There are 241 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Rams kicker missed an extra point too. A tough stadium to kick in. Too windy.

Dude if there is more than 2 mph of wind, Moody gets spooked. I don't know what the answer is for this season but damn that was a wasted pick for this loaded roster.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Maher is even worse than he is…was garbage for Dallas last year in the playoffs

Yeah that's right. Maher was canned because of exactly what Moody is doing. Missing easy ones in bunches and being mentally broken.

Moody is broken. Unless it's a comfortable lead or an inconsequential attempt.
The XP miss was his first all season and I think he has only missed 3 fgs. He is also 2-3 on 50+ yards FGS. Not saying there isnt some concern but its total overreaction to say he is broken.

This isn't because of today; it stems back to Cleveland and Minnesota. You can feel it when he gets the yips, he can't get out of it.

He also has has possibly the least amount of attempts in the league and the 3 field goals he missed were all critical.
The XP miss was his first all season and I think he has only missed 3 fgs. He is also 2-3 on 50+ yards FGS. Not saying there isnt some concern but its total overreaction to say he is broken.

he hasn't had a lot of attempts though, and back to back misses in a meaningless game with 0 pressure is huge problem
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Maher is even worse than he is…was garbage for Dallas last year in the playoffs

Yeah that's right. Maher was canned because of exactly what Moody is doing. Missing easy ones in bunches and being mentally broken.

Moody is broken. Unless it's a comfortable lead or an inconsequential attempt.

This isn't because of today; it stems back to Cleveland and Minnesota. You can feel it when he gets the yips, he can't get out of it.

He also has has possibly the least amount of attempts in the league and the 3 field goals he missed were all critical.
N/M Not worth debating. Moody isnt going to be replaced and just have to hope he comes through. Not going to lose sleep on it or whine about it at this point
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Jan 7, 2024 at 3:53 PM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

he hasn't had a lot of attempts though, and back to back misses in a meaningless game with 0 pressure is huge problem

This is what I'm saying. If you go back to back misses inside the 40 yard line in a game that means nothing, what do you do if you have one chance in a huge playoff moment or can you rebound after a miss early in a game. Small sample size has a concerning trend.
Maybe going to get a chance to make up for it, or compound it...Moody, that is.
  • Cosmo
Last thing we needed was to roll into the playoffs with a kicker who lost his confidence.
Moody gonna cost us two W
Tbh I'm glad he missed a pat. Nobody is perfect. Got that out of the way. Now let's hope he's clutch.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Moody gonna cost us two W

Looks that way.

Left 4 points on the field and we lost by 1 point.

... and we said NO to McPherson..
f**k this a*****e…should've been 14-3 this year if not for him
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Make no mistake Moody is the story of this game. I am really worried with him going into the playoffs. Hit the FG and the extra point and this game is in the bag. Kid better get his mind right or Kyle better be looking around the kicker pile to see whos out there.
We traded up to get a K that screwed 2 games
Share 49ersWebzone