LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 284 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
He reportedly left the locker room after the game ended and before media arrived.

ruh roh

He reportedly left the locker room after the game ended and before media arrived.

ruh roh

Understandable. He cried after the Browns loss, so he might have been bawling after this one.
My thing is this.

We had Gould and we have $40M in excess cap savings. Now if we move off Gould whom we could have paid and brought back, we HAVE to have had a better replacement because kicker is kinda important.

We are vying for a Super Bowl and we don't want a kicker that has the yips back there
And don't worry about him crying. He's been known to be kinda MOODY!
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

ruh roh

Understandable. He cried after the Browns loss, so he might have been bawling after this one.

Not very comforting to know we have an emotional kicker who lets his misses get into his head and dictate his actions.
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

ruh roh

Not very comforting to know we have an emotional kicker who lets his misses get into his head and dictate his actions.

That scares me, it's like my Tee shot once it goes bad it can be 3 or 4 holes before it comes back. Emotions cause the failure after the first slice.
Originally posted by ColorMeBaddFan:
Moody's field goal percentage is 84% which is good enough for #21 in the league including guys with 10+ starts this year. That number isn't great, but he's not at the bottom. But when you include kicks of 40+ yards, he's tied for the 3rd worst in the league. The sample size is small because he, fortunately, hasn't been asked to kick very many. He literally only has 9 attempts from 40 and beyond, he's tied for the fewest there.

Thank you. Everyone defending this guy is negating overall and situational statistics. Moody has had a free ride because of the team he plays for and when he's been asked, he's failed. He's completely unreliable. Get him outta here. This team is too good to rely on the unreliable. End of story.
Divisional game. Rams at 49ers
3rd quarter. 2:18 left. Game 21-21
The Niners are in 4th & 2 at the Rams 34-yrd line.

What do we do?
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Divisional game. Rams at 49ers
3rd quarter. 2:18 left. Game 21-21
The Niners are in 4th & 2 at the Rams 34-yrd line.

What do we do?

Literally don't want this guy ever kicking a field goal. Odds in that situation are better to get the 2 than him booting a 34 yarder, which is the entire problem.
We need to find some s**tty mls player in the offseason

Am I crazy, but wasn't he known in college for having ice in his veins during clutch moments?
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Am I crazy, but wasn't he known in college for having ice in his veins during clutch moments?

Not sure about clutch situations (not a big amateur football guy) but he was 82 percent for his career (including 82 percent his final year). How that means 3rd round pick is pretty bonkers to me.
[ Edited by SmokeyJoe on Jan 7, 2024 at 9:32 PM ]
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

ruh roh

I am only kidding, for the most part
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by SolRebe1:

Not sure about clutch situations (not a big amateur football guy) but he was 82 percent for his career (including 82 percent his final year). How that means 3rd round pick is pretty bonkers to me.

He hit all his game winners in college. He was super clutch.

i feel like he just hasn't had a chance to really get in a rhythm. I mean there have been month periods of time where he hasn't kicked a field goal. Lol have to remmeber he's a rookie. Also, when he has missed - it's been the worst timing.

It could be argued that when he doesn't perform, we lose. Lmao so all he has really experienced is either missing, then the team loses or he doesn't really have to do a damn thing.

he's also had bunk kickoffs that's gave the opposing team great field position that they capitalized on. I just feel like his screw ups have been magnified because when they happen, its worse case scenario for the team. Lol

our offense has been the #1 redzone scoring TD offense in the league. This isn't like the cowboys where he has had 40 attempts throughout the year.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jan 7, 2024 at 9:39 PM ]
Moody essentially has the least amount of field goal attempts of any kicker this year. Lmao there are a couple guys with less than him but I don't think they've played all year.

lol from what I've seen - he's dead last this year in attemptes
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jan 7, 2024 at 9:44 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone