 receptions on 2 targets for 22 yards at a rate of 11.0 YPRec.

Week 5- Eno Benjamin- 3 receptions on 4 targets for 28 yards at a rate of 9.3 YPRec.

Week 8- Jaylen Warren- 3 receptions on 3 targets for 25 yards at a rate of 8.3 YPRec.

Week 12- Aaron Jones- 3 receptions on 4 targets for 56 yards at a rate of 18.7 YPRec and 1 TD.

Week 12- A.J. Dillon- 3 receptions on 4 targets for 24 yards at a rate of 8.0 YPRec.

Week 14- Saquan Barkley- 2 receptions on 2 targets for 20 yards at a rate of 10.0 YPRec.

Week 15- David Montgomery- 3 receptions on 3 targets for 38 yards at a rate of 12.7 YPRec and 1 TD.

Week 16- Tony Pollard- 6 receptions on 8 targets for 61 yards at a rate of 10.2 YPRec.

DP- Saquan Barkley- 2 receptions on 3 targets for 21 yards at a rate of 10.5 YPRec.

Is it just me or does it seem like opposing teams don't throw to the rb much against these guys? We throw a lot to CMC and others - should be interesting. Doesn't mean they're bad at it, potentially means we don't have a large enough sample size.

Another thing is these stats reflect the RB out of the backfield? Sometimes CMC is in the slot or out side. Something unique about Shanny is he has guys all over the field.

Exactly! CMC is a slot receiver also which is something unique to him and his skillset. A LBer or safety having to cover him in open space off the line is going to give PHI a lot of headaches.
People talk about Jalen Hurts like he's an established veteran QB who has accomplished a bunch in this league. Dude was s**t up until this season
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
I'm hoping all this Eagles hype is due to recency bias as well, not a lot of people were confident they would do much before they blew out a mediocre Giants team they beat twice and very familiar with.

Niners are by far the best team they've played all year.

Of course it's recency bias. Why was everyone picking Dallas to beat us last week ? Because they annihilated a weak TB squad who didn't even belong in the post season one week earlier. If the Cowboys had played Philly last week and given them a rough outing, the overall consensus on the divinity of that team would have been much different.

I really do hope we win tomorrow…
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
People talk about Jalen Hurts like he's an established veteran QB who has accomplished a bunch in this league. Dude was s**t up until this season

Yeah, overrated - he's only been good this year.
We did not regress. Dallass defense is the second best defense in the league in comparison to ours. They also match up very well with us because of their speed. Couple that with the fact that they CAME TO PLAY against us (which garners my respect) - I don't think it's a blip. If anytbing, a tip of the hat to our offense and rook for holding in there and not making mistakes.
Dallas came in with a plan to be relentless and over power our Offense and try and rattle Purdy. Didn't work!!!!
Originally posted by mayo49:

Purdy (2-0) has more playoff wins than Hurts (1-1)

Both of them are new to the NFCCG

Brock has 1 more playoff victory than him too.
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Originally posted by mayo49:

Haha. You beat me.
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:

Dallas is ranked 5th in tackling, 11th in coverage and 2nd in pass rush. Those 3 in combination will make it very tough on any offense.

We were limited the same reason DAL was limited and that PHI will be. Great defenses
No Brock. The team has you. Let's go!

Some game day eve hype..

Share 49ersWebzone