There are 282 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Nobody talking about his kickoffs that have gone out of bounds?

Dude is not particularly accurate. Maybe that's something kickers develop over time. I've literally never followed a kicker from his rookie season. But thus far his inaccuracy has been unacceptable. If it isn't choking under pressure, and it's just random accuracy, what's the difference? Dude needs to start hitting kicks.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Don't cost us another one, rookie.

I hoe the fans don't boo this guy when he comes on the field to try a FG. That's the last thing a rookie needs to hear.

They should boo his ass. Let's see now and once and for all if he has the mental fortitude that is required of an NFL kicker.
Bad Moody Rysin READY ???
Mental midget
Originally posted by 9moon:
Bad Moody Rysin READY ???

He sure loves brushing up against the goalpost.
Wilks and Moody were mistakes this off-season.
2 for 2?
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
MONEY MOODY EVEN WITH THE PICK PRESSURE AND 3RD KICK
He made 2 FG's by about 1 inch. But they went in. On the 2nd FG both practice kicks went right in the middle. He almost missed the 3rd kick.

Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Dude is not particularly accurate. Maybe that's something kickers develop over time. I've literally never followed a kicker from his rookie season. But thus far his inaccuracy has been unacceptable. If it isn't choking under pressure, and it's just random accuracy, what's the difference? Dude needs to start hitting kicks.

This is what I'm left to hope, Moody has a good leg on him but he's consistently inaccurate. Can someone point to a kicker that took time to develop?

We've been spoiled with Joe Nedney, David Akers, and Robbie Gould the last couple of decades but man every time Moody attempts a kick even from 30 yards out I'm gritting my teeth. Imagine a playoff game

I havent seen inaccuracy. I'm seeing some consistently stay to the right this game. He's a rook right?

This can be tweaked. I'm not seeing kicks go randomly all over the place tho,....so he's not a HOFer yet but it's possible you guys are exaggerating some due to what you've gotten used to with Gould. And Gould just couldnt play "forever",...nor could he kick for 55 yards or beyond anymore.
HIS NAME IS CLUTCH!!!
Originally posted by billbird2111:
HIS NAME IS CLUTCH!!!

Huh?

Glad he made the goals tho lol
Originally posted by Since07:
This is what I'm left to hope, Moody has a good leg on him but he's consistently inaccurate. Can someone point to a kicker that took time to develop?

We've been spoiled with Joe Nedney, David Akers, and Robbie Gould the last couple of decades but man every time Moody attempts a kick even from 30 yards out I'm gritting my teeth. Imagine a playoff game

Dan Carlson's a good example.

Drafted by the Vikings, was cut after he missed two FGs against Green Bay in his second game.

Signed with the Raiders and has been pretty good since then.
Originally posted by Since07:

Get ready to imagine a playoff game. A playoff game that may come down to a Moody boot to pull out a win. Against Philadelphia perhaps? In the NFC Championship Game? In Philadelphia? It could very well come down to that…
Share 49ersWebzone