There are 943 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by SFVNiner:
The one thing I'll say about this kid Is Unless he turns out to be the next Morten Anderson, he'll never live up to the value of his draft position.
Don't mean to start an argument but for now, he makes me nervous and I hope he is not in the position for game winners this season. Perhaps the year experience will serve him well.

He's fine. It's a compensatory 3rd. Which is like a 4th. His percentage is good. One doosy in Cleveland. He hit almost all FG's and every extra point. He has hit some long bombs in College and pros. The leg is very good.
I will add, enjoy seeing the kicks deep in the end zone unlike Robbie.
The one thing I'll say about this kid Is Unless he turns out to be the next Morten Anderson, he'll never live up to the value of his draft position.
Don't mean to start an argument but for now, he makes me nervous and I hope he is not in the position for game winners this season. Perhaps the year experience will serve him well.

I think you are exaggerating a bit here. If he has a good career here i think he absolutely will live up to expectations.
BAD MOODY RYSIN to go 4 fo 4 this weekend !!! FOH FO FOHHH !!!
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by thl408:
Put it this way, no kicker aims for juuust inside the uprights. It's an adventure watching him kick.

An adventure? Like going off the free fall ride at Great America type of adventure? Lolol

A butt clenching experience.
What was concerning was on, and can't recall what kick it was, they called a TO and he just piped it down the middle. Then when the actual kick came up he pushed it right and just inside the uprights.

That was his 3rd kick at it. Jags iced him, then he took another that was cancelled for a TV commercial break that wasn't notified to the officials.

He then had to come out and take it a 3rd time after the commercial break.
[ Edited by Buchy on Nov 14, 2023 at 10:56 PM ]
Originally posted by miked1978:

I think you are exaggerating a bit here. If he has a good career here i think he absolutely will live up to expectations.

agreed

its a bit ridiculous how fans view mid-round draft picks do you know the % of 3rd round picks that stay with he team past the rookie contract?

its so low. Fans i feel are so unrealistic they expect every draft pick to hit. If Moody stays with the team past first contract he is already worth the pick
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by miked1978:

agreed

its a bit ridiculous how fans view mid-round draft picks do you know the % of 3rd round picks that stay with he team past the rookie contract?

its so low. Fans i feel are so unrealistic they expect every draft pick to hit. If Moody stays with the team past first contract he is already worth the pick

It is a weird bias with numbers. I get it, but they addressed an obvious need. I mean there were a few o line guys I liked there, but with the Kicker they knew they had their Kicker etc. Not the end of the world to me and a way better pick than Solomon Thomas or Foster lol
I seeeeee Bad MOODY Rysin !!!

4 FGs today!! 4 FGs toooooodayyyy !!!!!
hey he didnt suck today

arrow up
Keep all his kicks under 40 and he probably will only choke away one or two the rest of the year.

Anything 40 or over better get it closer...
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Keep all his kicks under 40 and he probably will only choke away one or two the rest of the year.

Anything 40 or over better get it closer...

Unless it's 55 - 61. He hits those. It's 41 - 54 where he struggles.

He's perfect at home so far!
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
It is a weird bias with numbers. I get it, but they addressed an obvious need. I mean there were a few o line guys I liked there, but with the Kicker they knew they had their Kicker etc. Not the end of the world to me and a way better pick than Solomon Thomas or Foster lol

Good post.
Moody is fine
[ Edited by Stanley on Nov 20, 2023 at 7:30 PM ]
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Stanley:
Moody is fine

he is fine but needs to work on the +40s - ironically why Gould was put out to pasture.
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by Stanley:
Moody is fine

he is fine but needs to work on the +40s - ironically why Gould was put out to pasture.

Personally, he NEEDED to make that winning FG against the Browns... his confident level would be closer to the MAX had he made it..

but now, I'm sure he questions his self IF he'll ever get another shot like that again..
Share 49ersWebzone