There are 111 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
What 3rd round edge rusher will make this team?

Considering we have like 3 open spots. 3 of them.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Don't mind the player. I figured Lynch would target him but it seems rather early for a kicker even if he's considered an elite prospect. Either way he'll be a major contributer so it's hard to be too mad about it. The Latu pick on the other hand.

This is a good pick. Latu I don't like very much.
Just like Wish no one is going to handle this well lol. I'm excited though, he was someone I really wanted/we needed.
This is the best pick of the 49ers draft. A young kicker with an elite leg. He can hit from long. He can kickoff deep. He's young and healthy. Best kicker in the draft. He's clutch. Hits almost all is FG's and extra points. Huge need position. Get over it guys. The best pick we made so far. It's not close.

Good kickers in free agency starting to cost a lot of money, too. Considering we have to pay Bosa and Aiyuk soon, this is a very logical pick for me. Also, it's quite possible he'll be gone in the 4th round.
Did we need a kicker.... maybe.... did we need OL, DB, LB, TE, DE, and/or DT depth more than a kicker we could have got in the 5th?
Watch the other top kicker not get drafted at all and someone picks him up as an undrafted free agent.
how many games did Gould ice for us the last 4 years? if this kid is solid like him then it is worth the pick and more
Was he the best K in this draft?
I like the pick. Fills a monster hole (we hope) and now touchbacks should be a regular thing.

Originally posted by glorydayz:
Was he the best K in this draft?

Yes IMO. He can kickoff deep. He can hit deep FG's. He hits most of his FG's and extra points. He's young, healthy and with a strong leg. A huge position of need. It's a GREAT pick IMO. I love the pick. It's the player we had to have. I'm glad we got him. If you want him you have to pick him a little earlier than other teams. So we did. We had 3 3rd rounders. So it's OK if you ask me.
We got our Vinatieri! Lfggg
Special Teams Weapon. Like Wishnowsky.
3/7 on fgs 50+? Lmao
I actually don't hate the player. But yeah, he's obviously not living up to the draft status just like Wishnowsky. And there's already going to be a ton of mental pressure in his head because he got drafted high.

Still though, he fills a need. You don't want to blow a playoff game because of missed kicks.
Share 49ersWebzone