There are 174 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The whole stadium will be chanting Moody! Moody! Moody! As soon as he hits his first game winning fire goal
check the phone call from Kyle to Jake lol

KS said this shows how highly we think of you, we didn't take a running back
KS was pushing for his 3rd round running back, as usual
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
The whole stadium will be chanting Moody! Moody! Moody! As soon as he hits his first game winning fire goal

I had no problem, taking him where we took him. It was the 7 pick after pick #31 in the 3rd round. So, basically it was a 4th rounder.
They needed a kicker, they got a kicker. Not surprising to see the same kind of bellyaching that accompanied the Wishnowsky pick a couple of years ago so I will make the same offer now as I did then which, of course, no one took me up on because it is easier to make a bunch of noise about something than it is to actually take a stand.

For all of you who are complaining about the pick please feel free to select ONE player who was available at that spot who you thought would have been a better choice and at the end of the year we can see who ended up making a bigger contribution to their respective team. And the pick has to be made now, you can't wait until the end of the year and cheery pick some guy who might have outplayed his draft position.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Unbelieavable.^^ Of course they took Moody in the third round. Seriously.^^
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers81:
They needed a kicker, they got a kicker. Not surprising to see the same kind of bellyaching that accompanied the Wishnowsky pick a couple of years ago so I will make the same offer now as I did then which, of course, no one took me up on because it is easier to make a bunch of noise about something than it is to actually take a stand.

For all of you who are complaining about the pick please feel free to select ONE player who was available at that spot who you thought would have been a better choice and at the end of the year we can see who ended up making a bigger contribution to their respective team. And the pick has to be made now, you can't wait until the end of the year and cheery pick some guy who might have outplayed his draft position.

He was the best kicker in this class. They targeted him and got him. What do the whiners, want them to do?
[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 28, 2023 at 11:46 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdc20:
Unbelieavable.^^ Of course they took Moody in the third round. Seriously.^^

It was basically a 4th rounder. It was a comp pick, like 7 picks after pick #31 in the 3rd round.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
It was basically a 4th rounder. It was a comp pick, like 7 picks after pick #31 in the 3rd round.

History shows you, you can find solid kickers as UDFA. Justin Tucker and Robbie Gould were UDFA.
Look, this is Lynch and Shanahan so they' re gonna reach, make stupid trade up and draft DLs in the first round regardless but sometimes you would like them to be more patient.
Originally posted by pdc20:
Originally posted by mayo49:

History shows you, you can find solid kickers as UDFA. Justin Tucker and Robbie Gould were UDFA.
Look, this is Lynch and Shanahan so they' re gonna reach, make stupid trade up and draft DLs in the first round regardless but sometimes you would like them to be more patient.

Exactly
a kicker in round 3, is this the raiders?

Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
We really don't have holes that late third round picks can fill. This filled a gaping hole.

We have 1 edge rusher that we can currently count on.

You missed the "third round picks can fill" part of my comment. We aren't drafting anything but a backup edge with that pick.
Originally posted by 49ers81:

I suspect crickets.
Kyle is going to have Moody kick a 70 yard FG instead of going for it on 4th and 1.
I think it's a fair pick, I doubt he's a 3rd rounder if we had a 4th round pick, though we felt enough about losing him to use our second 3rd rather than the last one.

I think it's unfair when talking about the success of undrafted vs drafted kickers as there are far more undrafted ones to skew the numbers. The fact that Tucker went undrafted is on the league and it's bad scouting of the position. If you think he's the guy he's more than worth the pick and making 63 yard FG's in college helps you to stand out, only missed a 57 yarder and even that was close.

Good luck young man, we need you.
Rich Eisen's reaction to the pick is great.
Share 49ersWebzone