There are 228 users in the forums

SF 49ERS at Eagles Pregame Thread - 2022 Season Conference Final

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Anyone notice how none of us are playing in this game (obviously) but most if not all of us have butterflies. In grade school sports, i never worried about our opponent. Same in high school, nor in college, and i was playing in all those games. (College was soccer and ice hockey). Only against Minn, Mich, and N Dakota did i get butterflies, but that was due to fact i knew we were going to get physically bludgeoned by players from those hockey schools.

But as a fan, it started when i first moved to Paso Robles area, and became a 9er fan, the yr we drafted Joe in the 3rd (I'd seen him play in Houston in Bluebonnet bowl, IIRC). After that, came Jerry , JT, GOAT Walsh, Steve, Bryant Young, our great lines both O and D and for 20 yrs, always near the top and included 5 Lombardi's.

Every big game (NFCC, SB), i got wired, butterflies, couldn't sleep, and now it's happening again. How in the world can one game cause such a visceral reaction? Won't sleep tonite, just like all championship games in the past. Whatever the reason, somehow, I suspect i got plenty of company.

Finally, if a podunk fan has this reaction, what are the 9er players actually going thru?

I think, like you said, the players themselves don't get as nervous as fans do. They know what they have to do. Just a matter of executing.

I'm nervous because I don't know if the team will come out with as much fire and intensity as I do as a fan. I wouldn't be as nervous if I was playing lol....

I think for fans it's worse because we have no control (despite the fact that we like to think we do). We just have to hope our team is better, lol.

Just need to be better two more times...

This exactly lol.
I think, like you said, the players themselves don't get as nervous as fans do. They know what they have to do. Just a matter of executing.

Man our guys have been here before. They've been listening and taking down names and quotes and come Sunday they're looking to shut fools mouths

I mean just think about how Fred Warner is taking all this crap talk about what PHI is gonna do and what DAL did wrong last game as IF the leagues number one defense never had anything to do with everything in the divisionals

Man our guys are gonna EAT tomorrow afternoon. Gonna smell like fried chicken 🍗 tomorrow on game day
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jan 28, 2023 at 4:53 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
My mindset is can Nick Bosa completely destroy this game and enter Reggie White, Deacon Jones and even Charles Haley territory? Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.

I'll take an Aldon Smith five and 1/2 sack type of game myself

Bosa and Jackson, if he's playing, need to get to Hurts to help out the secondary.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Bosa and Jackson, if he's playing, need to get to Hurts to help out the secondary.

They will and we'll have one of Warner or Greenlaw to keep eye on Hurts and make sure he needs a bandaid after this affair if he tries to take off and run
I hope Nick doesn't line up on R side, so he doesn't have to go against their LT, Malata, ( 365 lb former rugby player who is a TANK ), and Nick would be neutralized by him. Also, like Mayo, i hope our CBs don't play 10 yds off .

Also, I hope we put either two guys on AJ Brown or maybe just Talanoa, if he can smother him. Take out their best receiver (a la Bellichek) and a W is a lot easier. Also we HAVE to stymie their Run game.

Finally, i hope we put a spy on Hurts and take away his 9 or 10 runs, esp on busted plays.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Jan 28, 2023 at 4:59 PM ]
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
24 hours from here, this board will be Meltdown Zone or 49ers Webzone.

I'm gonna be good either way because I know our guys won't lie down. They're going to give the Schmeigels all they can handle
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

They will and we'll have one of Warner or Greenlaw to keep eye on Hurts and make sure he needs a bandaid after this affair if he tries to take off and run

Without a doubt - Warner and Greenlaw will be tracking his ass all game.
Betting public all over eagles' nuts
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2023/01/benglas-chiefs-49ers-eagles-how-public-is-betting?utm_source=49ersWebZone&utm_medium=dt&utm_campaign=affref
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2023/01/benglas-chiefs-49ers-eagles-how-public-is-betting?utm_source=49ersWebZone&utm_medium=dt&utm_campaign=affref

They're either idiots or have never seen us play.
I have a feeling Jimmie Ward and Deebo are both going to have big games.

Originally posted by JoseCortez:

They're either idiots or have never seen us play.

Most of them probably think the Giants are better than us, thus thinking they are going to blow us out even more.
Charvarius Ward needs to show up tomorrow

seems like no one has spoken about him... he will have to cover , defend & play tough
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by A49ER08:
Charvarius Ward needs to show up tomorrow

seems like no one has spoken about him... he will have to cover , defend & play tough

Is he going to be on Smith? If so, he can't fall for that pump fake.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I hope Nick doesn't line up on R side, so he doesn't have to go against their LT, Malata, ( 365 lb former rugby player who is a TANK ), and Nick would be neutralized by him. Also, like Mayo, i hope our CBs don't play 10 yds off .

Also, I hope we put either two guys on AJ Brown or maybe just Talanoa, if he can smother him. Take out their best receiver (a la Bellichek) and a W is a lot easier. Also we HAVE to stymie their Run game.

Finally, i hope we put a spy on Hurts and take away his 9 or 10 runs, esp on busted plays.

Wow Mailata was a 7th round pick (#233) in 2018.
How much man coverage do you see us using in this game?
Share 49ersWebzone