There are 235 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Southpaw79:
Robbie fit our team... Gould.
Jake fits our fans.... Moody.

When you consider Moody was very close to being a 4th rd pick and that he's the best K in the land I don't think he was a reach whatsoever. Gonzalez has a big leg, too but he's been injury prone and we surely don't need that. Jake booms the ball straight and deep...didn't miss an XP his last 2 seasons at Michigan. There'll also be a lot fewer kick returns, yet another plus. Totally worthy pick right where they got him.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
When you consider Moody was very close to being a 4th rd pick and that he's the best K in the land I don't think he was a reach whatsoever. Gonzalez has a big leg, too but he's been injury prone and we surely don't need that. Jake booms the ball straight and deep...didn't miss an XP his last 2 seasons at Michigan. There'll also be a lot fewer kick returns, yet another plus. Totally worthy pick right where they got him.

We needed a kicker. Our kicker for the past six years is gone. We got the best one in this class. They targeted him and got him. What the f**k do people want?
[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 28, 2023 at 10:23 PM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
We needed a kicker. Our kicker for the past seven years is gone. We got the best one in this class. They targeted him and got him. What the f**k do people want?

Tell'em Mayo!
  • q0c0p
  • Veteran
Lmao
  • q0c0p
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 801niner:
3/7 on fgs 50+? Lmao

Lmap. That's where kickers make their money
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Originally posted by mayo49:
We needed a kicker. Our kicker for the past seven years is gone. We got the best one in this class. They targeted him and got him. What the f**k do people want?

Tell'em Mayo!

I'm sorry, sometimes, I just got to let it out. Plus, I'm in a s**tty mood, the Warriors lost.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 28, 2023 at 10:24 PM ]
Originally posted by TD49ers:
go with the single bar too.

Can't.

NFL banned them in 2004
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by linkboy:
Originally posted by TD49ers:
go with the single bar too.

Can't.

NFL banned them in 2004

Dumb, move.

• okdkid
  • Veteran
This pick is even better now because all these keyboard GMs that make up arbitrary draft principles are in their feelings.

You could shoot five years of drafts into the sun. They do not matter so long as the team wins. The Niners win at an elite clip. Go be angry about literally anything else.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
This is the best pick of the 49ers draft. A young kicker with an elite leg. He can hit from long. He can kickoff deep. He's young and healthy. Best kicker in the draft. He's clutch. Hits almost all is FG's and extra points. Huge need position. Get over it guys. The best pick we made so far. It's not close.

I like the pick. I have PSTD about the super bowl kick returns.

It's a good pick.
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
I never like kickers early on in the draft. It's a high risk and low reward move, always. You can get a replacement kicker for basically free. There is no discernible correlation from being a great kicker in college to performance in pros. Taking a position player at tackle or edge who has a high ceiling is almost always a better proposition. Very skeptical.

Being the PK for Michigan is not a low-pressure situation. With an HC that can get pretty emotional on the sideline, and a lot of pressure to win big games in front of bigger crowds than in any NFL venue, Moody is no stranger to pressure. I would argue that Michigan is about as close to the pros as one can get.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:
This pick is even better now because all these keyboard GMs that make up arbitrary draft principles are in their feelings.

You could shoot five years of drafts into the sun. They do not matter so long as the team wins. The Niners win at an elite clip. Go be angry about literally anything else.

I like it, okd. Well, said, grasshopper.
Lol wtf
Share 49ersWebzone