There are 147 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Chiefs kicker missed a gimmie FG. See sometimes NFL kickers MISS. I can only imagine how much you guys would be crying.

Middle of the game is fine. Doing it for the Game Winner is a little different.

It's not really fine anytime.
Very solid rookie season! And, consistently putting his kickoffs through the end zone.
Packers kicker missed 5 extra points. I can only imagine what you guys would say if Moody did that.

He still owe us a game winner...
Packers kicker missed 5 extra points. I can only imagine what you guys would say if Moody did that.

Like Eddie once told the media about Trestman.. " He's Gone "
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
moody is 53/53 on xpm

brandon aubrey is 31/31 on fgs but 40/43 on xpm

weird

Moody just isn't getting any more shots at FGs the way the offense is humming. At least now if he heads out for one he won't feel as much pressure.

Hes 0-1 in pressured kicks. Lets just hope those 53 xpm have given him confidence to where that that missed kick is a thing of the past and becomes who we drafted him to be "Money Moody".

He's been awesome.
money moody
Originally posted by random49er:
moody is 53/53 on xpm

weird

Moody just isn't getting any more shots at FGs the way the offense is humming. At least now if he heads out for one he won't feel as much pressure.

Hes 0-1 in pressured kicks. Lets just hope those 53 xpm have given him confidence to where that that missed kick is a thing of the past and becomes who we drafted him to be "Money Moody".

He's been awesome.

He's been really good and reliable overall. He even has deep range. If not for Aubrey this has been one of the best young kickers in the league this year. The WZ way over hypes his struggles. He's playing great.
Wish I had more confidence heading into the playoffs, but he has been solid besides the big one
Originally posted by random49er:
moody is 53/53 on xpm

weird

He's been awesome.

He's been really good and reliable overall. He even has deep range. If not for Aubrey this has been one of the best young kickers in the league this year. The WZ way over hypes his struggles. He's playing great.

The WZ never overexaggerates on anything.

Never.

6th in FGM% this year. That's the good.

The bad is he missed the game-winner in Cleveland, and missed another in Minnesota that eliminated his chance at a potential game-winner later in that game.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

The bad is he missed the game-winner in Cleveland, and missed another in Minnesota that eliminated his chance at a potential game-winner later in that game.

Vikings was just a comedy of errors. CMC fumble (we probably go in and get points there). -7 there. Disastrous zero blitz with seconds before the half. - 7 there.

We were minus 10 - 14 points at least not even counting the kicking game. That game was just a disaster. I don't put that completely on him. The Cleveland miss was bad.
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Agreed.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

I'll look @ his numbers in pressure situations after several years.

Right now it hurts the souls of unreasonable fans more than anything else. He'll probably be fine given enough pressure situation circumstances, but as is the usual case,...we have to wait.
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Agreed.

I'll be happy with pummeling opponents and not being in a bunch of game-deciding kicking situations. To each his own,...but I'm certainly satisfied thus far. Give me consistency more than anything else.
[ Edited by random49er on Jan 1, 2024 at 3:15 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone