There are 261 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
I'm glad he hit that last big long one and it restores some confidence. The 55 yarder.

But how the hell can you consistently hit 55 - 61 yard FG's? But you can't hit 40, 41 yarders?

Somebody explain that to me.

I think he slipped on his missed kick today, but like you said, It was nice to see him get one at least.

I thought hitting the long one later was really big for him and the team. I just don't understand missing the easier ones. I hope he cleans it up.

Rookie ups and downs. I'm not worried about him at this point. The defense and offensive line are bigger problems imo.

Yeah him hitting that 55 eases things a bit. That d is a major concern, can't even get pressure now along with wills garbage philosophy in the secondary it's gonna get ugly. I'm f**king tired of this d giving up 80 plus drives and NEVER getting off 3rd down. It's 3rd and 12 and they easily convert with no one near

I am 100% with you. Makes no sense to me regarding the defense. Hopefully Moody blossoms into a machine.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
I'm glad he hit that last big long one and it restores some confidence. The 55 yarder.

But how the hell can you consistently hit 55 - 61 yard FG's? But you can't hit 40, 41 yarders?

Somebody explain that to me.

I think he slipped on his missed kick today, but like you said, It was nice to see him get one at least.

I thought hitting the long one later was really big for him and the team. I just don't understand missing the easier ones. I hope he cleans it up.

Rookie ups and downs. I'm not worried about him at this point. The defense and offensive line are bigger problems imo.

Yeah him hitting that 55 eases things a bit. That d is a major concern, can't even get pressure now along with wills garbage philosophy in the secondary it's gonna get ugly. I'm f**king tired of this d giving up 80 plus drives and NEVER getting off 3rd down. It's 3rd and 12 and they easily convert with no one near

Yeah you can't win many games like that. We will lose a lot of them.
"I want my kickers like a box of chocolates...never know what you gonna get"

Said no coach ever
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
"I want my kickers like a box of chocolates...never know what you gonna get"

Said no coach ever

That long kick was pretty dope tho
If he hadn't missed that 40 yarder, we would have only needed a FG at the end to win.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
If he hadn't missed that 40 yarder, we would have only needed a FG at the end to win.

Yup. Last week we would have been in a better position to win it too if he made the first one.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Still don't trust him come playoff time

We won't be seeing the playoffs if the team continues to play like this.

Wasting a third round on this guy was a giant mistake.
[ Edited by HONEYBADGER on Oct 23, 2023 at 10:47 PM ]

Yep..pretty ass if u ask me
Originally posted by HONEYBADGER:
We won't be seeing the playoffs if the team continues to play like this.

Wasting a third round on this guy was a giant mistake.

It's been 5 years since we had any contribution from a 3rd rounder. Obviously we hit on Warner, but then whiff after whiff.

Jalen Hurd, Trey Sermon, Ambry Thomas, TDP, Danny Gray, now Latu and Moody.

Good thing we have 5th rounders though.
Cost us another game.

missed FG killed us. It would have been 20-22 and we could have kicked a FG to win

Without home field advantage and the extra week off, we were done anyhow. At least we know early now.
Originally posted by Eli_23:
Cost us another game.

missed FG killed us. It would have been 20-22 and we could have kicked a FG to win

Not when the QB throws a ball up for grabs. By the way I assume you saw the Vikings kicker miss an EXTRA POINT and a FG. If he hadn't missed the extra point then the best the Niners could have done is tie the game with a FG.

Kickers miss. So do QBs. It's football.
Even if he makes the 40-yarder he probably misses the game-winner

Another awful draft pick. I saw it coming a million miles away too with Aguayo already being a massive history lesson every team should've read.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Yup. Last week we would have been in a better position to win it too if he made the first one.

Gee whiz. If CMC hadn't fumbled on that first drive the Niners probably would have been ahead. If Brock hadn't thrown 2 INTs maybe the Niners win in the 4th quarter. If the defense played well instead of like a last place team then the Vikings wouldn't have rolled up 458 yards.

Woulda, coulda, shouda.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Gee whiz. If CMC hadn't fumbled on that first drive the Niners probably would have been ahead. If Brock hadn't thrown 2 INTs maybe the Niners win in the 4th quarter. If the defense played well instead of like a last place team then the Vikings wouldn't have rolled up 458 yards.

Woulda, coulda, shouda.

All these things are true. The difference is CMC and Purdy contributed in other ways to help us win and have shown in the past they can get it done.

This guy was awful in preseason, kicked off out of bounds, and has missed three kicks in the last two games and his only job is to basically hit fgs. The worst was missing the game winner against Cleveland. We can't count on him.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Oct 24, 2023 at 7:59 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone