LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 224 users in the forums

SF 49ERS at Eagles Pregame Thread - 2022 Season Conference Final

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by picklejuice:

rocky music version

this is better than coke n hookers lol
Dude on the Brocky statue in Philly... He's my fb buddy.

https://www.facebook.com/natepayne007?mibextid=ZbWKwL
My mindset is can Nick Bosa completely destroy this game and enter Reggie White, Deacon Jones and even Charles Haley territory? Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
My mindset is can Nick Bosa completely destroy this game and enter Reggie White, Deacon Jones and even Charles Haley territory? Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.

He needs to.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Originally posted by picklejuice:

blah blah blah blah

Who the f**k is this guy and why should anyone care what he has to say?

Former Eagle?

Looks like a jabroni to me

Originally posted by tankle104:

Rest the leg and please kick it out of the endzone on kickoffs tomorrow.
Anyone notice how none of us are playing in this game (obviously) but most if not all of us have butterflies. In grade school sports, i never worried about our opponent. Same in high school, nor in college, and i was playing in all those games. (College was soccer and ice hockey). Only against Minn, Mich, and N Dakota did i get butterflies, but that was due to fact i knew we were going to get physically bludgeoned by players from those hockey schools.

But as a fan, it started when i first moved to Paso Robles area, and became a 9er fan, the yr we drafted Joe in the 3rd (I'd seen him play in Houston in Bluebonnet bowl, IIRC). After that, came Jerry , JT, GOAT Walsh, Steve, Bryant Young, our great lines both O and D and for 20 yrs, always near the top and included 5 Lombardi's.

Every big game (NFCC, SB), i got wired, butterflies, couldn't sleep, and now it's happening again. How in the world can one game cause such a visceral reaction? Won't sleep tonite, just like all championship games in the past. Whatever the reason, somehow, I suspect i got plenty of company.

Finally, if a podunk fan has this reaction, what are the 9er players actually going thru?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Please, corners - don't lay back 10 yards on these receivers, or it's the Oakland game all over again.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

I'll take an Aldon Smith five and 1/2 sack type of game myself
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Anyone notice how none of us are playing in this game (obviously) but most if not all of us have butterflies. In grade school sports, i never worried about our opponent. Same in high school, nor in college, and i was playing in all those games. (College was soccer and ice hockey). Only against Minn, Mich, and N Dakota did i get butterflies, but that was due to fact i knew we were going to get physically bludgeoned by players from those hockey schools.

But as a fan, it started when i first moved to Paso Robles area, and became a 9er fan, the yr we drafted Joe in the 3rd (I'd seen him play in Houston in Bluebonnet bowl, IIRC). After that, came Jerry , JT, GOAT Walsh, Steve, Bryant Young, our great lines both O and D and for 20 yrs, always near the top and included 5 Lombardi's.

Every big game (NFCC, SB), i got wired, butterflies, couldn't sleep, and now it's happening again. How in the world can one game cause such a visceral reaction? Won't sleep tonite, just like all championship games in the past. Whatever the reason, somehow, I suspect i got plenty of company.

Finally, if a podunk fan has this reaction, what are the 9er players actually going thru?

I think, like you said, the players themselves don't get as nervous as fans do. They know what they have to do. Just a matter of executing.

I had a rough night of sleep last night. We'll see how tonight fairs. It's not normal or healthy something I can't control let affect my mood and sleep. Yet here we are
[ Edited by Silky on Jan 28, 2023 at 4:49 PM ]
Originally posted by Baldie:
Actually we aren't healthy. Mitchell might be out and there was some talk during the week that some beat writers were wondering if Bosa might have something thats bothering him, which doesn't mean he's not going to play but that he's dealing with something. There was a period during the Dallas game when Bosa wasn't even on the field is what they noticed. Hoping nothing is wrong with Bosa though.

This game everyone is gonna play until they bring out the stretcher. This is a body bag game and we know it's win or go home!
Originally posted by Leathaface:

I think, like you said, the players themselves don't get as nervous as fans do. They know what they have to do. Just a matter of executing.

I'm nervous because I don't know if the team will come out with as much fire and intensity as I do as a fan. I wouldn't be as nervous if I was playing lol....
24 hours from here, this board will be Meltdown Zone or 49ers Webzone.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by Leathaface:

I'm nervous because I don't know if the team will come out with as much fire and intensity as I do as a fan. I wouldn't be as nervous if I was playing lol....

I think for fans it's worse because we have no control (despite the fact that we like to think we do). We just have to hope our team is better, lol.

Just need to be better two more times...
Share 49ersWebzone