There are 292 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
dude messed up the team morale off the jump. F*ck this guy to the fullest. Why is he still on the team?
PERSONALLY, I was thinking last night that had he missed that 50 yarder, he GONE.. he GONE!!
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
dude messed up the team morale off the jump. F*ck this guy to the fullest. Why is he still on the team?

When you have a kicker missing kicks when you need them most it definitely hurts morale. This is the situation we are in, hopefully he turns in around he's still a rookie. Us 9er fans have been spoiled with aces like Joe Nedney, David Akers, and Robbie Gould. These past years not superstars but we are accustomed to hitting those 40-50 no problem.

It's a bad time considering we have a superbowl shot but let's let him develop
Originally posted by Since07:
When you have a kicker missing kicks when you need them most it definitely hurts morale. This is the situation we are in, hopefully he turns in around he's still a rookie. Us 9er fans have been spoiled with aces like Joe Nedney, David Akers, and Robbie Gould. These past years not superstars but we are accustomed to hitting those 40-50 no problem.

It's a bad time considering we have a superbowl shot but let's let him develop

Ironically Akers was missing a ton of kicks the year we went to the SB. Like, it was pretty bad and he wasn't reliable.
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
If he hadn't missed that 40 yarder, we would have only needed a FG at the end to win.

Yep..pretty ass if u ask me

The Vikings kicker also missed one towards the end too. It works both ways. You aren't gonna win many games when the team plays like that.
Going 1 of 2 made me feel a little bit better about him, but still shaky. Been said before that all kickers miss, which is true, but he's gotta get better. He didn't cost us this game, but I'm still unsure.
I was glad to see him make all his kicks after the miss, including the long FG. That to me at least indicates he has the "just worry about the next one" mentality a kicker needs.
I like the ability to bounce back from mistakes, but we still need you to do better, Moody.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by Eli_23:
Cost us another game.

missed FG killed us. It would have been 20-22 and we could have kicked a FG to win

Not when the QB throws a ball up for grabs. By the way I assume you saw the Vikings kicker miss an EXTRA POINT and a FG. If he hadn't missed the extra point then the best the Niners could have done is tie the game with a FG.

Kickers miss. So do QBs. It's football.

Maher missed a couple FGs yesterday and they kicked his ass to the curb.

Kickers who frequently miss normally end up unemployed.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Without home field advantage and the extra week off, we were done anyhow. At least we know early now.

I wish the Cowboys had given up on thoughts of homefield after we whipped them in 95. Would've changed the course of history.

Originally posted by TyCore:
Maher missed a couple FGs yesterday and they kicked his ass to the curb.

Kickers who frequently miss normally end up unemployed.

so you are saying, he's available?
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Oct 24, 2023 at 2:04 PM ]
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Without home field advantage and the extra week off, we were done anyhow. At least we know early now.

I wish the Cowboys had given up on thoughts of homefield after we whipped them in 95. Would've changed the course of history.

Yeah the Packers would have been SB champs instead
I noticed the 32 teams about kick goal for most use on hash to made goal kick.. I just study other the 32 teams goal kick with hash for made it. Head coach should study and his doing job..
Here are some great kickers (and some recent Niner kickers) and how they did in their first 14 field goal attempts in the NFL:

Justin Tucker: 13 for 14 (greatest kicker of all time....dont debate me)
Morton Andersen: 8 for 14
Adam Vinatieri: 9 for 14
Stephen Gostkowski: 10 for 14
Gary Anderson: 10 for 14
Jason Hanson: 10 for 14
Jason Elam: 11 for 14
Sebastian Janikowski: 7 for 14
David Akers: 9 for 14
Joe Nedney: 9 for 14
Robbie Gould: 10 for 14

Jake Moody: 11 for 14

Have some perspective, people.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Here are some great kickers (and some recent Niner kickers) and how they did in their first 14 field goal attempts in the NFL:

Justin Tucker: 13 for 14 (greatest kicker of all time....dont debate me)
Morton Andersen: 8 for 14
Adam Vinatieri: 9 for 14
Stephen Gostkowski: 10 for 14
Gary Anderson: 10 for 14
Jason Hanson: 10 for 14
Jason Elam: 11 for 14
Sebastian Janikowski: 7 for 14
David Akers: 9 for 14
Joe Nedney: 9 for 14
Robbie Gould: 10 for 14

Jake Moody: 11 for 14

Have some perspective, people.

it's not the misses, it's the fact he seemingly had the yips in preseason, he'll miss in bunches, Maher the king of this
so when he missed a gw field goal, and followed it up with a similar miss in a dome, I was wondering if, here we go again
Share 49ersWebzone