LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 163 users in the forums

Jake Moody-K-Michigan 3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Predator85:
Why do people think he needs to be cut for another kicker? Keep 2 kickers and stash Moody for next season. Jennings is coming back, new kicker takes Conley spot.

We should bring in a vet kicker to at least light a fire under his ass during the bye.
The positive thing about Moody is his monster leg. He looks like he can hit from 70. The negative is his accuracy. He's got to figure that part out
Originally posted by Silky:
The positive thing about Moody is his monster leg. He looks like he can hit from 70. The negative is his accuracy. He's got to figure that part out

Yeah, he is more on the boom and less technical about it, it seems. It's like he kicks without thinking much about it lol. Just kick it to the parking lot who cares, just boom it lol

Originally posted by BrockIsHim:
We should bring in a vet kicker to at least light a fire under his ass during the bye.

That might cause him to yip more, if we get a vet, we keep the vet and drop Moody:)
[ Edited by Montana on Jan 8, 2024 at 7:26 AM ]
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I see that as no different than Wilson, lance, fields, Lawrence, jones bs Purdy. It's more likely a Jada kicker will work because most teams go that route. It doesn't mean drafting one is bad.

If moody was an udfa, you'd still be pissed he missed today. It's as simple as any position, we just want a good one we don't have to worry about.

Honestly not mad he missed today. Didn't even look at it as a pressure situation. My concern is roughly the same. Would be concerned going forward even with Dallas' rookie strictly due to inexperience.

Same, everyone misses, So glad he did it in a meaningless game.

Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
We already found out in Cleveland and Minny. I can't imagine anyone who has confidence in this guy making a key kick; Moody himself and staff, included

Yes, but remember he is a rookie, so I get the growing pains. He's not Jimmy G after 7 years in the league overthrowing Sanders in the 4th quarter of a SB.

I circle back to what I said earlier. We will only know how he does in a playoff/championship pressure situation, by seeing him in that situation. Of course its nail biting, but eventually its going to happen.

I agree if he makes his first kick he is the type to sail. If he makes a game winner it would really help him, but at the same time for longevity maybe it's best he experienced missing a game winner early in the year. He knows what it feels like and if he has the right mentality he wants to taste that victory and isn't afraid etc. A ton of psychology in sports, I love it.

Also its not fair to compare him or anyone to Robbie. He was a proven beast and an outlier tbh, but that's history and Moody is the current reality. Of course we hope we found another one.... we shall see!
I see that as no different than Wilson, lance, fields, Lawrence, jones bs Purdy. It's more likely a Jada kicker will work because most teams go that route. It doesn't mean drafting one is bad.

If moody was an udfa, you'd still be pissed he missed today. It's as simple as any position, we just want a good one we don't have to worry about.

Honestly not mad he missed today. Didn't even look at it as a pressure situation. My concern is roughly the same. Would be concerned going forward even with Dallas' rookie strictly due to inexperience.

We already found out in Cleveland and Minny. I can't imagine anyone who has confidence in this guy making a key kick; Moody himself and staff, included

Yes, but remember he is a rookie, so I get the growing pains. He's not Jimmy G after 7 years in the league overthrowing Sanders in the 4th quarter of a SB.

I circle back to what I said earlier. We will only know how he does in a playoff/championship pressure situation, by seeing him in that situation. Of course its nail biting, but eventually its going to happen.

I agree if he makes his first kick he is the type to sail. If he makes a game winner it would really help him, but at the same time for longevity maybe it's best he experienced missing a game winner early in the year. He knows what it feels like and if he has the right mentality he wants to taste that victory and isn't afraid etc. A ton of psychology in sports, I love it.

Also its not fair to compare him or anyone to Robbie. He was a proven beast and an outlier tbh, but that's history and Moody is the current reality. Of course we hope we found another one.... we shall see!

Gould was 84.4% last season same as Moody. He was 82.2% over the last 4 seasons. He also couldn't reach the end zone with his kickoffs.
This thread is comedy.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Gould was 84.4% last season same as Moody. He was 82.2% over the last 4 seasons. He also couldn't reach the end zone with his kickoffs.

Exactly. And we could argue the lack of touchbacks hurt us and cost more games than Moody's two missed field goals and pat.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
This thread is comedy.

Do you know what else is comedy if not more?

The Golden State Warriors.

Lulz.
Originally posted by tankle104:
He concerns me because Everytime we've needed him to help close out a game, he's failed us. That's great that he's made a bunch of kicks when we are up a ton but he makes me uncomfortable when the pressure is on. Not including the 40 PATs he's barely made. Lol it's stressful

He missed a field goal today with 2:36 left in the 2nd quarter. LOL

Dude just talks and talks,...lol.
İ dont want us to be two points behind with 3 seconds left in the SB and Jake Moody being on the field for the last play of the game

• bud49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49Fever:
İ dont want us to be two points behind with 3 seconds left in the SB and Jake Moody being on the field for the last play of the game

Me either.
Originally posted by bud49:
Originally posted by 49Fever:

Me either.

I don't think anyone with a brain stem disagrees with you.
[ Edited by bassmanr on Jan 8, 2024 at 3:14 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erKing:
This thread is comedy.

Lulz.

No that's a sad story chick flick that sucks.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
I am telling you right now.

If this team is as good as it thinks it is no game should come down to a game winning kick.

period.
Originally posted by 49erKing:

Lulz.

I'll take four rings and one of the greatest runs in the history of the sport.

Hell that still plays in the context of the 49ers and it was 40 years ago, lol.
Share 49ersWebzone