Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by Stanley:
Moody is fine

he is fine but needs to work on the +40s - ironically why Gould was put out to pasture.

Personally, he NEEDED to make that winning FG against the Browns... his confident level would be closer to the MAX had he made it..

but now, I'm sure he questions his self IF he'll ever get another shot like that again..

totally agree.
Moody is fine

he is fine but needs to work on the +40s - ironically why Gould was put out to pasture.

Personally, he NEEDED to make that winning FG against the Browns... his confident level would be closer to the MAX had he made it..

but now, I'm sure he questions his self IF he'll ever get another shot like that again..

totally agree.

I hope he gets that shot again soon. It will either give him the confidence he needs or force the FO to make a decision before the postseason. I'd rather answer this question before the playoffs.
fg kick before the half right down the pipe.
Is he just incapable of kicking it into the endzone on kickoffs? I thought one of the reasons we got him was for his strong leg, but it seems like he can't do it unless he gets the extra 15 yards due to a penalty. Hopefully the coaches are not telling him to keep the ball in play, because that is stupid with the defense we have.
Time for props? Made what like 10 straight?
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Is he just incapable of kicking it into the endzone on kickoffs? I thought one of the reasons we got him was for his strong leg, but it seems like he can't do it unless he gets the extra 15 yards due to a penalty. Hopefully the coaches are not telling him to keep the ball in play, because that is stupid with the defense we have.

I'm wondering the same thing.

I see a lot of people are saying he kicks it short because that's what the coaches want but I can't believe that. That would be an absolute terrible coaching decision. Seems like if we get a great stop we stop a few yards short of the 25 but there are plenty of times where things don't go well and they get it at the 30+. Why would anyone coach that with the reward so small?

I remember listening to a pod last year and it's by design to drop it around the 1 yard line. Sometimes it works but it can also burn you if you're up against a quality returning and blocking unit.
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
Time for props? Made what like 10 straight?

Why not? It's not always pretty but the end results are the same.

I mean that's been pretty much every kick and every kicker for how long? I get Gould was at the end of the line so I get your argument. But when you see it over and over again I think the default answer is it probably is by design, poor design or not.
Did Gould sign w/anyone or is he still in Limbo?

Of course he's capable. The coaches are having him do it. Watch his run ups on a lot of these kickoffs. They are short. He's intentionally doing it.
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Moody is fine

totally agree.

I hope he gets that shot again soon. It will either give him the confidence he needs or force the FO to make a decision before the postseason. I'd rather answer this question before the playoffs.
Not me I hope we smoke every team from here on out all the way to number six making Moody irrelevant.
Originally posted by NCommand:

I remember listening to a pod last year and it's by design to drop it around the 1 yard line. Sometimes it works but it can also burn you if you're up against a quality returning and blocking unit.

I think you're right. He kicks very high arcs too. I guess to try and pin them deep? Other guys hit line drives out of the end zone. I'd rather they just do that.
See even Justin Tucker is capable of missing a very makeable FG.

• JMC52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Did Gould sign w/anyone or is he still in Limbo?

I don't think he ever played for the packers
Share 49ersWebzone