There are 226 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Since07:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Dude is not particularly accurate. Maybe that's something kickers develop over time. I've literally never followed a kicker from his rookie season. But thus far his inaccuracy has been unacceptable. If it isn't choking under pressure, and it's just random accuracy, what's the difference? Dude needs to start hitting kicks.

This is what I'm left to hope, Moody has a good leg on him but he's consistently inaccurate. Can someone point to a kicker that took time to develop?

We've been spoiled with Joe Nedney, David Akers, and Robbie Gould the last couple of decades but man every time Moody attempts a kick even from 30 yards out I'm gritting my teeth. Imagine a playoff game

Gould was 19/20 on PAT and 21/27 FG his rookie year. Not sure if it's developing or adjusting, but I imagine most rooks aren't perfect.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Get ready to imagine a playoff game. A playoff game that may come down to a Moody boot to pull out a win. Against Philadelphia perhaps? In the NFC Championship Game? In Philadelphia? It could very well come down to that…

I don't want to imagine me dying lol
14/17 after 9 games.

I mean, if you told me that would be his stat line now I would say OK that's pretty solid.

Needs to make a game winner to get that off his mind/chest, but he's doing better than people are acting like.

So far at least, he's been formidable.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
14/17 after 9 games.

I mean, if you told me that would be his stat line now I would say OK that's pretty solid.

Needs to make a game winner to get that off his mind/chest, but he's doing better than people are acting like.

What was that deal at the half? When he had two practice tries and then he snook the third one inside the uprights. They never said what went on there I thought the Jags may have tried to take another TO
14/17 after 9 games.

Originally posted by bud49:
14/17 after 9 games.

What was that deal at the half? When he had two practice tries and then he snook the third one inside the uprights. They never said what went on there I thought the Jags may have tried to take another TO

That's what it looked like to me. I think the officials gave them a pass. It sure seemed like they tried to call it and take the penalty just to make Moody do it a third time and as far as I can tell, the refs essentially allowed them to do it without penalizing them.
like 5 games today came down to the kicker.
When fans hate Moody but he still made all of his kicks today.

He has a strong ass leg but has no clue where it's going

gotta do a prayer before each kick
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
He has a strong ass leg but has no clue where it's going

gotta do a prayer before each kick

Jimmy tricked us again !!

We could have gotten Aubrey as UDFA just like Dallas has done.
4/4 from 50+ and perfect for the season...and didnt have to spend a third round pick to get him
Loved how he made the 39 yarder today just barely but missed the game winner earlier by maybe those 2 yards... Hopefully coaching is smart enough not to blow 46 seconds and assume he can make even all his chipshots under pressure.

Get it as close as possible and assume he can miss from any distance imo...
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
We could have gotten Aubrey as UDFA just like Dallas has done.
4/4 from 50+ and perfect for the season...and didnt have to spend a third round pick to get him

He will slump too. He won't always be that good. Moody has a much bigger leg.
This dude sucks. His names are so close to being misses. He's going to cost this team another game this season. Hopefully it won't be in the post season.
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Originally posted by Since07:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Dude is not particularly accurate. Maybe that's something kickers develop over time. I've literally never followed a kicker from his rookie season. But thus far his inaccuracy has been unacceptable. If it isn't choking under pressure, and it's just random accuracy, what's the difference? Dude needs to start hitting kicks.

This is what I'm left to hope, Moody has a good leg on him but he's consistently inaccurate. Can someone point to a kicker that took time to develop?

We've been spoiled with Joe Nedney, David Akers, and Robbie Gould the last couple of decades but man every time Moody attempts a kick even from 30 yards out I'm gritting my teeth. Imagine a playoff game

Gould was 19/20 on PAT and 21/27 FG his rookie year. Not sure if it's developing or adjusting, but I imagine most rooks aren't perfect.
I believe Daniel Carlson got cut by the Vikings before latching on with the Raiders. Look how that turned out. Hopefully Moody's career follows a similar path just without the being cut part.
Share 49ersWebzone