There are 132 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BP13:
Originally posted by 9moon:
AIN'T if funny no one remembers all the FG he's made but all remembers the Browns FG he missed??
I agree 9moon. I think it's the combo of him replacing Gould, and being a 3rd round pick, he's going to be scrutinized by fans more, which is understandable. He's slowly kicking his way into my heart

Nature of the game for kickers. They only have a few moments on the field, but they are high profile every time so people only remember the mistake, not the other 99 times you did the job as expected.
Well, he gets the job done. It ain't pretty nor inspires confidence in how he does it but he gets it done.
Good lord if he pulls a Gary Anderson in the NFCCG, this website will go nuclear.
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by libertyforever:
Originally posted by bassmanr:
Jake has been rock solid since CLE. Not bad for a rook. He'll do

AIN'T if funny no one remembers all the FG he's made but all remembers the Browns FG he missed??

It only mattered if we were not the number 1 seed. Since we are the kick did not hurt us even though we lost the game. Moody has been good ever since.

How confident and comfortable are you if he is to have a last second game tying or game winning FG attempt in this playoff?

I do agree he is having a very good season, but at the same time I won't be comfortable in the situation above.

Fully confident. He's a good kicker. Everything is fine on the inside of that locker room.

TBH,...the paranoia that situational football creates in fans is a big reason why we're drawn to it.

Only thing is the internet has taken it to a whole new level. Everything is fine.

I think you are being unreasonably optimistic. He is 0 for 1 in last minute game deciding FGs. I am not saying that means he has a tendency to choke, I would just say we don't know yet. I just don't understand how you can have full confidence with him at this point.
Originally posted by Patton:
No matter how good people think he's doing there's one stat that he's leading the league in by a far margin…..

Kicks that have so much hook on them they leave you on the edge of your seat with your butt cheeks clinched.

Dude has more bend than Beckham, he needs to get that part figured out.

Is he still doing this?
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Good lord if he pulls a Gary Anderson in the NFCCG, this website will go nuclear.

Let's just hope he's not out in that position.
Originally posted by 49erKing:
No matter how good people think he's doing there's one stat that he's leading the league in by a far margin…..

Kicks that have so much hook on them they leave you on the edge of your seat with your butt cheeks clinched.

Is he still doing this?

They go in though.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by 49erKing:

Is he still doing this?

They go in though.

And may they continue to go in without a hitch
[ Edited by 49erKing on Jan 2, 2024 at 10:29 AM ]
Jake has been rock solid since CLE. Not bad for a rook. He'll do

Unfortunately, that's just how it goes in this league. Not saying it's fair or even rational, but the reality is, playing kicker is mostly a mental challenge and critical field goals and game-winners are what people remember.

Nobody remembers Gary Anderson making every single kick in the 1998 regular season. All they remember is him missing a field goal at the two-minute warning of the NFC Championship that would've put the Vikings up by 10. Likewise, nobody remembers Adam Vinatieri making only ~75% of his field goal attempts in the 2001 and 2003 regular seasons/playoffs. All they remember is the kicks that sealed multiple rings for the Patriots.

And Scott Norwood? I don't think I even need to tell the story, because everyone sadly knows it.

The story on Jake Moody is just beginning, and so far, people see a missed game-winner in Cleveland that he should've made, and an "okay" regular season otherwise, but the missed game-winner is the highlight. He has a chance to write a MAJOR chapter though, by either making or breaking our season in these playoffs. One that will have everyone forgetting about the missed Cleveland game-winner and the regular season, for better or for worse.

It's just the brutal reality of this sport. Me personally? I hope he delivers and makes everyone forget about Cleveland.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Jan 2, 2024 at 10:34 AM ]
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

You have to be perfect in the regular season to pull a Gary Anderson. Only the Cowboys kicker is qualified to do that.

Solid article on Moody's season.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2024/1/6/24021773/jake-moody-kicker-49ers-third-round-pick-rams-preview-justin-tucker
Now that Ray Ray is back for punt returns, only one guy makes me nervous for our playoffs run : our kicker
He never makes a FG down the middle. Always has a hook on it and barely gets it in. This time he hooked it out.
Dude can't wait to be featured on "Missing Rings."
Share 49ersWebzone