There are 242 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I was a fan of the draft picks but he's honestly my biggest worry in the playoffs. I really hope we don't need a game winner in the playoffs.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
You have to hope Moody is sharp in the playoffs but to be honest he's not been why this team wins. Look how thus seson has gone. When the Niners win they win big, not because of a last minute FG. When they lose it's usually been because they couldn't stop the run.

Yeah but playoff games are almost always close and a couple points matter. Moody has cost us two games this year with his poor ability to execute when needed most. We should of won today and we should have won against Cleveland. It isn't like we are asking him to make 55 yard game winners, they're reasonable kicks.

with that said, he's my biggest worry in the playoffs. I hope he comes around and makes a big kick early in the playoffs to clear his mind.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
14 - 3 with good kicking.

11 - 5 with Moody.

Lost 2 games.

Ok man. Let's try not to stay on repeat
Originally posted by tankle104:
You have to hope Moody is sharp in the playoffs but to be honest he's not been why this team wins. Look how thus seson has gone. When the Niners win they win big, not because of a last minute FG. When they lose it's usually been because they couldn't stop the run.

Yeah but playoff games are almost always close and a couple points matter. Moody has cost us two games this year with his poor ability to execute when needed most. We should of won today and we should have won against Cleveland. It isn't like we are asking him to make 55 yard game winners, they're reasonable kicks.

with that said, he's my biggest worry in the playoffs. I hope he comes around and makes a big kick early in the playoffs to clear his mind.

I'm more concerned about the run D than I am with Moody. If the D can't get off the field then Moody probably won't be a factor.

I'm more concerned about the run D than I am with Moody. If the D can't get off the field then Moody probably won't be a factor.

I've been saying it for weeks, we NEED armstead. Without armstead, we are in serious trouble. Our backups to replace him are garbage. Armstead is HUGE for this defense - gobbles up O lineman to stuff the run, help pass rushers, and keep LBers clean. There is a reason why we haven't looked nearly as sharp with him out.
I've been saying it for weeks, we NEED armstead. Without armstead, we are in serious trouble. Our backups to replace him are garbage. Armstead is HUGE for this defense - gobbles up O lineman to stuff the run, help pass rushers, and keep LBers clean. There is a reason why we haven't looked nearly as sharp with him out.

We can use our offense and their scoring to shield against some run defense deficiency. We've done it all year, including with Armstead.

Put the foot on the gas and get up multiple possessions as we have in pretty much every win.
He missed 4 field goals all season. He missed 1 extra points all season.

The overreactions in here are comedy.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
He missed 4 field goals all season. He missed 1 extra points all season.

The overreactions in here are comedy.

He cost us 2 games 😑

This. It's alarming the make-able kicks he's missing.

He's got 2more weeks to recover. Keep your fingers crossed. Same with Hargrave. If both are healthy then this defense is way better. Not just on the line but it means the LBs aren't going to have to work as hard defending the run.
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
Do you guys think Robbie Gould would accept $38,098,626 to come kick for 3 games
Originally posted by A-R-S:
Do you guys think Robbie Gould would accept $38,098,626 to come kick for 3 games

don't low ball him.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Clearly is the single weakest link on the team. Given the popular saying, we're gonna eventually see if he's too weak.

I just hope Kyle realizes he isnt going to be dependable past 40 yards and he manages his playcalling accordingly.
Originally posted by Antix:
Clearly is the single weakest link on the team. Given the popular saying, we're gonna eventually see if he's too weak.

I just hope Kyle realizes he isnt going to be dependable past 40 yards and he manages his playcalling accordingly.
He missed from 38 and 30 today. Cleveland was like 41 yards. He's a HUGE liability. And the odds are more likely he misses a big kick than makes it. Just what he's shown to be.
Share 49ersWebzone