There are 282 users in the forums

SF 49ERS at Eagles Pregame Thread - 2022 Season Conference Final

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BirdRick2112:
Believe me; there's major respect for the Forty Niners from Philly fans; the overwhelming majority of which would rather be playing the Cowchokes.

Don't worry, my man. We would much rather be playing the giants. You have a very very good roster and it's been an awesome season for both teams. I think it's safe to say that both our franchises are primed to compete for a chip over the next 3-4 years, at least.

i hope it's a great game and that the 49ers win. hahah. I do hope that neither team suffers injuries. I'd wish you guys good luck but I don't want you guys having any luck (play wise - not injuries) this Sunday. Lol
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I would feel a lot better about this game if i knew how we were going to defend Hurts on his up the gut runs. Some are definitely designed but most seem to be no WR open and Hurts takes off. When he does run a designed play, it is between the tackles. No question he is big and fast and strong,..but there has a to be a way to keep him contained. What would work best…a spy…say MLB or safety?

We don't have to stop him, they won't run those plays unless they get desperate. Eagles won't start off doing they because they want to keep him as healthy as possible.
San Francisco 49ers will extend their record on Sunday as the franchise with the most Championship Game appearances at 18. Let's go!
Gotta use some combo of strength and quickness in the D front 7 against the Eagles Oline. Sprinkle a little well timed Huff blitz.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I love our 21 personnel group. Best in the league imo.
Originally posted by YACBros85:

Inject these stats directly into my veins. 💉

Kyle looking at those numbers and goes looking at their run D on film and be like ...
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 26, 2023 at 3:16 PM ]
Izut Sunday yet
Originally posted by Montana:
Izut Sunday yet

Just a few more sleeps.

• thl408

That's something Kyle can do to change it up a bit. To run the ball but use JJ in 11 personnel instead of Juice in 21. Spread it out a bit via formation and give CMC a lighter box by having only CMC in the backfield. Instead, Kyle likes to pack things in tight with a fullback, in-line TE and WR in reduced splits.
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
Originally posted by BobSacamano69:
our top 2 RBs CMC an ELI are both hampered. CMCs sounds to be just a bad bruise on his calf, however having our top 2 RBs not at 100% really really really hurts our "run run run" strategy that is needed for sunday. we need tough runners ready to wear this eagles D Down. will we activate TEco raw? hopefully. no reason him an mason cant take carries from CMC an ELI, theyve both proven to be capable of that. only thing they cant do is the receiving work CMC can do which he can still do on limited snaps.

hopefull they just need rest an by sunday their bodies are good.

They'll both be fine, leave it all on the field this week and you either have two weeks to heal or an entire offseason.

TRUE, if theres no structural damage to their muscles/bones/tendons, and its just a matter of pain then we all know both of them will gut it out. cause if they dont they go home. jsut hope they dont lose any speed.

it also sucks that Eli gets hurt every other snap. they even barely played him last sunday and he still got hurt. love the guy but his body is just 100% fragile an undependable. maybe another jalen hurd an jason verett. time to move on after 2022.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Silky:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by tankle104:
The tickets for this NFCC game are in track to be the most expensive ever for a conference championship - that tells me that a lot of niner fans are going. That's why they're getting so expensive, or least that's my hope. Hahahah no science or data behind that, just my hope.

https://sports.yahoo.com/eagles-vs-49ers-nfc-championship-tickets-are-on-track-to-be-nfls-most-expensive-conference-title-game-ever-032336475.html

has there Been any data released saying how many niner fans are expected.? We usually travel very very well.
it was already at 18% early Monday, but your hypothesis isn't that far fetched. As season ticket holders, we know which teams like to travel or buy tickets at any cost. We also raise prices for certain teams.

When you say "18%" - I take it you mean 18% of the crowd is projected to be 49ers? What is the average % of away fans that usually attend the league?

is 18% good?
To be specific, the report was that 18% of the tickets that were bought were from California. 18% is good amount of fans and i'm guessing more people have bought since then. as for avg of away fans, that would depend on the team.

just imagine if we get that place looking Red..

I was there last year and it was very red. My buddy sitting next to me who's (whose? whom? whomis?) an Eagles fan was pissed. Now this game is a different beast so who knows. Still, last year it was week 2 when every team thinks they're a superbowl contender and the Niners crowd still took over.
was there a lot of local (or east coast) 9er fans ?

Yea I'd say mainly east coasters.

As a side note, I was there in 2009 when the Niners sucked that year and were no threat. The eagles were good with Vick I think. It was the snowmageddon aftermath game. They pelted me nonstop throughout the game with snow balls. At first it was funny and I was throwing back. But eventually I had to put my big black coat on and cover up my Patrick Willis jersey. I was a huge red target. It sucked.

They need to roll me out there like a make-a-wish kid and dedicate this game to me if they win. I was tortured and tormented by my friends and family my whole life for being the only Niners fan in my family. I was told the 5 Superbowls didn't count for me since I was a baby (born in 88) and wouldn't remember them. Gosh I hate this team
[ Edited by Silky on Jan 26, 2023 at 4:30 PM ]
Originally posted by thl408:

That's something Kyle can do to change it up a bit. To run the ball but use JJ in 11 personnel instead of Juice in 21. Spread it out a bit via formation and give CMC a lighter box by having only CMC in the backfield. Instead, Kyle likes to pack things in tight with a fullback, in-line TE and WR in reduced splits.

I've been wishing for this for awhile. Jennings is an oversized blocker at the WR position, put some more on his plate while forcing the defense to honor the pass.
Originally posted by Youngone:
Originally posted by YACBros85:

Inject these stats directly into my veins. 💉

Lol! What?
Share 49ersWebzone