LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 239 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
it's ok
he will be fine
I wouldn't be shocked if he missed a key kick which costs us a play-off game / superbowl and we cut him thereafter.
There seems to be a very much hit and hope with him when he attempts all his kicks not sure he knows what he is doing or can judge when its slightly windy etc.
the worst part about yesterday IMO was Moody not being given a chance to redeem himself at the end. that's the only thing I was hoping for with Sam Darnold and the 49er offense late in the 4th quarte.r
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Originally posted by titan:
Wrong time to be chocking!

No its the best time because now shanahan at least knows he cannot be trusted at all going into the playoffs. You basically now have established you don't have a reliable kicker so you best have a plan for it...

I expect a lot more going for it on 4th if we're on the opposing teams side given this information...

Kyle going for it more on 4th downs ?!

Expect a lot more punts when it's a 50+ yard FG attempt. Kyle doesn't man up when he faces adversity. He shrinks further into his shell.
Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:

No its the best time because now shanahan at least knows he cannot be trusted at all going into the playoffs. You basically now have established you don't have a reliable kicker so you best have a plan for it...

I expect a lot more going for it on 4th if we're on the opposing teams side given this information...

Kyle going for it more on 4th downs ?!

Expect a lot more punts when it's a 50+ yard FG attempt. Kyle doesn't man up when he faces adversity. He shrinks further into his shell.

• All22
  • Veteran
Can we bring Robbie out of retirement for the playoffs?
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I find it funny how we as fans tend to analyze kickers as I t's such a unique position. It's extremely important and vital to our SB aspirations, yet everyone is pissed off they spent a 3rd rd pick on one because you can get how blow off the street. What a contradicting stance.

It's pretty simple for me. This dude is either going to make the kicks or he's not. There is only one way to find out and we will in two weeks.

Nah. There's tons of evidence showing you don't need to spend a draft pick let alone a high pick on a kicker to find success.

SF has legit positions of needs to develop…but instead of resigning a vet who is nails in the playoffs, They drafted a kid who would immediately have a f**k ton of pressure on him based on his draft position and the team he was going to.

It was a horrible waste of draft value and you can look across the league and see that.

If we lose because of a kicker in the playoffs. That's on Kyle. We have a ready made roster to win it all…putting it all on a f**king rookie kicker who clearly isn't ready for it will backfire imo.
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I find it funny how we as fans tend to analyze kickers as I t's such a unique position. It's extremely important and vital to our SB aspirations, yet everyone is pissed off they spent a 3rd rd pick on one because you can get how blow off the street. What a contradicting stance.

It's pretty simple for me. This dude is either going to make the kicks or he's not. There is only one way to find out and we will in two weeks.

Nah. There's tons of evidence showing you don't need to spend a draft pick let alone a high pick on a kicker to find success.

SF has legit positions of needs to develop…but instead of resigning a vet who is nails in the playoffs, They drafted a kid who would immediately have a f**k ton of pressure on him based on his draft position and the team he was going to.

It was a horrible waste of draft value and you can look across the league and see that.

If we lose because of a kicker in the playoffs. That's on Kyle. We have a ready made roster to win it all…putting it all on a f**king rookie kicker who clearly isn't ready for it will backfire imo.

They spend all that draft capital on him because Kyle readily admits he doesn't know anything about kicking and punting. So they just overspend on the consensus #1 guy. That what they did with Wish too.

Would be better if they just got a better special teams coach.
We have a better chance of converting a 4th and 15 than Moody making a 40+ yard FG, so f**k it, the analytics say just go for it the entire playoffs
Originally posted by All22:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

They spend all that draft capital on him because Kyle readily admits he doesn't know anything about kicking and punting. So they just overspend on the consensus #1 guy. That what they did with Wish too.

Would be better if they just got a better special teams coach.

Our ST coach is actually a good coach. All our positional coaches have pretty prominent say in FA/Draft….not sure how normal that is.

just my thoughts as someone who spends enough time going over prospects and stuff during the draft. I would NEVER spend that on a kicker/punter. Ever. Don't care if he's the next Tucker….now toss in that this team was all in this yr to win. Why you gonna put a kid in that position? Go spend a couple bucks on a legit vet like Gould. Don't have question marks at a position like that.

now we all have to clench our butt cheeks every time he goes up to kick during the playoffs run

Chocking? Is that a cooking skill?
OOOkkkaaayyyy...I missed the game yesterday. What the hell did Moody do?
Originally posted by 49erKing:

It's what he didn't do
Originally posted by BrockIsHim:
Originally posted by 49erKing:

It's what he didn't do

Why do people think he needs to be cut for another kicker? Keep 2 kickers and stash Moody for next season. Jennings is coming back, new kicker takes Conley spot.
Share 49ersWebzone