There are 262 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BrockIsHim:
Let's just pray that in the playoffs it doesn't come down to Moody winning the game.

That's like saying that I hope the 4th quarter doesn't come down to Brock not throwing an INT. He misses those early FGs and it's going to haunt him forever? Players make mistakes. QBs throw INTs. Kicker miss kicks (even extra points). Linemen miss blocks and get called for holding. WRs drop passes.

It's not a game where everyone plays perfectly all the time.
His kickoffs need to be deep into the end zone. No returns with all the injuries we have. No Odum, maybe no Mason.
Unless it's a monsoon with swirling winds take no chances. I don't trust our coverage unit and Moody is still a work in progress
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by BrockIsHim:
Let's just pray that in the playoffs it doesn't come down to Moody winning the game.

That's like saying that I hope the 4th quarter doesn't come down to Brock not throwing an INT. He misses those early FGs and it's going to haunt him forever? Players make mistakes. QBs throw INTs. Kicker miss kicks (even extra points). Linemen miss blocks and get called for holding. WRs drop passes.

It's not a game where everyone plays perfectly all the time.

My point being, you want the game in the hands (or foot) of your best players when it matters. I believe Moody is a good player, but I would rather have CMC at the goaline to run it in for the win. Moody is a bit of an unknown for those big moments, and honestly, hasn't instilled much confidence after CLE.
Titans kicker missed the go ahead extra point. Making it still tied 25 - 25. So not every NFL kicker is always perfect as you see.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Titans kicker missed the go ahead extra point. Making it still tied 25 - 25. So not every NFL kicker is always perfect as you see.

Truth!
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by 9moon:
THAT was the HC's fault.. he coulda ran the ball for another 7 yards.. but was too DINGY to just down the ball..

It was a damn 41 yard FG, it's not like Jake Elliot making a 59 yarder in the rain the other night

The thing is 40 yarders are only 85% success. If he had for instance got the 7 extra yards, 33 yarders are 94%. Basically those 7 yards make it 3x more likely he makes it (15% vs 6%). Plus you need to account for the rookie kicker pressure etc...

I agree with moon given the fact that we had the time and the timeout to get it closer.

I would not count on moody in the clutch unless it's less than 40 yards imo.

Better to just have purdy throw TDs.

We have not had to see any clutch kicks since the browns game so it's still somewhat of an unknown on moody in the clutch. We should make it as easy as possible.
Easy to praise him when he's not even needed. Until he kicks a clutch game winner, he's still the dude that cost Purdy a comeback win and what would right now be the #1 seed. His extra points looked good though.
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Easy to praise him when he's not even needed. Until he kicks a clutch game winner, he's still the dude that cost Purdy a comeback win and what would right now be the #1 seed. His extra points looked good though.

I mean lets be honest Purdy did not play well that game at all that game was lost before the last drive.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Truth!

That was a clunker. Imagine if Moody did that.
Originally posted by ritz126:
I mean lets be honest Purdy did not play well that game at all that game was lost before the last drive.

How do you figure the game was lost before the last drive? Brock didn't play excellent but he did exactly what he needed to do by driving them down the field for a short FG attempt.

Originally posted by illinois9er:
How do you figure the game was lost before the last drive? Brock didn't play excellent but he did exactly what he needed to do by driving them down the field for a short FG attempt.

i mean we didn't play well at all we looked beat up and tired like if we won we stole that game because we were not the better team that day.. Our only TD drive came after an int where we were inside the 10 outside that we had only 3 drives all game that lasted for than 6 plays

We had ample opportunities before the last drive to get a win but we had so many drives that we couldn't move the ball at all

EDT: we had 5 3 and outs in the second half. Purdy had 125 yards total I'm just saying that was not a good game overall
[ Edited by ritz126 on Dec 4, 2023 at 6:33 AM ]
I have voiced my concerns about Moody all season but I loved him nailing that one XP to shut up that obnoxious Eagle fan shouting to holy hell that he sucks.
Jaguars kicker just missed.

Moody tied the record for the most extra points made without a miss (since moving the extra point back)
Jaguars kicker just missed.

Jaguars FG kicker just missed 2 in a row. I can only imagine if it was Moody.

Share 49ersWebzone