Tests confirm 49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk suffered season-ending knee injury →

There are 355 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by bud49:
Every time I watch that kick by Moody go far left it pisses me off. I hope he watches that film and learns from it. Cause I sure has hell have watched it. Better be perfect in a controlled environment can't blame it on the weather if it happens at Minnesota if it does then we know it's going to be a mind thing with him the rest of the year.

Not sure what he can learn from it, the only mental breakdown was he choked, which isn't something he can learn not to do. I'm hoping he's put in another situation with the game on the line, sooner than later, to see if he can bounce back.
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Not sure what he can learn from it, the only mental breakdown was he choked, which isn't something he can learn not to do. I'm hoping he's put in another situation with the game on the line, sooner than later, to see if he can bounce back.

Literally every kicker has missed game winning kicks
Originally posted by frenchmov:

No s**t, but if he misses his VERY NEXT one, it's a problem that needs fixing. If he makes it we'll know something about his mental makeup. The very next time he's in this position, that kick will be in his head, and if he misses it the team cannot roll into the playoffs with him as their kicker.
No s**t, but if he misses his VERY NEXT one, it's a problem that needs fixing. If he makes it we'll know something about his mental makeup. The very next time he's in this position, that kick will be in his head, and if he misses it the team cannot roll into the playoffs with him as their kicker.

Should have stuck with Guitar Hero

I am pretty pro Lynch, and thought Wish was a great pick up. I thought drafting a kicker is also a great idea...just not sure about this one.

Every kicker misses kicks is 100% true....but Moody has a track record of being shaky outside of 40 yards. Take his college kicks and his NFL kicks and he basically a coin flip on 40+ dude was at 66% in college with his two recent misses he has to be in the 50ish percent range.

Maybe the plan is to coach him up, maybe they think they can fix him and rookie kickers are cheap...I dunno... Maybe they thought the 10 to 16 point games are behind them and we just needed a dude to kick off and score extra points

we probably would not even have these fears if Moody was some sort of phenom generational type kicker...a miss would just be a miss, but with him past 40 yards a miss is just more conformation he had issues past 40 yards.

Let's hope he turns into a rockstar....
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Every time I watch that kick by Moody go far left it pisses me off. I hope he watches that film and learns from it. Cause I sure has hell have watched it. Better be perfect in a controlled environment can't blame it on the weather if it happens at Minnesota if it does then we know it's going to be a mind thing with him the rest of the year.

I am eager to see how he does Monday night in prime time. Then again Kyle might have the yips and only let him try something from about 35 and in.
Hope he gets back to making kicks with no issue. Indoors on Monday night should be a good test for him

I think it's in your head. Because he could very well make the next one and miss the one that follows. Does it means he was over it and then it's back in his head? We won't know until there's more data. The problem with data however is that there aren't many opportunities for game winning kicks, so I do understand why someone would be nervous.

He didn't choke, the wind carried it. It happens. Dude made a mistake at work. He simply has to grow and move on.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
I can't rely on him.

Some are making excuses about the elements etc yet the browns kicker (and others) were kicking just fine in weather around the league.
Dude played at Michigan...

Originally posted by Crown:
I can't rely on him.

Some are making excuses about the elements etc yet the browns kicker (and others) were kicking just fine in weather around the league.
Dude played at Michigan...

Ann Arbor isn't located right on one of the great lakes like Cleveland and that stadium is.

And Dustin Hopkins also missed a kick in that same game.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Big game on national tv....this guy has to step up and show his team he's not a choker.
Don't fk up Moody lol
Originally posted by Dshearn:

I am pretty pro Lynch, and thought Wish was a great pick up. I thought drafting a kicker is also a great idea...just not sure about this one.

Every kicker misses kicks is 100% true....but Moody has a track record of being shaky outside of 40 yards. Take his college kicks and his NFL kicks and he basically a coin flip on 40+ dude was at 66% in college with his two recent misses he has to be in the 50ish percent range.

Maybe the plan is to coach him up, maybe they think they can fix him and rookie kickers are cheap...I dunno... Maybe they thought the 10 to 16 point games are behind them and we just needed a dude to kick off and score extra points

we probably would not even have these fears if Moody was some sort of phenom generational type kicker...a miss would just be a miss, but with him past 40 yards a miss is just more conformation he had issues past 40 yards.

That is a bit of an exaggeration I think. He was 6 of 7 from 40-49 yards his last season at Michigan. That is 86%. An yes he went 2 of 6 from over 50, which isn't great, but when you consider it was 50 yarder a 50 yarder a 62 yarder and a 67 yarder that he missed I think that becomes a bit more understandable.

The kid is pretty good in my opinion an I think we all need to give him a chance. I know we used a late 3rd on him an some don't like that, but the fact is he has only missed 2 kicks this season an they were both in the last game in the rain and wind.
Originally posted by 49ers18:
Originally posted by Dshearn:

That is a bit of an exaggeration I think. He was 6 of 7 from 40-49 yards his last season at Michigan. That is 86%. An yes he went 2 of 6 from over 50, which isn't great, but when you consider it was 50 yarder a 50 yarder a 62 yarder and a 67 yarder that he missed I think that becomes a bit more understandable.

The kid is pretty good in my opinion an I think we all need to give him a chance. I know we used a late 3rd on him an some don't like that, but the fact is he has only missed 2 kicks this season an they were both in the last game in the rain and wind.

I was just parroting what NFL.com said in his scouting report...basically that he was 66% from 40+ the last 2 years in college.

It is a glass half empty or half full conversation I suppose. In the end people either have faith in him or don't.

Lett's hope for the best
Share 49ersWebzone