There are 135 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
6th in FGM% this year. That's the good.

The bad is he missed the game-winner in Cleveland, and missed another in Minnesota that eliminated his chance at a potential game-winner later in that game.

I'll look @ his numbers in pressure situations after several years.

Right now it hurts the souls of unreasonable fans more than anything else. He'll probably be fine given enough pressure situation circumstances, but as is the usual case,...we have to wait.

I'm fine with that. Really want him in another GW situation to improve his confidence.
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
He still owe us a game winner...

Agreed.

I believe Bad Moody Rysin gives us a game winning 47 yard FG against the Lambs..
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
6th in FGM% this year. That's the good.

The bad is he missed the game-winner in Cleveland, and missed another in Minnesota that eliminated his chance at a potential game-winner later in that game.

I'll look @ his numbers in pressure situations after several years.

Right now it hurts the souls of unreasonable fans more than anything else. He'll probably be fine given enough pressure situation circumstances, but as is the usual case,...we have to wait.

I'm fine with that. Really want him in another GW situation to improve his confidence.

Yeah I think it's pretty unfair to only judge by the one kick.

It would be pretty cool if he got a chance at a game winner against LA, like moon is saying.
Jake has been rock solid since CLE. Not bad for a rook. He'll do
Originally posted by BP13:

AIN'T if funny no one remembers all the FG he's made but all remembers the Browns FG he missed??
Originally posted by 9moon:

AIN'T if funny no one remembers all the FG he's made but all remembers the Browns FG he missed??

It only mattered if we were not the number 1 seed. Since we are the kick did not hurt us even though we lost the game. Moody has been good ever since.
Originally posted by bassmanr:

It only mattered if we were not the number 1 seed. Since we are the kick did not hurt us even though we lost the game. Moody has been good ever since.

How confident and comfortable are you if he is to have a last second game tying or game winning FG attempt in this playoff?

I do agree he is having a very good season, but at the same time I won't be comfortable in the situation above.
[ Edited by libertyforever on Jan 1, 2024 at 8:00 PM ]
Originally posted by libertyforever:

How confident and comfortable are you if he is to have a last second game tying or game winning FG attempt in this playoff?

I do agree he is having a very good season, but at the same time I won't be comfortable in the situation above.

Fully confident. He's a good kicker. Everything is fine on the inside of that locker room.

TBH,...the paranoia that situational football creates in fans is a big reason why we're drawn to it.

Only thing is the internet has taken it to a whole new level. Everything is fine.

He's made a few squeakers and he's not pounding them all down the middle like the UDFA kicker the Cowboys have.

Im hoping with Brock and CMC and other starters resting Kyle and Sam can give him lots of opportunities from different ranges.

It's like only remembering the pretty girl, but not remembering the ugly ones.

Potential Game Winners always get remembered more than regular FGs in the game.

We have not seen him make a FG in a high pressured situation.
No matter how good people think he's doing there's one stat that he's leading the league in by a far margin…..

Kicks that have so much hook on them they leave you on the edge of your seat with your butt cheeks clinched.

Dude has more bend than Beckham, he needs to get that part figured out.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

Potential Game Winners always get remembered more than regular FGs in the game.

We have not seen him make a FG in a high pressured situation.

Well at least on the NFL level, but he did have a game winner in preseason.
He needs to practice on goal posts only 10-feet apart....aim small, miss small.
I agree 9moon. I think it's the combo of him replacing Gould, and being a 3rd round pick, he's going to be scrutinized by fans more, which is understandable. He's slowly kicking his way into my heart
Share 49ersWebzone