There are 132 users in the forums

SF 49ERS at Eagles Pregame Thread - 2022 Season Conference Final

Shop Find 49ers gear online
"nInErS hAVeNt bEaTEN aNy1"

hmm let's see…Chargers,Dolphins, Bucs, Seahawks. all playoff teams. Washington was playing solid football as well and could've easily made the playoffs. Seahawks again and Dallas IN the playoffs.

[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Jan 26, 2023 at 4:41 PM ]
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by BirdRick2112:
Believe me; there's major respect for the Forty Niners from Philly fans; the overwhelming majority of which would rather be playing the Cowchokes.

Don't worry, my man. We would much rather be playing the giants. You have a very very good roster and it's been an awesome season for both teams. I think it's safe to say that both our franchises are primed to compete for a chip over the next 3-4 years, at least.

i hope it's a great game and that the 49ers win. hahah. I do hope that neither team suffers injuries. I'd wish you guys good luck but I don't want you guys having any luck (play wise - not injuries) this Sunday. Lol

You made a really good point regarding the future of the franchises. The NFC is becoming a train wreck. The great QBs like Rodgers, Wilson, Brady, to name a few are either out or on their way out leaving a shortage of great QBs while our teams seemingly have found our QBs of the future and being under the rookie contracts allows the flexibility to keep most of our best players. The teams who take the hard cap hits because of the big dollars they are paying their QBs (see Dallas) do not get to the Super Bowl with the exception of Brady who took big pay cuts. I won't be surprised if this championship game repeats next year.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Gotta use some combo of strength and quickness in the D front 7 against the Eagles Oline. Sprinkle a little well timed Huff blitz.

I think if Huf blitzes he needs to make sure he's not in no man's land and stuck. I would rather have him sit back and protect against the Hurts runs than gamble and get burnt for big plays.
Some of these commentators are lame af. Lol. How do ya get to Purdy? Rattle him by Eagles talking s**t to him during the pregame. Lolol. Like he hasn't heard s**ttalk before. Oh no how he gunna handle mean words? Oh nooooooo lol
Originally posted by BobSacamano69:
TRUE, if theres no structural damage to their muscles/bones/tendons, and its just a matter of pain then we all know both of them will gut it out. cause if they dont they go home. jsut hope they dont lose any speed.

it also sucks that Eli gets hurt every other snap. they even barely played him last sunday and he still got hurt. love the guy but his body is just 100% fragile an undependable. maybe another jalen hurd an jason verett. time to move on after 2022.

He can't be Hurd cause he has actually played. Looking back though - you can tell why kyle loved Hurd. Wish he would of worked out
Wonder if niners fans are gonna take over Philly
Originally posted by tankle104:
Believe me; there's major respect for the Forty Niners from Philly fans; the overwhelming majority of which would rather be playing the Cowchokes.

Don't worry, my man. We would much rather be playing the giants. You have a very very good roster and it's been an awesome season for both teams. I think it's safe to say that both our franchises are primed to compete for a chip over the next 3-4 years, at least.

i hope it's a great game and that the 49ers win. hahah. I do hope that neither team suffers injuries. I'd wish you guys good luck but I don't want you guys having any luck (play wise - not injuries) this Sunday. Lol

You made a really good point regarding the future of the franchises. The NFC is becoming a train wreck. The great QBs like Rodgers, Wilson, Brady, to name a few are either out or on their way out leaving a shortage of great QBs while our teams seemingly have found our QBs of the future and being under the rookie contracts allows the flexibility to keep most of our best players. The teams who take the hard cap hits because of the big dollars they are paying their QBs (see Dallas) do not get to the Super Bowl with the exception of Brady who took big pay cuts. I won't be surprised if this championship game repeats next year.

Yeah, it's a huge huge advantage. The NFC is lacking elite QB play but has overall very good rosters (NFC also has a TON of elite pass rushers).

im not sure the eagles salary cap situation but I believe you guys have hurts at least one more year before he has to get paid.

this is just my opinion, I'd like to see the qb salaries come down some - for the sake of better teams overall. Too many teams start to fizzle too quickly once they pay their qb and very few teams win the chip once they've paid their qb.

brady has ALWAYs taken less pay, so he's an outlier. Wilson won on his rookie contract, Mahommes won on his rookie contract, I THINK the eagles won while on wentz rookie contract (I may be wrong though) - regardless they won with a cheap backup, baltimore win before they had to pay Flacco, Big Ben won on his rookie contract, Rodgers won while making $6.5M. Eli Manning wasn't on a huge contract either.

it's like having to pay a qb a bunch of money is a death sentence. Look at the bills? Where do they go now!?

outside of manning, Brady, and Bree's - very few QBs win after they get paid. Brady always took a pay cut and manning/Brees always were restructuring their contracts.

it's essentially a fact that one you pay a qb big money - the odds of winning a chip is very small.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jan 26, 2023 at 5:23 PM ]
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
"nInErS hAVeNt bEaTEN aNy1"

hmm let's see…Chargers,Dolphins, Bucs, Seahawks. all playoff teams. Washington was playing solid football as well and could've easily made the playoffs. Seahawks again and Dallas IN the playoffs.

What pundits don't realize is that every team we've taken down this season has gone on to lose their next game. So to all those "garbage teams" imagine if they had gone 2-0 (beat us then the next opponent) instead of going 0-2 (vs us then the next opponent). All of a sudden those garbage teams don't look so bad anymore. Dolphins, Bucs, Chargers, Seahawks, maybe Saints all viable playoff contenders if you add two wins to their record.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rocket4989:

Too dangerous. I wouldn't want to roam those parts with my family or close friends…
Originally posted by Montana:
Some of these commentators are lame af. Lol. How do ya get to Purdy? Rattle him by Eagles talking s**t to him during the pregame. Lolol. Like he hasn't heard s**ttalk before. Oh no how he gunna handle mean words? Oh nooooooo lol

Lol do your worst, smack talking fans. Not worried. I'm much more confident about this game than the cowboys game because of the match ups. Dallas defense is essentially built to stop teams like us.

eagles are a good team, no doubt, but we match up with them way better than we do the cowboys. I like our chances and I like our rookie - I feel like he is going to make history. It's never been done before until someone does it!

Originally posted by DrEll:

Too dangerous. I wouldn't want to roam those parts with my family or close friends…

Niners fans finna turn out and turn up! They'll be the ones celebrating at the end, anyways. 😏

About as likely as Dallas fans taking over Levi's. The Eagles are everything in Philly.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

About as likely as Dallas fans taking over Levi's. The Eagles are everything in Philly.

Hmmm I don't know if I agree, phoenix! I think we will have a sizable crowd there from what I seen. It won't be like Levi's south (rams stadium) but I think we will have more
than most think

18% of the tickets alone were bought from Cali - you have to imagine that east coast niners fans are buying tickets too.
I think Bosa is gonna have to play great for us to win this game. Their O-line is too good for Bosa to be just good. He needs to have a career defining game imo. If it's a one possession game in the 4th quarter the Eagles will just RPO the clock into nothing and our D line will be too gassed to keep up.

We can't afford to blow early timeouts so our silent count will need to be on point. Hopefully playing in Seattle will help us in that regard.
[ Edited by Faithful4ever on Jan 26, 2023 at 5:40 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone