There are 290 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9moon:
He needs to COME OUT.. he looks trap and unhappy!!

and we should be playing I SEE BAD MOODY RYSIN the song each time he's about to kick a FG and after making a FG !!!

American Werewolf in Santa Clara?

Maybe Moods is a werewolf and is spent when he gets on the field
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
i get it we loved RG.. but he wasn't always perfect

Moody was great in College, hopefully this isn't a issue

well.....

I will post my uninformed layman's take on this.... after watching Moody's highlight reel..... I was not super impressed. I am old, I am use to only generational kickers getting taken in the draft.

College kickers are not really that great....of the ok college kickers, Moody was probably one of the better ones.

Moody does not have unlimited leg power, and to steal a stat from his scouting profile on NFL.com...Moody had made 66.6 percent of kicks from 40-plus yards in last two seasons.

Moody was not a sniper in college.... maybe he can get coached up....maybe he was the best option available to the 49ers...I don't know....but we have a a gap between what we have and what us fans want. As fans we want to never worry about the kicking game. We want automatic or as close as is humanly possible...in that regard Moody is going to be a work in progress.
My problem is they could have draft Anders Carlson in the 5th round and used there late third round picks on a OL and a CB, try not using third round picks on a kicker and a back up TE who is on injured reserve.
Originally posted by dlance:
My problem is they could have draft Anders Carlson in the 5th round and used there late third round picks on a OL and a CB, try not using third round picks on a kicker and a back up TE who is on injured reserve.

That Latu pick was horrendous the moment it was announced I never understood the pick

Ok Adam Peters we know its you.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

That Latu pick was horrendous the moment it was announced I never understood the pick

WHY u sound surprise?? it's the yearly 3rd Round Jester!!

did it not start w/Williams - Sermon - Price - Latu?

next year it'll be QB Spencer Rattler in the 3rd !!
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
Kid had been crying I can tell.
Originally posted by bud49:

Crying doesn't scream nerves of steel. I'm not saying you can't empathize with him, but would Purdy ever cry if he cost the team a game? Would Kyle? These dudes get paid more than anyone on this forum to play a game. Is it just a part time job?

Originally posted by MrGriz:

LMFAO. I miss him too.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Ok Adam Peters we know its you.

Nice one
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Originally posted by bud49:

Crying doesn't scream nerves of steel. I'm not saying you can't empathize with him, but would Purdy ever cry if he cost the team a game? Would Kyle? These dudes get paid more than anyone on this forum to play a game. Is it just a part time job?
Oh I get what you're saying this is a man's game. Get in or get out. I was just sharing my observation
  • titan
  • Veteran
Rumor has it he is half way to SF. JK! I hope he shakes it off. With his leg he has the potential to be one of the Best K in SF.
Share 49ersWebzone