There are 344 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Patton:
Still Rollin with the kid. I'm old enough to remember when people were running Jerry Rices name into the ground his rookie year when he had the drop-sie's.

It's been a little bit of a rocky start for him but the more games and fields he sees, the better he'll get.

In this social media era, they would drag Jerry on their tweeters and instabooks for dropping a pass and would likely call him a reach in the draft because he runs a 4.6.
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by Patton:
Still Rollin with the kid. I'm old enough to remember when people were running Jerry Rices name into the ground his rookie year when he had the drop-sie's.

It's been a little bit of a rocky start for him but the more games and fields he sees, the better he'll get.

In this social media era, they would drag Jerry on their tweeters and instabooks for dropping a pass and would likely call him a reach in the draft because he runs a 4.6.

I perhaps understand the rush to judgement, but let's not do the Moody to Jerry Rice comp.

For some major reasons, WR, you can do a gameday inactive, like we do each week with Danny G, if he's not on IR..
you got other WRs who can play, while your guy develops

kicker is completely different, it's Jake or Wish, and Wish can't hit PATs, that's not his wheelhouse, really it's Jake or go for it
zero time for development, it's all on the job can you do it or not
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I perhaps understand the rush to judgement, but let's not do the Moody to Jerry Rice comp.

For some major reasons, WR, you can do a gameday inactive, like we do each week with Danny G, if he's not on IR..
you got other WRs who can play, while your guy develops

kicker is completely different, it's Jake or Wish, and Wish can't hit PATs, that's not his wheelhouse, really it's Jake or go for it
zero time for development, it's all on the job can you do it or not

Did it perfect for 5 games….
Originally posted by NCommand:
Ruined our perfect season.

Nope sorry.

Football games aren't truly won or lost on a single play. This team shot themselves in the foot time and again against Cleveland and had multiple opportunities to have not found themselves in the position they did at the end of the game, as evidenced in jonnydels video analysis.

This is a team game/team sport and you win and lose as a team.

Except he didn't.

Plenty of our own players made mistakes that hurt us all while Kyle and Wilks could have been better calling this game.

Those other players like Aiyuk who dropped a pass and Purdy who overthrew CMC and others also contributed in other ways put us in a position to win. Aiyuk has 4 catches for 76 yards and Brock led us down the field for a game winning FG attempt.

Moody missed two kicks, including the game winner and did nothing else to contribute. He has only one job. Make FGs. And he didn't come through.

He ruined out perfect season.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Oct 20, 2023 at 2:35 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Nope sorry.

Football games aren't truly won or lost on a single play. This team shot themselves in the foot time and again against Cleveland and had multiple opportunities to have not found themselves in the position they did at the end of the game, as evidenced in jonnydels video analysis.

Except he didn't.

Plenty of our own players made mistakes that hurt us all while Kyle and Wilks could have been better calling this game.

Those other players like Aiyuk who dropped a pass and Purdy who overthrew CMC and others also contributed in other ways put us in a position to win. Aiyuk has 4 catches for 76 yards and Brock led us down the field for a game winning FG attempt.

Moody missed two kicks, including the game winner and did nothing else to contribute. He has only one job. Make FGs. And he didn't come through.

He hadn't missed til that game. No one makes them all, unless you're Gary Anderson who had a perfect regular season and waited until the playoffs to choke away the Vikings super bowl hopes years ago. A 38 YARD KICK IN A DOME, and he was a great vet.

Moody is a rookie. Hate that he missed. He should've made it. But as an individual, I have to be real and can't act like he's suddenly garbage because of one outlier game.

Time will tell for that.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 20, 2023 at 8:07 PM ]
  • bud49
  • Veteran
You would thought the weather would not have a factor on him. After all the crappy weather he kicked in while at U of M.
NEW WEEK FELLAS !! NEW WEEK !!

Bad " Moody " Rysin will be back !!

FOUR FGs this Monday !! 44-43-42-41 !!!
Originally posted by 9moon:
NEW WEEK FELLAS !! NEW WEEK !!

Bad " Moody " Rysin will be back !!

FOUR FGs this Monday !! 44-43-42-41 !!!

Nah he'll be 6 for 6 in extra points
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Nope sorry.

Except he didn't.

Mistakes are mistakes no matter the player making them. Same can be said for coaching mistakes, they are still mistakes made.

By solely blaming one person for the loss, you excuse all of the earlier mistakes this team made. Every single player who made a mistake is supposed to be accountable for their mistakes, this is how team sports work.
Ruined our perfect season
Kyle needed to baby him and use the timeout.
There are a few times seeing Moods kick where it's like ok..that is good form..that's legit.
Other times when he kicks..it looks like he just doesn't gaf. Lol all power but doesn't zone in.

Gould was an fn weather vane. Dialed in AF. Now we are stuck with this guy ugh.

Originally posted by Montana:
There are a few times seeing Moods kick where it's like ok..that is good form..that's legit.
Other times when he kicks..it looks like he just doesn't gaf. Lol all power but doesn't zone in.

We gotta stop saying this unless we're gonna say it about Aiyuk, Brock, Shanahan, Lenoir, Burks, the rest of the defense that got gashed on runs, and every OL that got penalties last week.

They all cost us huge with mistakes that would've made us never ever need a last second field goal.

I love Brock, he's a baller, but he made a bad turnover and missed a wide open touchdown. Love Shanahan, but he could've easily got us closer, and should have, considering the field conditions. Love Aiyuk, but the perfect pass he dropped was a walk-in touchdown. Inexcusable for him.

Moody, who had been perfect so far. was just one of a multitude of players that helped cost us the game last week.
Originally posted by Montana:

I didn't want a perfect season. Teams with the best records in regular season often get upset in the playoffs. The Dolphins were the only team to go undefeated and theydid it in a 14 game season before there were wild card team in the playoffs.

Kickers are taken for granted most of the time except when it's the end of the game and they have a chance to win it. They're in the spotlight unlike the other players that depend on a good block or an accurate throw. Kickers are usually the top scorers on every team but they are never paid like a top skill player. Kickers come and go since they aren't usually a salary cap issue. Miss a couple kicks and they're gone. Bring in a guy off the street. If he doesn't work he's gone.

Kickers in general are the least appreciated and the quickest to get blamed for wins or losses.
I was ok with a perfect season! But was also ok not having a perfect season
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
We gotta stop saying this unless we're gonna say it about Aiyuk, Brock, Shanahan, Lenoir, Burks, the rest of the defense that got gashed on runs, and every OL that got penalties last week.

They all cost us huge with mistakes that would've made us never ever need a last second field goal.

I love Brock, he's a baller, but he made a bad turnover and missed a wide open touchdown. Love Shanahan, but he could've easily got us closer, and should have, considering the field conditions. Love Aiyuk, but the perfect pass he dropped was a walk-in touchdown. Inexcusable for him.

Moody, who had been perfect so far. was just one of a multitude of players that helped cost us the game last week.

The preseason absolutely sucked performance wise from him..sorry but I don't have faith this guy is a superbowl team kicker. Just no.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Every time I watch that kick by Moody go far left it pisses me off. I hope he watches that film and learns from it. Cause I sure has hell have watched it. Better be perfect in a controlled environment can't blame it on the weather if it happens at Minnesota if it does then we know it's going to be a mind thing with him the rest of the year.
[ Edited by bud49 on Oct 21, 2023 at 8:22 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone