There are 431 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dlance:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
My problem is they could have draft Anders Carlson in the 5th round and used there late third round picks on a OL and a CB, try not using third round picks on a kicker and a back up TE who is on injured reserve.

Ok Adam Peters we know its you.

Nice one

Gee. Do you think they felt they needed a kicker more than aCB or OL that might not even play. The top 16 DBs and top 15 OLs were gone by the time that 3rd round pick came around. I'm sure they looked at who was available at that spot and felt there was more value in a kicker that they needed than a DB or OL that would be a backup at best. Maybe the gys that were there at those positions didn't fit their style.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
My problem is they could have draft Anders Carlson in the 5th round and used there late third round picks on a OL and a CB, try not using third round picks on a kicker and a back up TE who is on injured reserve.

Nice one

Gee. Do you think they felt they needed a kicker more than aCB or OL that might not even play. The top 16 DBs and top 15 OLs were gone by the time that 3rd round pick came around. I'm sure they looked at who was available at that spot and felt there was more value in a kicker that they needed than a DB or OL that would be a backup at best. Maybe the gys that were there at those positions didn't fit their style.

I seeeee, Bad Moody Rysin, I see trouble on the way
I see pourin rain and lightnin', I see bad times on Sundays!!
Don't go around tonight, Well it's bound to take your life
There's a Bad Moody on the Rise, alright !!

I think Moofy is a good kicker with a monster leg. He had a bad game. Justin Tucker, Vinatieri, and some other legendary kickers had a few bad games early in their careers. I'm still rolling with him.

Maybe don't invite your entire family next time tho
This thread since our last game is so disappointing. It's also clear many of you in this forum need to take a step back and reevaluate. It's a football game, of which we were likely to lose at least some of this season.
Over the top emotional reaction to a single game.

When you whine and you cry, then you cut every guy, that's the WZ.
I love the approach that says as soon as something strays from perfect it needs to be amputated and cauterized immediately.

Nice one

Maybe Kyle didn't look at the rest of the kicker in the draft. Maybe Kyle jump to fast at drafting a Kicker early and he is not think of what happen when Trent William is hurt and who is the back up. Maybe he doesn't think about developing player to start next year and only thinking about this year. Maybe this is the same kind of thing that keeps happening. Like Drafting RBs back to back year and then trading for a RB. How many second and third round pick has he used on WR ????
Ruined our perfect season.

Nice one

Maybe Kyle didn't look at the rest of the kicker in the draft. Maybe Kyle jump to fast at drafting a Kicker early and he is not think of what happen when Trent William is hurt and who is the back up. Maybe he doesn't think about developing player to start next year and only thinking about this year. Maybe this is the same kind of thing that keeps happening. Like Drafting RBs back to back year and then trading for a RB. How many second and third round pick has he used on WR ????

HE KYLE !! HE KYLE !!
Originally posted by WINiner:
This thread since our last game is so disappointing. It's also clear many of you in this forum need to take a step back and reevaluate. It's a football game, of which we were likely to lose at least some of this season.

Whats interesting is the guy was 9/9 until this game. I'm willing to give him a chance.

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by WINiner:

Whats interesting is the guy was 9/9 until this game. I'm willing to give him a chance.
plus XPs
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

That Latu pick was horrendous the moment it was announced I never understood the pick

Honeself, Moody was 9/9 before Sunday. If anything, the Latu pick is looking like it's gonna be pure s**t. He wasn't even going to make the team.

That Latu pick was horrendous the moment it was announced I never understood the pick

Honeself, Moody was 9/9 before Sunday. If anything, the Latu pick is looking like it's gonna be pure s**t. He wasn't even going to make the team.

It's just too bad that the one he happened to miss cost us the game.
Originally posted by Sickaa:

It's just too bad that the one he happened to miss cost us the game.

I agree with all this I don't think Moody is a bad player. However Anders Carlson has started the season 7 for 7 on field goal with 2 - 50 yarder, long being 52 and he was a 6th round pick. Carlson could flame out next week but so could Moody. One is a third round pick and one is a sixth. They could have used the third round picks better then what they have been doing, this is why I think there should have been a change in the front office. I don't think any change are going to be made and there going to keep doing the same thing over again. If they win the Bowl they made the right move. They are thin at OL and CB. If they lose a starting CB or Trent William in the playoff there in trouble.
Originally posted by Crown:
One final test padawan....a pressure last second kick in the elements to win/lose the game.

Share 49ersWebzone