LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 187 users in the forums

SF 49ERS at Eagles Pregame Thread - 2022 Season Conference Final

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This year we need production out of the QB position more than any other under Shanahan. The defense is probably playing at its highest level since he arrived, but the playoff teams are as tough as I've Ever seen. IMO we win or lose based on how Brock plays tomorrow. Obviously, if he turns the ball over, we lose, but this isn't one of the games Kyle can hide the QB behind our run game. If Jimmy was starting I'd give us 0 chance, but he probably wouldn't have mad it past Dallas. Go Brock, go Niners!
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Exactly! CMC is a slot receiver also which is something unique to him and his skillset. A LBer or safety having to cover him in open space off the line is going to give PHI a lot of headaches.

We went and got CMC for games like this
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
I'm worried most about the running QB. The Niners D plays off talent and doesn't do much trickery schematically and doesn't deviate from the usual plan.

The usual plan is to rush four and have everyone else in coverage to help out a secondary that is the weakest unit on the field.

A mobile and running QB throws a big wrench in this plan. The coverage help edge gets negated if a qb can scramble and then hit guys downfield. Having someone be a spy obviously means one less person in coverage. A mobile qb on the edge means the ends in this wide-9 have to contain the edge and if they don't it will be long gains. This in turn means you cant be nearly as aggressive rushing the passer off the edge, which is Bosas MO.

This right here is huge but I think you almost have to keep spy on hurts.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Exactly! CMC is a slot receiver also which is something unique to him and his skillset. A LBer or safety having to cover him in open space off the line is going to give PHI a lot of headaches.

and boy do we need him more than ever in the different thing she can do for this game.
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
This year we need production out of the QB position more than any other under Shanahan. The defense is probably playing at its highest level since he arrived, but the playoff teams are as tough as I've Ever seen. IMO we win or lose based on how Brock plays tomorrow. Obviously, if he turns the ball over, we lose, but this isn't one of the games Kyle can hide the QB behind our run game. If Jimmy was starting I'd give us 0 chance, but he probably wouldn't have mad it past Dallas. Go Brock, go Niners!

We are going to break a lot of hearts tomorrow and ruin a lot of plans

Have we used a spy this year vs mobile QBs? If so, how did we fare?
[ Edited by SLCNiner on Jan 28, 2023 at 10:12 AM ]
Originally posted by Baldie:

We will and we're going to crush him on any run attempts until he understands that we're hitting him as if he's Mike Alstott

We are going to break a lot of hearts tomorrow and ruin a lot of plans

Definitely our MO.

We went and got CMC with Philly in mind. I can't wait and for him who's never been to a championship game and don't even mention SB. I want to see his face tomorrow and the others when that clock ticks down to zero and the SB is now fact. Gonna be unreal. CMC has always been one of favorite players. I hope he gets this. So close.
I'm worried most about the running QB. The Niners D plays off talent and doesn't do much trickery schematically and doesn't deviate from the usual plan.

The usual plan is to rush four and have everyone else in coverage to help out a secondary that is the weakest unit on the field.

A mobile and running QB throws a big wrench in this plan. The coverage help edge gets negated if a qb can scramble and then hit guys downfield. Having someone be a spy obviously means one less person in coverage. A mobile qb on the edge means the ends in this wide-9 have to contain the edge and if they don't it will be long gains. This in turn means you cant be nearly as aggressive rushing the passer off the edge, which is Bosas MO.

I would only spy him in the redzone where his legs are most dangerous and the field is more condensed in the secondary. We need to keep 7 in coverage between the 20's and get him uncomfortable in that pocket.

Have we used a spy this year vs mobile QBs? If so, how did we fare?

We haven't don't it consistently that I can recall but we'll have to this game because we haven't seen much of Russ or Kyler this year but we're about to see Jalen
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think Kittle is Brock's safety valve all game. I say 8 catches, 85 yards, 2 tds.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I think Kittle is Brock's safety valve all game. I say 8 catches, 85 yards, 2 tds.

Kittle could be that endzone threat once again.
Originally posted by mayo49:

If he gets 8 catches he'll break 100 yards. I think you have yards and TDs right, but I say 6 catches.

I would only spy him in the redzone where his legs are most dangerous and the field is more condensed in the secondary. We need to keep 7 in coverage between the 20's and get him uncomfortable in that pocket.

I'm with that
Share 49ersWebzone