There are 261 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
He better make Justin Tucker look like Jose Cortez

He's like the Joe Nedney of Wade Richey's.
Originally posted by thl408:
Good baseline stats. It's also about the clutch kicks, however you want to define clutch. The good ones make those more often than not.

Yeah, he doesn't need to kick 66yd game winners, but that money feeling under 60 is a must. And it needs to be a shock if he misses.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
If he hits everything from inside 40yds and XP( say 97%), makes 55+ yarders(75%), and is 80% percent from 40-55 while getting 70+% touchbacks.

All for the next 15 years, not a wasted pick.
Zane Gonzalez was perfect from under 50 last year and missed one xp.
Zane Gonzalez cost a swap of 7th round picks, not even a 7th rounder

Kicker needs to be exceptional to justify his value of a third round pick. Overwhelming majority of kickers or punters picked this early fail.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
This is the best pick of the 49ers draft. A young kicker with an elite leg. He can hit from long. He can kickoff deep. He's young and healthy. Best kicker in the draft. He's clutch. Hits almost all is FG's and extra points. Huge need position. Get over it guys. The best pick we made so far. It's not close.

I like the pick. I have PSTD about the super bowl kick returns.
Early for sure but when he kicks the game winner it will be worth it. Gould got us some wins. Not sure we want a drop off at this position.
  • thl408
He should grow that 'stache out like Ray Wersching.
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Zane Gonzalez was perfect from under 50 last year and missed one xp.
Zane Gonzalez cost a swap of 7th round picks, not even a 7th rounder

Kicker needs to be exceptional to justify his value of a third round pick. Overwhelming majority of kickers or punters picked this early fail.

And injury issues. At a position that does not have a backup.

I won't argue the pick value too much(i agree) but i will argue the he isn't good point.
[ Edited by jdt84_2 on Apr 28, 2023 at 9:39 PM ]
Originally posted by thl408:
He should grow that 'stache out like Ray Wersching.

go with the single bar too.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Was he the best K in this draft?

Yes IMO. He can kickoff deep. He can hit deep FG's. He hits most of his FG's and extra points. He's young, healthy and with a strong leg. A huge position of need. It's a GREAT pick IMO. I love the pick. It's the player we had to have. I'm glad we got him. If you want him you have to pick him a little earlier than other teams. So we did. We had 3 3rd rounders. So it's OK if you ask me.

I've been wanting to have a young kicker with a strong leg for a long time. Robbie was so clutch but time has eroded some of those skills and he was injured a bit last year, and I think the year before that too. Kyle said he considered this pick more of a fourth rounder because it's *after* the 3rd round ends is when you get these compensatory picks. I like the pick.
Happy to see positive comments WRT Moody and where they took him. You can honestly say it's almost a 4th rd pick...this dude's the #1 K in the nation. He can kick it long and straight. Been some time since we've had a K like this. Zane Gonzalez, wish you the best but think you'll have to kick elsewhere. Know what's funny, in a weird sense is I saw a couple of "D" grades for Moody. First of all, assigning grades right after players are picked is clearly ridiculous. Jake fills a need in a big, big way. The grade-givers are totally out-to-lunch. Welcome aboard, Jake.

Originally posted by Giedi:
I've been wanting to have a young kicker with a strong leg for a long time. Robbie was so clutch but time has eroded some of those skills and he was injured a bit last year, and I think the year before that too. Kyle said he considered this pick more of a fourth rounder because it's *after* the 3rd round ends is when you get these compensatory picks. I like the pick.

I like the younger aspect of it, kickers and punters should not miss time to non contact muscle strains.

Yes IMO. He can kickoff deep. He can hit deep FG's. He hits most of his FG's and extra points. He's young, healthy and with a strong leg. A huge position of need. It's a GREAT pick IMO. I love the pick. It's the player we had to have. I'm glad we got him. If you want him you have to pick him a little earlier than other teams. So we did. We had 3 3rd rounders. So it's OK if you ask me.

I like it too. Not many needs this year but this was one. We snagged the best kicker
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Early for sure but when he kicks the game winner it will be worth it. Gould got us some wins. Not sure we want a drop off at this position.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:

I like it too. Not many needs this year but this was one. We snagged the best kicker

Robbie fit our team... Gould.
Jake fits our fans.... Moody.
Share 49ersWebzone