LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 148 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
Moody essentially has the least amount of field goal attempts of any kicker this year. Lmao there are a couple guys with less than him but I don't think they've played all year.

lol from what I've seen - he's dead last this year in attemptes

We're back to the Mike Cofer days I guess
  • Cosmo
Moody essentially has the least amount of field goal attempts of any kicker this year. Lmao there are a couple guys with less than him but I don't think they've played all year.

I've been one of his biggest critics, and being responsible for 2 of our losses didn't help, but the reality is he's our dude through at least next season. He's a Niner so I'm gonna be behind him, think he'll improve as he gets older.
[ Edited by Cosmo on Jan 7, 2024 at 9:49 PM ]
Originally posted by Cosmo:

I've been one of his biggest critics, and being responsible for 2 of our losses didn't help, but the reality is he's our dude through at least next season. He's a Niner so I'm gonna be behind him, think he'll improve as he gets older.

I genuinely think he will be an awesome kicker for us, long term. He just makes me nervous as a rookie, especially being the kicker for a team where he has barely kicked.

i didn't expect him to look so consistently shaky. Ever since pre season - his kicks have been sketchy, even the ones he made. With gould, the makes were almost always straight down the middle. With moody, seems like they're always barely going in. Lol
I find it funny how we as fans tend to analyze kickers as I t's such a unique position. It's extremely important and vital to our SB aspirations, yet everyone is pissed off they spent a 3rd rd pick on one because you can get how blow off the street. What a contradicting stance.

It's pretty simple for me. This dude is either going to make the kicks or he's not. There is only one way to find out and we will in two weeks.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I find it funny how we as fans tend to analyze kickers as I t's such a unique position. It's extremely important and vital to our SB aspirations, yet everyone is pissed off they spent a 3rd rd pick on one because you can get how blow off the street. What a contradicting stance.

It's pretty simple for me. This dude is either going to make the kicks or he's not. There is only one way to find out and we will in two weeks.

You have a perfect example with the Cowboys. They picked up an UFA rookie who has had a better year than Moody. We prob could have signed a FA non rookie and had similar results in terms of the percentages. Certainly close enough to not want to invest a 3rd round for what would be marginal improvement at best and potential.

Value is important in drafting. It's not just about getting a need pretty much ever.

Justin Tucker and Adam Vinatieri were UDFA's and now we have the guy in Dallas that was a soccer player.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

You have a perfect example with the Cowboys. They picked up an UFA rookie who has had a better year than Moody. We prob could have signed a FA non rookie and had similar results in terms of the percentages. Certainly close enough to not want to invest a 3rd round for what would be marginal improvement at best and potential.

Value is important in drafting. It's not just about getting a need pretty much ever.

Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Justin Tucker and Adam Vinatieri were UDFA's and now we have the guy in Dallas that was a soccer player.

I see that as no different than Wilson, lance, fields, Lawrence, jones bs Purdy. It's more likely a Jada kicker will work because most teams go that route. It doesn't mean drafting one is bad.

If moody was an udfa, you'd still be pissed he missed today. It's as simple as any position, we just want a good one we don't have to worry about.
I see that as no different than Wilson, lance, fields, Lawrence, jones bs Purdy. It's more likely a Jada kicker will work because most teams go that route. It doesn't mean drafting one is bad.

If moody was an udfa, you'd still be pissed he missed today. It's as simple as any position, we just want a good one we don't have to worry about.

Honestly not mad he missed today. Didn't even look at it as a pressure situation. My concern is roughly the same. Would be concerned going forward even with Dallas' rookie strictly due to inexperience.

We already found out in Cleveland and Minny. I can't imagine anyone who has confidence in this guy making a key kick; Moody himself and staff, included
12 new pages added to the Moody thread in one day!

Dude must be popular.

if kyle says moody is alright then in kyle i trust!!!
Cut him immeidtaley and bring back Guold
Not sure if mentioned or not but Aubrey who everyone has praised missed two FG's today. His 1st two of the season.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Wrong time to be chocking!
Originally posted by titan:
Wrong time to be chocking!

No its the best time because now shanahan at least knows he cannot be trusted at all going into the playoffs. You basically now have established you don't have a reliable kicker so you best have a plan for it...

I expect a lot more going for it on 4th if we're on the opposing teams side given this information...
Share 49ersWebzone