49ers remain on losing side of Chiefs rivalry in 28-18 defeat →

There are 433 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
When fans hate Moody but he still made all of his kicks today.

Spot on!
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Loved how he made the 39 yarder today just barely but missed the game winner earlier by maybe those 2 yards... Hopefully coaching is smart enough not to blow 46 seconds and assume he can make even all his chipshots under pressure.

Get it as close as possible and assume he can miss from any distance imo...

I'm not sure on getting closer would work for Moody. As soon as he get to 55 yards, shut it down and let him kick. Anything inside of that is going to be an adventure. Ha
Teams are going to ice him every time he has a meaningful kick on the line. Hopefully it's something he can get over but his kicks are so erratic you just never know how it's going to go.
Rookie or not, the fate of any game here on out this season should not ride on Moodys ability to make the kick.
The Niners win 34-3 and fans need to find fault with the kicker who didn't miss any kicks. Wow.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
The Niners win 34-3 and fans need to find fault with the kicker who didn't miss any kicks. Wow.

We're so spoiled by Gould in the playoffs. It's a very high bar to reach. I think he can work on his technique to reduce some of the inaccuracy concerns. He needs a more smooth and consistent approach and follow-through. One of his first kicks of the year had this weird hitch mid-flight and even though it ended up being a bullseye it looked like it was going to be off. With this said, I hope he can prove he doesn't melt under pressure and hits a couple of high drama kicks in the reg season before the playoffs. Then again, not really :)
Originally posted by 49erKing:

We're so spoiled by Gould in the playoffs. It's a very high bar to reach. I think he can work on his technique to reduce some of the inaccuracy concerns. He needs a more smooth and consistent approach and follow-through. One of his first kicks of the year had this weird hitch mid-flight and even though it ended up being a bullseye it looked like it was going to be off. With this said, I hope he can prove he doesn't melt under pressure and hits a couple of high drama kicks in the reg season before the playoffs. Then again, not really :)

I've noticed that with several kickers. I don't know what causes that. It's like a pitcher throwing a slider that starts out of the strike zone and then breaks back in.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Nov 13, 2023 at 7:48 AM ]
  • Disp
  • Veteran

He kicked 2 field goals and both barely went in. The longest one was 39 yards. Those are gimme field goals for anyone not named Jose Cortez, so good job that he actually made them, but there's definitely some concern.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Moody makes me nervous, but something tells me this kid is gonna solidify his job with the 9ers for years to come. He'll miss from time to time, just don't frickin miss in the Super Bowl!!!!
I'm still pissed at him for blowing that kick, but it's mostly for Brock. He should be credited with a comeback win, our record should be 7-2. If he continues playing well, it may be forgotten, but that's what it'll take.
He is kinda like a kicker version of Jimmy G. For the most part Jimmy got the job done as a 49er, but it was often a very scary ride.

Originally posted by Disp:

He kicked 2 field goals and both barely went in. The longest one was 39 yards. Those are gimme field goals for anyone not named Jose Cortez, so good job that he actually made them, but there's definitely some concern.

He made all his FG's and extra points though. They went in right?

Seeing how Moody's kicks seem to have a right slice to them, I'm wondering if Kyle should call plays to keep him off the right hash whenever possible.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Still fair to critique and be a bit concerned about it, just like Purdy's first touchdown pass. Sure he doesn't deserve to be roasted, but who wasn't at least a little bit worried every time he lined up to kick?
[ Edited by Disp on Nov 13, 2023 at 10:38 AM ]
Did they ever explain why it took so long for them to finally allow the kick before halftime? Dude made both practice kicks and I was getting infuriated at them taking so long to finally let him kick it for real. It's like even the refs were trying super hard to ice him or something (and it almost worked! Thankfully it didn't!)
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Still fair to critique and be a bit concerned about it, just like Purdy's first touchdown pass. Sure he doesn't deserve to be roasted, but who wasn't at least a little bit worried every time he lined up to kick?

They went in by about 1/2 inch each. It was a little shaky. But they still WENT IN. So that's not really bad I suppose. I would rather see the middle of the uprights too. But it doesn't always go that way.
Share 49ersWebzone