There are 274 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ritz126:
Moody tied the record for the most extra points made without a miss (since moving the extra point back)

He's good. People over hype how bad he is.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

If he didn't miss that game-winner the whole narative would be different.People would be calling him elite.
Originally posted by JTB1974:

If he didn't miss that game-winner the whole narative would be different.People would be calling him elite.

He hit most of the stuff all year. 1 miss in the wind and rain on the road. It's not that bad.
Moody 71/74 on all kicks this year. Including making every single extra point.

Really not as bad as you guys claim. Very good actually.

I did like he was kicking the ball out of the back of the endzone on kickoffs.

but it seems like a lot of those kicks got dangerously close to the side and were not down the middle as much. Was getting worried that one was going to hit out of bounds.

Yes, he's been money since the mini slump, absolutely no question about it.

But kickers are mental. We've seen kickers go from all-pro to out of the league in a couple years after a bad miss.

We still need to see how he responds with the game on the line, or at least a closer game, to gauge where he is in that situation, IMO.

That being said, I'm back to being confident in him.
Yeah but can he return punts?
I predict Moody has to hit a game winner on Christmas... would love to see him get that monkey off his back before the playoffs.
Jake Moody FG - 18 / 21 = 85.7% - 57 long.

53 / 53 extra points = 100%.

Justin Tucker FG - 27 / 32 = 84.4% - 50 long.

39 / 40 extra points = 97.5%

Tucker is an elite hall of famer. Moody is a bust. Picked too high. We should have picked something else with the 3rd round compensatory pick.

So goes the WZ narrative.

This

Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

This

you could say the same about Scott Norwood

Tucker is an elite hall of famer. Moody is a bust. Picked too high. We should have picked something else with the 3rd round compensatory pick.

This is why people expect perfection from Purdy is bc where he was picked. If he would've been a 6/7th round pick nobody would be complaining.

My biggest worry was how he was gonna handle the pressure. Outside of that missed game winner he's been very good. While history shows that high drafted kickers usually turn out to be awful, but he's handled the high draft picks pressure and being on a SB contending team very well.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/jake-moody-49ers-nfl-highest-drafted-kickers/hlxek3a3ggjwlvxaibq5bm64

Outside of Janokowski they've all been very bad.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

This is why people expect perfection from Purdy is bc where he was picked. If he would've been a 6/7th round pick nobody would be complaining.

My biggest worry was how he was gonna handle the pressure. Outside of that missed game winner he's been very good. While history shows that high drafted kickers usually turn out to be awful, but he's handled the high draft picks pressure and being on a SB contending team very well.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/jake-moody-49ers-nfl-highest-drafted-kickers/hlxek3a3ggjwlvxaibq5bm64

Outside of Janokowski they've all been very bad.

I think he's actually been good and will be fine. One miss in Cleveland. Very solid otherwise. He has a strong leg and is mostly money.

the mendoza line is 80% and really you want to be above 83% to be safe, and he's getting it done
I just don't get sometimes why we pass up the long bomb FG, particularly at end of half
he can hit from 60+
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

the mendoza line is 80% and really you want to be above 83% to be safe, and he's getting it done
I just don't get sometimes why we pass up the long bomb FG, particularly at end of half
he can hit from 60+

It was a 67 yarder, would've broke the record...if we were down and desperately needed points sure take the chance. Otherwise there's a higher chance of the kick getting blocked or being short and returned, or something else happening, than that kick going in.
[ Edited by GoreGoreGore on Dec 18, 2023 at 11:35 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone