LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 255 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
He missed 4 field goals all season. He missed 1 extra points all season.

The overreactions in here are comedy.

He concerns me because Everytime we've needed him to help close out a game, he's failed us. That's great that he's made a bunch of kicks when we are up a ton but he makes me uncomfortable when the pressure is on. Not including the 40 PATs he's barely made. Lol it's stressful
Kyle is all good with Moody judging by his presser
Kyle is his own worst enemy.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Nobody is complaining about the 1 seed. This is completely irrelevant. The topic being discussed is a kicker who's a liability. Yes, those games ultimately didn't matter in terms of securing the 1 seed but that tune would change if the Eagles didn't crumble or if Dallas doesn't stumble in a game.

If you are confident in Jake Moody in the playoffs, I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn.

Not a single person was saying prior to this week that Moody was a liability or that they were concerned about our kicking game. Now all of a sudden we need to call up a retired kicker because of one bad game.

Overreactions.
Originally posted by Baldie:
Shanny needs to keep Moody in the back of his head when he's calling plays. We can't afford to put the game on a FG. I don't even care if it's a 30yd FG. I don't trust him.

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by Baldie:
Shanny needs to keep Moody in the back of his head when he's calling plays. We can't afford to put the game on a FG. I don't even care if it's a 30yd FG. I don't trust him.

Just be a 4 down team, it works in madden

Isn't that what the rams just did? They may have punted once but they went for 2 and on fourth all game. lol
  • Deebo
  • Veteran
Trash
This f**k, sucks
Originally posted by tankle104:
He concerns me because Everytime we've needed him to help close out a game, he's failed us. That's great that he's made a bunch of kicks when we are up a ton but he makes me uncomfortable when the pressure is on. Not including the 40 PATs he's barely made. Lol it's stressful

He's also just a rookie who's never done it. Concern doesn't have to be born from terrible performance. He's had some pressure misses and he's a rook. Concern is warranted.

Calling for replacement at this point is another thing. That's not going to happen
Can Wish just kick them in? Lol..Moody can hold it
[ Edited by Montana on Jan 7, 2024 at 6:19 PM ]
he needs to...learn to kick again and maybe he'll be okay next season

• jed_X
  • Veteran
he misses right most of the time. That tells me it's all mechanics with this guy. Looks like he's swiping at the ball kinda like slicing a golf ball.
Our last sb team we had a 3rd round rookie kicker. Thats all the positivity i got lol
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

This is how we will win against the Cowboys
[ Edited by Montana on Jan 7, 2024 at 6:25 PM ]
This was exactly what I feared when they went in this direction at K. Believe it or not, it is an important position and directly affects the outcomes of games more than almost any other position on the team. I think skimping there was stupid...does anyone trust him to make any pressure kick, let alone a long one? his leg strength doesn't mean anything if he cant get it between the uprights. It doesn't seem like a big deal until we lose a close game in the playoffs...I'm just saying.
Moody may have just cost us big time. In two weeks, I know we will have to play them again. Sean McVay is smelling blood. This is improved Rams team who can kill us with Kupp, Nacua, Williams etc. Won't be surprised if we come out flat. We could have eliminated one of the Rams or Dallas had we won.
Share 49ersWebzone